Tired of lame ideas? Here are my ingeneous solutions

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

i think igms is currently overpowered, but that's no reason to add magical immunities.

i'd rather see the spell limited to 5 targets.

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Post by sep caldessian »

dond wrote:i think igms is currently overpowered, but that's no reason to add magical immunities.

i'd rather see the spell limited to 5 targets.

ive seen its changed to do only 1d6 per missile.

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

Everyone can get melee resists to all melee dmg types. We can't get resists to all mage dmg types. Allowing players to choose between acid, fire, cold, magic, piercing, bludgeoning, slashing, negative energy, positive energy, etc. will still give everyone weaknesses and allow things to be countered, but if someone wants to be immune to the ridiculous automatic take 100+ dmg from igms, then they can do that just like they could have 50% and 10-15 resist to melee dmg types.
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

why not just get shield pots?
then you're completely immune to igms...

Glaran Heckerk
Noob

Post by Glaran Heckerk »

dispelling anyone?
in shadows aantioch

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

There's stoneskin pots as well. Why not let each person choose to be resistant to a couple things, instead of most melee dmg types and some fire and electric/cold?
Lindon Erithar
and

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

AndrewCarr wrote:There's stoneskin pots as well. Why not let each person choose to be resistant to a couple things, instead of most melee dmg types and some fire and electric/cold?

stoneskin wears off. it can also be beaten with a +5 enchant.

i dont get what you're saying in the second line lol
you said you want to be resistant to a couple things, then you said you can be resistant to melee types and elemental?

keep in mind that most of the content is not done.
balance first (rewriting spells) and bug fixes, then content

Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

Sigh, ok listen, if you actually buff/buy potions/pick up and use potions, you can get complete and total immunity to every single mage/sorc spell in the game. If you are unwilling to use/buy/pick up potions then YOU DESERVE TO LOSE BECASUE YOU ARE A MORON. I constantly run through zones and stop to loot bags becasue almost no one picks up the potions that drop. Dispell is the same thing as a fighter switching weapons, you have to change shields/gear (re-use potions/rebuff) or you will have no resists/immunities to that spell. Again, if you don't want to rebuff/re-use potions then YOU DESERVE TO LOSE BECAUSE YOU ARE A MORON. If you complain about not having enough potions, then make friends with a caster who can make them for you, or actually stop and pick up the 1000s of random potion drops in NS4. I just don't understand you guys, I mean seriously fighters have it easy compared with mages, if you actually prepare for PvP. Yet everyone bitches about mages being overpowered. My only thoughts are that fighters aren't using potions/buffing, which means YOU DESERVE TO LOSE BECAUSE YOU ARE A MORON.

I challenge you to show me One mage spell that as a prepared fighter you are "hopelessly overwhelmed by and destined to lose" or what ever tripe you guys constantly spew out that results in nerfs.

Yes I'm sick of it, both the constant whining by melee types and the constant nerfing in response to it. If Mages were still enitrely unnerfed a melee based character could completely and wholey own any mage in the game, very easily, without taking any damage. Yet mages have been nerfed a lot, all because of whiners, like this thread. YOU DESERVE TO LOSE BECAUSE YOU ARE A MORON.

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

While I'm not sure I totally agree with the delivery, the content of the message is dead on. The fact of the matter is mages are already fairly well operating in a deficit compared to ALL other classes.

It is a shame that so many people would rather tweak the mages down instead of figuring out how to beat them PvP. Well said Alexia.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

i'd have to disagree with you on that tgpo

mages are not anywhere near a deficit. they are still a very capable class in pvm and pvp.

i would still like to see tweaks here and there to certain spells in both arcane and divine magic arsenals, but 'core' spells like igms should largely remain (still like to see it limited to 5 targets, damage is fine!)

i also disagree with the fighter fanboys wanting immunity-to-everything-including-magic-gear :P

mages beat fighters, unless that fighter is fully prepared. (potions!)
if you want to be a mage 'easily' (ie no thought required), play a monk or pally/cot. those are the caster killers.

