Mining Monk's Uber Build complaint

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Shamedmonkey
Looking for group

Re: Mining Monk's Uber Build complaint

Post by Shamedmonkey »

psibertiger14 wrote:You guys are so funny it's unreal. For being such an uber builder Rufio maybe you should learn what stacks and what doesn't. The absolute best part is the more you claim it is right the dumber you look. Even if the numbers worked, which they don't, I also told him to make it. Keep going though, plead your case, I know many are entertained by this. I am sure should you ever make a real point a DM will notify me. Nice try though guys. Hahahahahahahahaha.

u mad
I have always imagined that when shamed prepares for relic events, he grabs his bull horn, he finds his Napoleon hat, and he settles in for a weekend of barking orders and generally pissing off everyone in the tc/nc coalition. - Burrahobbit

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

1 sorc lvl gives True Strike for +20 ab. Can't remember if it caps or not, but that would be a funny start if just looking to prove a point.

I don't think it extends either, but hey, 1 round is enough for a screenshot! :shock: :twisted: :lol: :wink:
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

psibertiger14 wrote:I have more screenshots to help as well, being at work means I can't post anything though. The main point mining is trying to ignore is I told him multiple times neither his word or a DM's word that his math worked would do, he had to make it to prove it. I tell you what, if you are dumb enough to make a toon using 6 +4 books and come within 1 ab of the 70 i will still give you a +2 book because I got you to waste 6 +4 books. I also having logging turned on and can provide the text of probably the whole conversation to a DM should it be requested, I will save the file tonight in case it's needed. Other than that this thread has provided about as much humor as it's going to from the TSS geniuses and I will let it drop on my end as TheEdge requested. Have fun ranting all :)
Ummm building it offline is making it, so he proved it.

All of those buffs do in fact stack.

:twisted: So pay up or shut up.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Well, Image

As I have indeed PROVEN I can make one with those stats, I believe monsieur owes me a +2 book.

The BAB is in fact 27.

Let me break it down for you:

Epic: 10 BAB regardless.

Preepic:

7 cleric gets AB on 2,3,4,6,7.
5 BAB
4 monk gets BAB on 2,3,4.
3 BAB.
9 fighter gets BAB on 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.
9 BAB.
9+3+5
=12+5
=17.

17+10 = 27 BAB.

I can assure you that starting stats are correct, make it on a tester module and you comfortably get it there.

Also, as to "With the context mining needed to create this build", All I needed to do was PROVE I could make an AO or RK Scyther that got 70 AB and 80 AC. If you want to go all technical ", this screeny shows that I never needed to make it, or design the build, only prove it is doable.

EDIT: Yesterday, someone was saying "Oh, you should post on forums, name'n'shame. I ddn't really want to inspire 10+ pages of futile debate when it was clear that I a) had the build, b) it worked. It appears however, that Psiber feels the need to dredge up 3 or 4 pages of his mates going "Oh yeah, mining's build sucks". Frankly, we need someone who hasn't seen this crap as to now, Nonguilded, experienced players, SL/MA, that kind of player is who should be assessing this. They need to be shown the precise build, nothing else, and be asked to look for mistakes. So long as the assessor deosnt know the situation, all will be good.

Oh, and I win a small moral victory, because noone once said my build was not Uber as the title said ;p.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

mining wrote:Oh, and I win a small moral victory, because noone once said my build was not Uber as the title said ;p.
that is because it is uber-ugly... so you got the uber part correct
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

my BAB is 27 on the Hogre abomination
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

best i could do with hogre is 70ac 68ab for about 3 seconds...sustainable 69ac 65ab for 15-30 second bursts :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Post by diddy33 »

heh, and it doesn't do well against HIPSers, it runs pretty good though :lol: :lol:

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Yeah, I noticed it runs good, too - seems to port away from danger, too, is that the hogre awesome button? Or does that turn his opponents to chickens? :P
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

frogofpeace wrote:Yeah, I noticed it runs good, too - seems to port away from danger, too, is that the hogre awesome button? Or does that turn his opponents to chickens? :P
The porting effect is a 21 monk 'feature'

Heh, I wonder who believes that and goes out to make a 21 monk
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Whats up with the little font crap? Not man, woman enough to place it clearly? :D
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Nyeleni wrote:Whats up with the little font crap? Not man, woman enough to place it clearly? :D
It's for the visual effect, instead of putting *mutters under breath* or *in a small voice* or *whispers* something like that.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

cRaZy8or5e wrote:
Nyeleni wrote:Whats up with the little font crap? Not man, woman enough to place it clearly? :D
It's for the visual effect, instead of putting *mutters under breath* or *in a small voice* or *whispers* something like that.

Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

self portrait kromix? :)

j/k. that is one ugly animal. dc 50 fear aura pox.

- glow -

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

Chernobyl_Glow wrote:self portrait kromix? :)

j/k. that is one ugly animal. dc 50 fear aura pox.

- glow -
That's Mining's Shifter
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”