Max HP Roll

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here

Should NS4 implement the max hp roll option with 1.69?

Yes
80%
No
3%
Don't Care
18%

Total votes: 40

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Max HP Roll

Post by ashsagoon »

1.69 will add the option of letting the server automatically give you your max hit point roll when you level (so no rolling for hit points for 30 min). Just curious what everyone thought about it and if people thought it should be implemented on NS4.

I personally would love to see it. It's one of the most frustrating parts of the game trying to just keep clicking to get your max hps. Especially if you have spells, feats, and stats on that level, it can take a long time. Since I haven't met anyone who did not try to reroll for max hps, I figure most people would be for this as it would speed up the game and make it more enjoyable. So post your opinions here.
PWnD by Squishee
LinuxPup wrote:you probably just didn't realize your builds sucked

Lorkar
Spamalot

Re: Max HP Roll

Post by Lorkar »

Is it even an option to implement? Or is it going to be S.O.P.? If it is an option, then for a mostly hack and slash/PvP server thats fine, but for RP servers I would have voted no. If NWN had a truly random number generator I would say no as well, but we all know thats not true now is it?
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

From what I have read you can go in and change the setting yourself. I am not 100% sure though.
Power is not given. It is taken.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]
Ya ya ya I know... stop whining, complaining, and learn to build better.

Wolfarus
Newbie Helper

Post by Wolfarus »

this was brought up at least once before in the past, and it was shut down by a few of the dm's and hard-core players, with the line of thinking "if you want max hp's, spend the time to earn it". Which i dont agree with, since its a given that 99% of us are going to spend whatever amount of time it takes to get max hp's. Putting in a script that gives it to you automaticly is VERY player friendly and helps us save time.

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

i vote yes. i will never settle for less than max HP and sometimes it does take a loong time to get. ive probably sat for like 50mins before trying...literally.

an option to save those minutes so we can just get back to playing would be wondrous
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ashsagoon »

1.69 Release Notes wrote:Added new nwnplayer.ini file setting to always roll maximum hit points at level up for players (defaults to off).

[Server Options]
Max Hit Points=1
http://nwn.bioware.com/support/winclient_beta.html

It's under general fixes but it's definitely going in and it's a server option. Sorry should have included that to begin with.
PWnD by Squishee

Azeel3
Pk Bait

Post by Azeel3 »

Yes, YES,Yes!! BRILLENT ! A much needed tool here on prime, too many times has one person held up a group or a player attack and then killed because they couldn't get that magic number they where looking for, glad to see someone other than me was thinking about the little details. I truely hope the Dev's look into this for 1.69

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

i like killing those afk guys that spend 20 mins rerolling for max hp...i can roll on the run and you'd never know i lvl'd :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

rolling wiz's is the worst and should be the easiest :(
1in3 chance for max. + spell selection and feats + skills. If you can do that on the run tep and roll a 2 everytime and be happy with it as to not tear your mouse from the box you indeed are a god.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

i've rolled out many wizzy's on the run at lvl up
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

also i know most do it but if every toon has max hp then why do weapons spells ect need random damage rolls? why not max them too then we would need to ajust other things to compinsate for that and so on and so on

a slipery slope indeed
Balion, Blade of Torm

Blystos Re wrote:"Join the Northern Coalition.
We have Motivational Posters."

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ashsagoon »

Aarkon Draco wrote:also i know most do it but if every toon has max hp then why do weapons spells ect need random damage rolls? why not max them too then we would need to ajust other things to compinsate for that and so on and so on

a slipery slope indeed
I'll read over the release notes and see if they added that option.

But seriously this is nothing close to that and that's not even an option. Be realistic. I'm sure if everyone could pause the game and reroll their damage rolls they might but it'd be a boring as game. This is just to save time.
PWnD by Squishee

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Aarkon Draco wrote:also i know most do it but if every toon has max hp then why do weapons spells ect need random damage rolls? why not max them too then we would need to ajust other things to compinsate for that and so on and so on

a slipery slope indeed
Do you roll for max HP on lvl up?
xXenox

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

I roll for "better than average", and will re-roll, time permittting, to get in the top 80% of the max if not the max. Won't accept less than average.

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Post by diddy33 »

when i'm playing a wizard or sorc, i'll reroll until i get a decent one.. when there isn't much HP in the first place you need all you can get.. with barbarians and such it doesn't bother me that much.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”