Timer on transition

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Re: Timer on transition

Post by Amoenotep »

then someone changed the anti cheater code cuz someone cried they couldn't beat an epic /craimoar

hond..if no one has spawned an epic in the temple in a while, you will always find them there when you walk in.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

If i run into AO as the first raider with no previous raids, there are epics there probably 50% of the time that I enter the first time. If I see epics and there are no defenders, I leave the map and then wait a couple secs outside then return. Epics are no longer there. This is 100% consistent in my experience and functions the exact same in every faction cradle room.

And as hond and I are saying, based on the additional information that has been provided, you can 100% spawn epics if you are the first person to the cradle and there have been no raids (no 10 minute timer since the last epic spawn.) You just pump it till they load the first time then hold it.

Regardless of the mechanics, the end result is that AO almost always has epics when any significant raids on AO are about to occur. They have epics so often that you are forced to ask the question: how? And to be honest, we have no faith in the argument of "it's impossible, they can't spawn epics". Apparently there is some way of manipulating it.

This is not usually an issue, but recently, we've had a lot of players getting killed by epics because they are held so often. Sure its fast and cheap (gp) to return to sleeth. But when you lose 2k and your level 40 and have to run to DE gates to solo 1400 xp to regain your level, IN THE MIDDLE OF A RAID, then the problem needs addressing. Fighter tokens, bard roars, dragon fear, stun fist... these all get you killed by epics in an enemy cradle faster than the PC's can kill you usually. This is why the topic of epic spawning and holding has started.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

hond..if no one has spawned an epic in the temple in a while, you will always find them there when you walk in.
So if someone of AO/RK enter in temple before me...they will find epics also ... :shock:
bah ...forget it...i'm too retard for understand it....

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Bargeld wrote: And as hond and I are saying, based on the additional information that has been provided, you can 100% spawn epics if you are the first person to the cradle and there have been no raids (no 10 minute timer since the last epic spawn.) You just pump it till they load the first time then hold it.
Based on my interpretation, this shouldn't be possible.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Amoenotep wrote:if no one has spawned an epic in the temple in a while, you will always find them there when you walk in.
This means: when you know there is incoming you just login with defender and get to the cradle first and hold em. This is the problem we are trying to point out.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

the strategy is lol...thats like saying someone ran in to a boss room to make it spawn and waited for you to get there. the epics were going to be there anyway, they just made sure they were waiting for you and you wouldn't run out to despawn the area....as you stated you do ;)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

End result you're being idiotic and ignoring the blatant statement that its impossible to forcespawn epics.

There is still an RNG screw and you can despawn them, but its a similar story with books; - the RNG controls what you get, but you can't influence it in any way.

Edit: Oh, except for having 32 broken books and 12 silvery crafted greataxes in your inventory.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

i think we speaking about two differents things...we don't speak about spawning strongers epics, or just have 4 of them inside craddle...i can't expalin me founding EACH time i raid epics waiting for me in AO/RK craddle...if it's not posible to do it on purpose (founding and holding them with multi logged toon), and you found 100% times epics inside craddle, something work baddly...some sort of bug in sleeth temple...tactic is epics + pure kd tokens toons+ hellballer+ pure barb roar+ dragon blocking entry.... i receive many times PM from other faction who confirm that fact....you enter in AO craddle, and there is a AO/RK toon inside with epics...

an other black vortex here. Some players use the dragon shape of RDD, blocking doors..not using their size for block the way only, but fisicaly blocking door movement. You can't open the doors from outside or inside. I will named that a transblocking...i have a nice Screen Shot of that but i don't know how to send images....

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Use http://www.imageshack.us to upload images.

And yes, I've seen the doorblocking dragon too. And yes I tried to sneak past him to the door, but I couldn't reach it. I guess you need to kill it first :).

And I don't think you can block the door from the "other" side. Should still be possible to open it from "this" side.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

Last edited by hond on Sat May 26, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

other version

on this version, door is blocked...you can't open them from inside or outside...

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

And yes, I've seen the doorblocking dragon too. And yes I tried to sneak past him to the door, but I couldn't reach it. I guess you need to kill it first :).
on this version, door is blocked...you can't open them from inside or outside...
naw... Annabelle opens that door and sneaks past them every time... simply must look (spin screen around) and find the door... then click to open it...
just be very careful not to click on the dragon... once the door is open... then look again and find the trans...

once you click on the tras, the big dragon moves just a bit to let you tru... unless they can see you... they can't stop you :lol:

:twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Blocking doors with a dragon is a legitimate tactic. Realistically, how are you going to open a door with a huge dragon in front of it?

And if you can't kill a dragon that is just sitting there, then you have some bigger things to worry about.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

ghostly and i took 2 relics out of AO with a huge dragon blocking the door once...we just asked him to move, he couldn't find us :)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Rufio wrote:Blocking doors with a dragon is a legitimate tactic. Realistically, how are you going to open a door with a huge dragon in front of it?
As described here, nope.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”