Pure Class Builds

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Like monks, with extra cheese! Or rogues for insta-cheese and mastery by dumping all your skill points into the ones normally rogues-only! All with extra cheesy flavors! Available at your nearest p4wn@ge sh0p for only $2.99 per pound!

Maankin
Noob

Post by Maankin »

What type AC is the mage armor bonus?
If the pure wizard could use a boost it would be the epic dragon knight, which seems to be stuck (with my wizard) at a level 25 balor with 39 ac and 47/42/37/32 attack progression. I think a pure level 40 epic conjurer should deserve something a bit grander.

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

kingfatzo wrote:
Daltian wrote:Pure wizard could use some help though. By not taking levels of PM/SD or some other clases/PrCs you dont gain much and suffer very bad survivability. (Low AC and so on). It is much cooler to be pure wizard though, thats the only reason I am sticking to it!

mmm, no ....

i have to agree with Fricebottle here ......a pure wizard built properly is fine ...and if you want to add cheese a pRc is not necessarry there are plenty of other cheesy options to suit ppls needs.

P. Fricebottle wrote:The only classes that are getting pure bonuses are that ones that need?

just a guess, but i'll bet Ftrs, and maybe rangers will be the first to experience rejuvination :)

I never said pure wizard is bad, I just said non pure is better.

Also, mage armor doesnt give +10 ac but +5 (only dodge bonus counts, other bonuses are already there anyway). So you end up with ac of about 42 at lvl 40 if you go pure. And 42 isn't really awesome.

Want to point it out again, I am not saying wizard is weak, just that multiclased one is much stronger.
xXenox

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

actually a pure class caster with a little strength to carry stuff, wearing full plate armor and tower shield, buffed to all get out, with epic mage armor and warding....that mage is very tough.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

pure class caster with a little strength to carry stuff, wearing full plate armor and tower shield,

There go 3 or 4 feat slots for armor & shield proficiencies.

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

Amoenotep wrote:actually a pure class caster ..., wearing full plate armor and tower shield.

that takes FOUR feats if you want to stay pure (no spell foci for you). that's a heck of a price!

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

Binkyuk wrote:
Amoenotep wrote:actually a pure class caster ..., wearing full plate armor and tower shield.

that takes FOUR feats if you want to stay pure (no spell foci for you). that's a heck of a price!

And a Pure Wiz gets 7 feats pre epic 4 bonous feats pre epic , 7 more pose 10 more bonous feats post epic ....

i think between all this u should find a feat to blow on heavy armor and stil 1 2 3
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Maankin
Noob

JURAT

Post by Maankin »

a small correction: you get 6 epic bonus feats: at 23,26,29,32,35,and 38

I agree pure wizards can be powerfull, but we're not swimming in feats.

as a pure wizard you need quicken spell and automatic quicken 1,2,3
epic mage armor and warden and probably dragon knight

if you want to wear armor (wich I personaly think doesn't go with the wizard idea, but you have 40ish ac without it) you also need heavy armor profiency, shield profiency, still spell, auromatic still spell 1,2 and 3.
That makes 6 feats.

You probably want 2 epic spell foci and 2 or 3 metamagic feats, that's an other 8 or 9 feats
Add to that spell penetration feats or greater intelligence feats
and all of a sudden 24 feats isn't that much to play with.

I'll give an example:
I have as feats ( as a lvl 30 conjurer)
expertise and greater expertise (I don't like the still stuff) - which end when you cast a spell, but without them I'm toast.
epic spell focus necromancy and conjuration (that's why I keep asking for a scaling epic dragon knight)
greater spell focus enchantment ( before I knew 90% of the >CR14 monsters are immune to mind spells and 75% of the mind spells are disabled or nerfed beyond use (lvl 9 dominate monster became hold monster???????)
extend spell and empower spell.
epic mage armor and epic dragon knight
quicken spell and automatic quicken 1,2,3

nothing uncommon (except for the mistake of the enchantment foci - which shouldn't be a mistake in the first place :x :x :x
I love that spell school why was it "disabled" anyway?)
Last edited by Maankin on Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Don't you need Light & Medium armor proficiencies before you can get Heavy?

2 levels of Fighter solves a lot and puts you up to a third attack, but then you miss any pure-class bonuses.

Maankin
Noob

Post by Maankin »

that's the whole point

Shieldcracker
Noob

Post by Shieldcracker »

Pure Class Fighter Bonuses - I can't wait to see what the other classes end up with.

Sparky
Dungeon Master

Post by Sparky »

Enjoy. :D
Serving NS4 proper as Lathander and Sleeth as Bahamut.

Yes, I'm a DM, but your build still sucks.

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Yowza.

Seems a bit much.

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

have you tried playing a pure fighter?

MasterYoda
PKer

Re: JURAT

Post by MasterYoda »

Maankin wrote:a small correction: you get 6 epic bonus feats: at 23,26,29,32,35,and 38

I agree pure wizards can be powerfull, but we're not swimming in feats.

as a pure wizard you need quicken spell and automatic quicken 1,2,3
epic mage armor and warden and probably dragon knight

if you want to wear armor (wich I personaly think doesn't go with the wizard idea, but you have 40ish ac without it) you also need heavy armor profiency, shield profiency, still spell, auromatic still spell 1,2 and 3.
That makes 6 feats.

You probably want 2 epic spell foci and 2 or 3 metamagic feats, that's an other 8 or 9 feats
Add to that spell penetration feats or greater intelligence feats
and all of a sudden 24 feats isn't that much to play with.

I'll give an example:
I have as feats ( as a lvl 30 conjurer)
expertise and greater expertise (I don't like the still stuff) - which end when you cast a spell, but without them I'm toast.
epic spell focus necromancy and conjuration (that's why I keep asking for a scaling epic dragon knight)
greater spell focus enchantment ( before I knew 90% of the >CR14 monsters are immune to mind spells and 75% of the mind spells are disabled or nerfed beyond use (lvl 9 dominate monster became hold monster???????)
extend spell and empower spell.
epic mage armor and epic dragon knight
quicken spell and automatic quicken 1,2,3

nothing uncommon (except for the mistake of the enchantment foci - which shouldn't be a mistake in the first place :x :x :x
I love that spell school why was it "disabled" anyway?)

don't correct a jedi master unless u wanna get burned.

wizzies retain the 1 feat every 5 levels in adition to there epic bonus feats.

go look it up and test it then complain.
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”