Important Npc's dying

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
crippe13
Pk Bait

Important Npc's dying

Post by crippe13 »

Since I haven't heard any replies on the problem of job Npc's being killed and not respawning, I have another 'idea' for a temp fix.

What if those npc's left bodies that stayed until server resets? Would be even better if said body could be resurrected by players... while it might not solve the problem altogether, it would at least give a small chance of someone willing to revive them so lower levs could finish their jobs.

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

Ever have one of those DOH! moments?

Brilliant idea IMHO.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Sagil
Pk Bait

Post by Sagil »

Hmm.. sounds good, if we can prevent an exploit such as a people raising and killing them over and over again for drops and/or xp.. :)
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them!

Dyson
Pk Bait

Post by Dyson »

hmm well the job NPC's in NS at least don't seem to drop anything. Didn't notice the XP to be that great either.

Only killed them once tho! Didn't realize what they were the first time.
=CI= Dyson of AO
=CI= Hack of AO, still looking for =CI= Slash...
=CI= Kyran of NC

crippe13
Pk Bait

Post by crippe13 »

The xp might be an exploit, but simply make the corpses non-lootable and there won't be a problem with items. While NS was the major eye opener for this problem, I think every faction will find it annoying once more people are raiding towns. In MA the newbie vendor was missing a few times I think simply because attackers didn't know what she was. TC had most npc's except the newbie vendor killed, if they had jobs I'm sure those npc's would have died as well. I'm just trying to get everyone to help think of solutions so if you can think of a better one then throw it out...

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

Or you could set the Critical NPC's to zero experience, or set them to invulnerable, which would prevent their death altogether. However, if you want a real feel to teh situation, maybe you should make all the guards drop bodies, and then give people the chance to ressurect them for the defense of their town. What would be cool is if every 1:5 guards had a res scroll, so that the combat would be just that much harder to take over a city. give players a 10 second window to rez their guards, and see what happens :D

Still cripples Idea is good :D
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

meatbean
Pk Bait

Post by meatbean »

why the hell would someone want to kill those kinds of npc's anyway? Whats the challenge in it? Why not just go kill some of the barn yard animals outside Avendell. Would be the same difficulty. :lol:
Pestilence of Clan Freakery, Phil Latio of Clan Freakery, The One of Clan Freakery. Major Pain, Cpl. Punishment.

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

havent raided AO have you? Chirrem and Lord Drakmarr are both part of the jobs and neither is one you want to turn your back on.

Anyway the raise kill raise kill is easy to avoid. check the raise/res vs npc if npc and casters faction dont match its a wasted spell. That would still allow the kind hearted player to bring any player they run across back to life.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

some job npcs are near rift shards that block magic.

rezs wont work.

crippe13
Pk Bait

Post by crippe13 »

Good catch dond- I forgot the LA guys like Pepin and Lord...something were sitting within a few feet of the rift.. unless they somehow change it so res or raise dead work near rifts, then it wouldn't help them....

Elairn (Dart)
Noob

Post by Elairn (Dart) »

maybe is offtopic but why do rift shards absorb spells????

i mean the real reason , not the RP one

edit: PS: if my post is offtopic delete it but do not close the topic, pls
Dart ... (GH) on NS4

Missing NS3 Central Community too bad. :(

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

No clue, but it really helps out when people invade the ns temple. The two high level casters in there are virtually useless as they still cast spells. The guards are similarly useless when they hit badly wounded b/c then they use pots all the time, which don't work, and then are killed usually before they run out.
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

deathdearler1
Newbie Helper

Post by deathdearler1 »

i know everyone complains that ppl kill the job npc's in NS, but i don't even know who they are. a couple of friends and I killed just about every NPC in NS one day and got berrated constantly for killing the gaurds, yeah the gaurds, we were told the gaurds are part of some of the jobs. if i'm not supposed to kill gaurds, why would i invade a factions town?
when death comes for you and you are not afraid, if he asks why tell him you met me

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

sir pepin and that lord guy are two of the highest ranked mobs in ns, that's why i kill them now. If they were in their own rooms, and much much lower lvl, like lvl1, or gave the xp of a lvl1, then they wouldn't be killed as much.
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”