Pure Class Builds

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
watchwood
Newbie Helper

Post by watchwood »

Re-enable the autofail saves and critical misses and all that jazz on a roll of one. That'd make the game so much more interesting.
The DuFresne Family of Malencia
DrunkenGamers.net

Metis
Dungeon Master

Post by Metis »

Let me state Auto-Fail will not be enabled. There are way to many problems, if it could be enabled for pvp only that would be different but it cant. first spells, auto kill spells you can start getting some at a pretty low level so it becomes casters just spamming them against way to high a npc, take slay living (lvl 4 or 5 i think) I can easily envision a couple clerics loading up a ton of them then being able to kill any boss easily, from mountain to say even a couple 24 casting them on say cheery or Ragnar, at that level with quicken (not auto) you can slot about 14-16 odds are the npc will roll a 1. In a perfect world it wouldnt be exploited but reality is it will be happening constantly

Spells aside weapons come into it, many weapons with level or stat drain are given a dc for their level ie the level 13 sword isnt suppose to be effective in the planes but anyone with a decent ab with an onhit drain, swinging 4 times a round with auto-fail on...you get the picture.

I would like to see it but if you look at the big picture you can see why its not realistic to be put in most are looking at it from a pvp or mvp, not pvm where the problems will be.

*Now you can return to your regulaly scheduled topic*
"Wheresoever you go,
go with all your heart." - Confucius

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

It's ok for epic mobs to have auto-kd and auto-drain attacks that work 99% of the time to use on players... But, not ok for players to have a 5% chance that something might possibly work?
It's more balanced to have it so that what players have will NEVER work?

Considering the tons of immunities that epic mobs already have, it wouldn't be the nightmare situation Metis so lovingly drew for us.
It's not like there are any vorpal weapons.
Besides, what's adding 1 or 2 extra immunities to epic boss monsters anyway? A drop in the ocean.

Apparently the dev's and dm's think it's much more fun beating on something for 15 minutes than having that little bit of uncertainty involved.

Massive HP and absolute chance of failure aren't as much fun as suspense and uncertainty.

Would it be so horrible to try this out for a couple weeks?

But really, who cares? In the end, most people are incapable of noticing it anyway.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

can you move the saving throw into the spell script itself? i.e. ignore what the real saving throw roll is, then roll inside the script and add the target's modified fort save, and if it's a pc let a "1" instakill or whatever, and if it's an npc do nothing or something different. (or compare the cr vs caster level and let instakill happen to npcs if you're within a certain level range).

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”