Quest Ideas from the community

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Nah, as soon as a couple people find the solution, they'll tell one or two of their friends, then they tell, and so on...
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

Then change the solution...

Ah, have a list of puzzles for a particular location. Randomly presented.

nah, as you pointed out, it wouldn't last long enough to justify the effort.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Sounds good then. Nothing worse than a quest where everyone knows everything about it before they do it (Silver Mithril?).
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

Whether you know what to do or not, you still have to succeed at doing it
{FotS} Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
14 Fighter/7 Weapon Master (Rapier)/1 Rogue [LA Outcast]

:[FotS]: Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
8 Rogue/1 Fighter/1 Shadowdancer [MA]

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

How about messenger quests to other factions? Something that would force you to go other places and explore - and reward you for doing it. Maybe there is a spy or something there, or someone is trying to arrange a truce (or cross faction wedding even). Anyway, with such a huge world, it would be good to have reasons to go to other faction areas besides leveling and killing lol!

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Would a "messenger" flag be put on these characters so they don't have to fight the members of the actual faction that they are delivering to, only the wild animals or monsters that inhabit those areas?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

I actually think they would have to find some way to get there - either by might or by guile. This would of course be more of an upper level job, though invis/stealth can get you a long way (I went from NC to NS as a 5th level pretty easily).

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Seems like the cleric followers of Vhaerun would have an easier time doing this type of quest.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Kolu_maic
Noob

Quest Ideas from the community

Post by Kolu_maic »

Capture the Flag:

Faction members capture flags from enemy factions and return them to
their own faction. The flags are significant because they contain buffs that
all members of the faction benefit from. For instance the "Attack flag" would
give everyone in the faction a +1 to attack. "AC flag" gives +1 to AC etc..
To go into effect the flag must be returned to somewhere such as Temple
Helm in Neversummer and placed at an alter or whatever(dropped in a box
probably).
I'm not sure what to do about the flag when the flag bearer is killed by
a monster in transit though. Is the flag returned to the previous owners?
Dropped like loot until found?
Anyhow it gives faction raids some meaning.

Murkill
Noob

Re: Quest Ideas from the community

Post by Murkill »

Kolu_maic wrote:Capture the Flag:

Faction members capture flags from enemy factions and return them to
their own faction. The flags are significant because they contain buffs that
all members of the faction benefit from. For instance the "Attack flag" would
give everyone in the faction a +1 to attack. "AC flag" gives +1 to AC etc..
To go into effect the flag must be returned to somewhere such as Temple
Helm in Neversummer and placed at an alter or whatever(dropped in a box
probably).
I'm not sure what to do about the flag when the flag bearer is killed by
a monster in transit though. Is the flag returned to the previous owners?
Dropped like loot until found?
Anyhow it gives faction raids some meaning.

I had a similar idea such as this one, but not as capture the flag. I was thinking more along the lines of seige tactics, where there would several areas which then some of those areas belong to factions.

Each area has a fort with a flag which belongs to the respected faction, guards etc. The idea is that when an opposing faction attacks the fort to take over, they have to destroy the factions flag, and through the use of tokens whatever faction is the person who destroyed the falg, the flag of his faction wil spawn.

Since the flag of the new faction is up, now guards of that faction will spawn in the area, and the people pf that faction can us e the hunting grounds around more freely or something, since a few of the lower level guards will spawn in the areas around the area with the fort.

I know it sounds kinda confusing, but i think it's a cool idea.

Shasz
Pk Bait

Post by Shasz »

I like the capture the flag idea, with small bonuses to everyone in the faction (if possible) for every flag your team holds at its home city.

You could reward the person or party who captures an enemy flag and takes it to their home, or returns their own flag home, with some XP bonus too.

Maybe more or tougher faction guards could spawn based on how many flags your team holds.

Of course the flags themselves could be artifacts or relics or even pieces of equipment a player could wear, but they'd have to auto-drop whenever a person holding them got killed. Each one tailored to the faction that holds it sacred, and not stealable from your own faction for personal use.
Rolin Thunderstone - Defender of Ragnar's Kin

crippe13
Pk Bait

Post by crippe13 »

How about a couple npc's with random 'I lost my _______' quests? You could have them randomly generate from a list of some of the decoration items still in the game. Poor Jinx has lost his doorknob? Or that favorite sword handle? Or some specific new items that would be a random drop in the area? It's not any sort of a major quest, but it would reward some packrats and give an excellent reason for all these people running around killing everything...

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

Billiard wrote:How about messenger quests to other factions? Something that would force you to go other places and explore - and reward you for doing it. Maybe there is a spy or something there, or someone is trying to arrange a truce (or cross faction wedding even). Anyway, with such a huge world, it would be good to have reasons to go to other faction areas besides leveling and killing lol!

Yeah. Like such a character would have to visit every faction city, and bring something back from there. It would have to be something easy to get, but unique. Hmm. Maybe vendors in each city could sell small bottles of sand or bandit scalps from each faction city...

Sort of a Grand Tour of all the places a character can go.

Teh Panda
Pk Bait

Post by Teh Panda »

AO Job 'Quest' ideas

(change) Dragon Attendent: Chirem (or whatever it's spelled) -

Have a proffesional snack NPC dwarf (fat one) who attends to the dragon's dietary concerns, instead of running around looking for a random nobody. I figure with a world where nobody can die, they could take advantage of it and come up with some crazy posts. It can even be considered one of the highest honors to be a proffesional snack ! :lol:

Heck, maybe it can even be a PC job :twisted:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Overlord, Slavemaster, or some name to similar effect.

Have Slovak, the slavemaster, give a key to the prison areas where the PC will have to put down a revolt (kill all hostile slaves in the area). The door will be relocked and the key will dissapear after job completion.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Wyrmling Supervisor - (since it's already in game, but doesn't say anything.)

The PC has to track down stolen dragon eggs, that only could be carried by Wyrmling Supervisors, and return them to an important NPC, at the hatchery.
These could be found on certain mobs around the area, and when they were returned to the NPC the character would be awarded Job points. Later on the job could expand to include taking some of the young out for a walk (fly?) and protect the wyrmling from mobs, who all have an increased aggro range just for them :D .
The PC will be able to return for their JP after a certain time limit in the area (which changes depending on the job level, maybe even into NC or Circle lands ).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Eh, just some ideas to flesh out the AO job system.

Of course I believe there should be Job systems set up in the other Factions first, since the only ones with Jobs that I know of, as of now, are AO and LA.

EvilIguana966
Noob

Post by EvilIguana966 »

For some higher level weapons it would be a nice idea to implement a quest that allows you to choose the base type of weapon of your choice.

For example:

Smith Tagrus, Dwarven NPC, would be marked as plot so unkillable, would live in a small zone off the dwarven mines. Neutral to everybody.

Smith Tagrus says "Greetings adventurer, I trust ye have sought me out to perform some work for you?

You say "What type of smithing do you do?"

"Not just anything my lad, I craft very rare materials into useful arms and armor. If ye seek my work ye better be well financed and well prepared, as I don't keep precious ores just lying around. Anything less that pure Admantine is not worth my time."

You say "If I find anything interesting I'll be sure to return"

Then you would find some pieces of pure admantine, acquire imbued gems from some high level bosses, and return to Tagrus with them and a few hundred thousand gold. He will then craft them into a melee weapon of your choice.

A similar NPC who lives in the Enchanted Forest could work with rare enchanted wood to create bows. Also I would place a neutral efreeti in the plane of fire somewhere who would require some fighting to get to, but would smith certain planar dropped gear into a different form (ie full plate to chain, a short sword to great sword, etc etc) for a gold and xp cost.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”