The Githzerai Subrace (Need Dev Input)

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Doesn't the game use the highest single source of SR by default? It should pick the monk class SR over the sub-race SR if it's higher, doesn't it?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

Dallas17 wrote:yah it's pretty lame, especially since we'll continue to have that huge ECL post 20 and not gain a thing for it really, atleast nothing worth that much of a cost..

I have kind of given up on the races with ECLs now. Leveling is so slow and for some epic feats you need natural bonuses anyway. Once we get out of Beta and I know what builds I am going to make for sure I'll probably look an ECL char again.

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Racial SR caps at 30 because it's an item property on your creature hide. Notice that it only goes up to 32 in the toolset. When the devs get around to modifying the character files to get "natural" racial boni implemented maybe they'll look into doing SR too. Too bad "SetSpellResistance" isn't a scripting function.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

However EffectSpellResistanceIncrease(x) does act like a give target Spell Resistance x for now, instead of what the description leads you to believe, and doesn't stack with other spell resistance (probably broke this function when they fixed spell resist stacking last fall). Acts like a SetSpellResistance() would :)

So it will be possible to set any arbritrary spell resistance in the future, which will be desperately needed for epic creatures and whatever epic magic system we come up with.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Dallas17
Noob

Post by Dallas17 »

my other mod SR raises by +1 every level if your drow.. and goes all the way to 50 if your level 40....both things i've heard here can't be done.. no idea how they've done it, infact as far as i know they're using the subraces from HCR, but modded several times i know to fix bugs, etc..
Apollo - Former leader/advisor/'guy who did stuff' of HUH

Dues Ex- Moonshine's perfection..

brooding malicous soulless dark hearted mean dude, who wears leopord skin bikini style undies

Dallas17
Noob

Post by Dallas17 »

I've got the a local version of the mod, open it up and see what i can find right now.. though i know little about NWN script (yes i've heard a thousand times it's easy if you know basic C++, i'm just lazy :P)

brooding malicous soulless dark hearted mean dude, who wears leopord skin bikini style undies

Dallas17
Noob

Post by Dallas17 »

*reads up* bah, lockey already said what i was going to show.. oh well

effect eSREffect = EffectSpellResistanceIncrease( 11 + GetHitDice( a_oCharacter ) );

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

wait ya'll none of this is answering Mumoo's question....are the dev's going to implement the correct version of Githzerai?
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

I think Lokey answered that already. This version is the correct one for NS4. :)

"How about we're using 3.0 race templates with some 3.5 spell balancing?

Think ours are the 3.0 DMG versions, maybe Guide to the Planes or other sources vary between campaign settings."
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”