Tired of lame ideas? Here are my ingeneous solutions

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

Paddy wrote:
Sigh, ok listen, if you actually buff/buy potions/pick up and use potions, you can get complete and total immunity to every single mage/sorc spell in the game.

what gives immunity to Bigbies?

Simple, high whatever skill it checks on now. High STR or Discipline I forget which should make you immune to it now, or use spell mantle potions as said above. Eitherway Bigby has been severely nerfed if you lose to it you really suck.

Chimaira
Looking for group

Post by Chimaira »

What if your a dexer or a mage?
See if you succeed a DC 15-34 str check then.

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

mage should have spell protections up

dexer should have rogue/bard lvls for umd.
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

Okay, but what about the city ideas? and the High Quality stores with extremely marked up items?
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

Chimaira
Looking for group

Post by Chimaira »

Lol UMD.
Whatr you gonna do with that? Use a leet spell mantle scroll? 1 dispel and its gone, only idiot mages wouldnt dispel a mantle.

Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

And only idiot UMD users wouldn't reuse another spell mantle. Oh and that round they dispelled you, you managed to get within melee range, likely disrupting thier spell casting, with KD, likely killing them without even needing to recast your mantle (but you should just in case).

Chimaira
Looking for group

Post by Chimaira »

Heh have you ever looked at the time it takes to use a scroll?
Your dead before you even use the scroll, and even if you use it the mage just breaches and bigbys, and you wont get close.
And I doubt knockdown would work on a mage since you can get 2 +5 disc rings and a +5 disc bracer. Even IF you get close and manage to KD him, you wont even do damage since any mage can get high crap AC and a crapload of reduction, resistance and immunity.

Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

Chimaira Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[censored] [censored] [censored], whine whine whine.

Um yea casters can only cast bigby or breach once a round, scroll use takes 1 round, you do the math. If you don't want to have spell mantle up, fine, don't, but you CAN. And bigby works craptacular vs Str based fighters. Vs dexers, well dexers just plain suck if you didn't go monk for SR or some other form of caster defense... But yea so you CAN defend against everything, unless you are a moron, or Chimaira. Take your pick. For a special someone its both :D .

Oh, and FYI lesser breach won't drop mantles, and I don't think greater will either. So that leaves mord, which means you only need 9 spell mantle scrolls/potions to be totally immune, but, whoh that weighs like .9 way to much for your 3 str dex-er to carry. And I've found around 50+ Spell mantle potions so far, but hey, that would require looting, something beyond the scope of certain players.

Sir Sean
Dungeon Master

Post by Sir Sean »

Will both sides of this argument please back the animosity down a notch? There are some good ideas being presented in this thread, and I'd hate to have to lock it as having become a flame-fest.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sir Sean the Starknight
Yes, I am back for good :)

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

Focus people, We have hashed the What should casters and fighters do against each other debate....THAT ISN"T WHAT THIS POST IS ABOUT. Its about some new and innovative ideas that should be talked about. I'm glad that this argument is being fleshed out....but please keep it off of my post. Right here, right now, I am trying to push for some changes that seemingly would help out the rest of the NS4 community.

Now, the high items market area, the defensive sequencers, and City Defender XP bonuses. Those sound like good ideas.

Also, what about an item that gives haste 3-5 times a day with an ILR of 16? That would stop the low level chars from running around like lightning, and will give the higher level chars items that help decrease travel times.

Also, don't forget the innovation of economy. right now gold is worthless on NS4 after lvl 12 (and you're able to haul a couple sarc's down to avendell). The best way to make gold worth something are these two ideas:

High priced items that are valuable (not better than rares, but paying 4 million for a better than average lvl 16 item is worth it).

Suggestion number 2: Paying extremely high prices for items that have no ILR on them. (Think about it 30 mil for a normally lvl 20 item, that has no ILR) that would instantly put stock back into the gold system.

I think some changes to the gold economics of this game would make trade and commerce flow better in NS4.

Also, more magic items that just make the game convenient, raise dead scrolls (my first post on this forum), and haste potions are just TWO of the things I think should be more widely available. Best way to keep these two potentially hard items is a real simple solution. Put ILRS on Raise dead scrolls and haste potions (ILR 9?) or make them prohibitively expensive so that only high lvl chars can have access to them.

Now, please...focus the debate to these issues, not anything else....I don't want to have to repost this because this forum gets locked. No more flames please.
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

I apologize for my lack of knowledge about 3E.

But in 1E the books gave information on what magic items and potions were/could be/should be available to what level characters. Then the person running a particular game could change it to match their campaign.

Isn't that info available in 3E d&d ?

I would think haste potions, along with cure lights, would be 'fairly' easy to get, while anything to do with higher lervel spells wouldn't.

I think your suggestion of some very expensive items giving high levels some additional capability would be good.

I played in another mmorpg last year, they had item forgers/blacksmith, etc as player characters. It was usually multiclassed.

The game had specific item drops, but the blacksmith player characters could forge swords, maces, etc. that gave more very expensive more to the item being forged.

I don't know if the NWN engine would allow such a thing or not.

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

Another money sink, that i would go for, would be automized housing. Now of course building houses, or giving keys to houses would take forever, but if a script is added that numbers each house in each faction's areas, and then a merchant sells keys to these(merchant i guess would need to be updated and have text changed automatically so that he could remove his house # options, and still survive crashes) to players for say 10-15m. Then, the player would get a key to a #'d house, whose # could be replaced by the player's name upon entering, and then this house sign and it's contents etc. could autoupdate the module. I'm not sure if it's possibly to edit the areas while they're being used, but if they can then that's my idea on it.
Lindon Erithar
and

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

Actually, you could probably just get it done through a DM basis for the houses....for example...you ask the dev's and dm's if you can have a specific house, then you get the only key to that house. Building the house, and generating a specific lock to the key isn't that hard in Aurora, neither is Bongoblue's forging idea (at least, normally it isn't...i don't know with the NS4 code).

What do the dev's/Dm's think about these ideas?

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

Hmm.. if the dm's could pass out the items and have a dm checklist that all other dm's could see on what's been bought, that wouldn't be too bad. I was just thinking an automated thing would be nice, because although it'd take a decent time investment from the devs, it'd lessen the overall one on dm's/devs and would be up with the servers all the time.
Lindon Erithar
and

Chimaira
Looking for group

Post by Chimaira »

Alexiagold wrote:
Chimaira Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[censored] [censored] [censored], whine whine whine.

Um yea casters can only cast bigby or breach once a round, scroll use takes 1 round, you do the math. If you don't want to have spell mantle up, fine, don't, but you CAN. And bigby works craptacular vs Str based fighters. Vs dexers, well dexers just plain suck if you didn't go monk for SR or some other form of caster defense... But yea so you CAN defend against everything, unless you are a moron, or Chimaira. Take your pick. For a special someone its both :D .

Oh, and FYI lesser breach won't drop mantles, and I don't think greater will either. So that leaves mord, which means you only need 9 spell mantle scrolls/potions to be totally immune, but, whoh that weighs like .9 way to much for your 3 str dex-er to carry. And I've found around 50+ Spell mantle potions so far, but hey, that would require looting, something beyond the scope of certain players.

Oh so a mage that has quickened dispel can only cast 1 spell per round? Dont think so.
And if you say dexers suck then u should try out servers that are actually balanced. But that would mean you couldnt own everyone with a single class, so then it wouldnt be fun now would it?

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”