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

dond wrote:
AndrewCarr wrote:There's stoneskin pots as well. Why not let each person choose to be resistant to a couple things, instead of most melee dmg types and some fire and electric/cold?

stoneskin wears off. it can also be beaten with a +5 enchant.

i dont get what you're saying in the second line lol
you said you want to be resistant to a couple things, then you said you can be resistant to melee types and elemental?

keep in mind that most of the content is not done.
balance first (rewriting spells) and bug fixes, then content

My point with the stoneskin potion thing was that there's a counter to melees with potions, and a counter to mages with potions(minor spell mantle, spell resist). And having resistance to acid dmg(elemental) and piercing dmg(mostly melee) isn't a couple resistances? That's what I'd like for balance(along with ebonwood bows to be keen to match up with all other basic lvl16 gear). So if i really really hate igms, i can possibly get 50% magic resist, and 10- soak to it, while if i really really hate negative energy from horrid wilting, i can do the same, or i could take 20% to one element, 20% to a physical, with the 10-15 soaks to each, and maybe one extra set of resist/soak on a shield.
Lindon Erithar
and

Paddy
Developer

Post by Paddy »

Sigh, ok listen, if you actually buff/buy potions/pick up and use potions, you can get complete and total immunity to every single mage/sorc spell in the game.

what gives immunity to Bigbies?
Paddy the Dwarf

The NS5 dev team draw a line in the sand:
cely wrote:20:00 <cely> flailer is pretty sexy, but i'm not letting him sit on me

Kell Of Neversummer
Pk Bait

Post by Kell Of Neversummer »

Alexiagold wrote:Sigh, ok listen, if you actually buff/buy potions/pick up and use potions, you can get complete and total immunity to every single mage/sorc spell in the game. If you are unwilling to use/buy/pick up potions then YOU DESERVE TO LOSE BECASUE YOU ARE A MORON. I constantly run through zones and stop to loot bags becasue almost no one picks up the potions that drop. ....

AMEN - potions are light and easy to carry. Keep leaving them around everyone - I'm glad to pick them up.

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

Paddy wrote:
Sigh, ok listen, if you actually buff/buy potions/pick up and use potions, you can get complete and total immunity to every single mage/sorc spell in the game.

what gives immunity to Bigbies?

those red spell mantle pots that drop!

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

Jesus, thank you TGPO and Alexiagold, thats exactly correct, use items, use pots so that you can be well prepared to PvP, EVEN IF YOU"RE NOT A FIGHTER!!! you should have potions on you to help you get ready for a fight in PvP.

If you ask me, shoudl un nerf and undo all the stuff thats been done to the spells (except summoning spells) and have at it. Forget balance, because it will never exist. The only thing that balances a fighter vs. a mage, is magic items. WE CAN ALL AGREE ON THAT (and if you can't....then you won't be winning many PvP fights)

Now to other business.....

What about the sequencers, the teleportation, and making some spells buyable through vendors, or merchants? And also, and new thing I would like to see added, How about making it so that if you defend your faction against an invader, it increases your faction ranking.

For example:

I kill person X IN THE CITY LIMITS of melencia (has to be in city limits). Person X is an opposed faction, thus, My faction status would increase. Because of my increased faction status, I could buy better items, cheaper items, have rewards for actually doing something with the faction war. That would be cool. Also, this provides a way to make players want to participate in the faction war. Some sample rewards:

having a high faction rating could offer "secret" items that only high lvl faction members can buy from their markets (these items could also be exclusive to that city which would further make this awesome) Tell me what ya think.

My other additiion would be to add a "High Quality" items store, where you pay 4x as much as you normally would for a higher quality item (an imbued mithral scimitar for example), thus making higher lvl items moreavailable, yet extremely expensive. This also would add the value of gold in the game (helping the economy because right know gold is worth about as much as the centenial notes during the US revolution). Even if items start to cost up towards 5-10 million gold, if the items are worth the buy, then that would make chars have an interest in keeping their money (because right know at lvl 17 i have next to no use for money)

There are other store ideas I have, but I don't want to put them out till I here back on this idea.
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”