Speed and MA

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

wait Dynmi is that swallow carrying a cocunut?
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

the speed itself doesn't, but the bonuses do as its supposed to be bioware untouched haste....but no, it won't make you faster.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

-Chronepsis- wrote:You guys from MA ever try making an archer with high spot? Just shoot the darn wabbit :).

heh heh that build's on my to-do list ;)

Rummybum
Newbie Helper

pvp and relic raids.

Post by Rummybum »

Disastro this is why it is fun to play vs IO on reflections, I recommend it to folks. We don't always win but often it has to do with who plays their character better.

I cant believe anyone would have the nerve to complain because the uber cheese pm build could maybe possibly be knocked down by an uber high dwarf fighter! How dare anyone else ever have a chance, is that what your saying?

Vastly (CLAD)er

Dementia
Noob

Post by Dementia »

I do find it funny that the bane-leg-huggers are downplaying the use of PMs, yet yesterday it was mainly potion-chugging PMs that were defending the MA relic cradle, all the non-pms that attacked us died in seconds.

I think the overall ns4 balance is nearly perfect build-wise, PMs are immune to stunning fist, crippling strike, pretty much any other form of stunning and paralysis, crits, sneak attacks, death attacks, they can easily get their AC above 70, and can gain access to epic spells - so I don't see any reason they need to be able to run faster! just play better!.

Mind you, PMs do have many weaknesses as well -like low will&fortitude saves, lower hitpoints, and more - but not many people have or use the right tools to take advantage of that, yet.
Dementia =kSt=

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

Dementia wrote:I do find it funny that the bane-leg-huggers are downplaying the use of PMs, yet yesterday it was mainly potion-chugging PMs that were defending the MA relic cradle, all the non-pms that attacked us died in seconds.

if you read more closely you'll see i was referring to IO players specifically, not MA in general. and most of our top pvpers roll in with non-pm toons.

I dont think it means anything really, just stating a curious fact.

Umpa
Developer

Post by Umpa »

Does a monk level 6 with haste exceed 150%? Perhaps this should be examined.

MA has a very powerful class already, one that can literally walk away with the flag if they have enough disc, and Heal pots. RK have no supper uber class that even comes close to PM, hence their need for speed. If anything they should probably give dwarfs another class they could use.

Every class has its drawbacks, some are better then others. You can kill any as fast as you want if you know the correct counter/build. Its actually much harder to kill a PM then just about anything else in the game, why would they MA need another class after that? PM's take a very special counter build that isn't very useful against anything else compared to some more fun classes. Please do not say wizard is the counter, yes it is does, but considering most PM will just have 71ac, countering BB, and suck pots till you have no more spells to cast.

The last thing I'd want to see is a PM moving at 180%, with 100 full heal pots, thats just silly with SR from a monk and speed it would be something the devs would have to nerf anyway, why open that up.

If your looking at Alliances that should be allowed a bit more I'd say RK probably still needs something more, 100 monk dwarfs isn't really that fun long term. :wink:

minielvis
Looking for group

Post by minielvis »

*reaches for kleenex box*

Someone finally gives us some love.

*sniffles..blows nose*

Thank you Umpa.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

lol, PM's are countered by about 3 different classes very easily. i can kill most pm's with a bard build...RK can build any class type they want. how does RK not have the build options to deal with any faction?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

RK has no class restrictions... other than other unique prestige classes and AAs I think. They're free to build many different non-monk builds... plus they get Dwarven Defenders... a really nice prestige class.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

minielvis
Looking for group

Post by minielvis »

Ahhh.............there we go. That's the stuff I'm used to.

Carry on.

Dementia
Noob

Post by Dementia »

are you mad umpa???

you truly don't realize what a good DwarvenDefender can do!! (lots of DR, +4? AC in stance with no effect on AB, full bab pre-epic, 2 levels gets you the equivilent of uncanny dodge, and only 5 levels makes you unflankable yep, that means immunity to most sneak/death attacks -possibly crippling strike?-, and they can fight multiple opponents with limited or no AC loss and basically gives them blind fight for free as well. And with enough DD levels and high con+DR feats, they can laugh off most melee/ranged physical attacks.

So I'd say RK is just fine as-is, perhaps they could use a bit of nerfing in cleric domains? :twisted:

as for disastro -- I was just mostly ignoring what you wrote specifically, and was generalizing, the fact remains that MA gets PMs and they don't need anything else - everyone stop whining and start playing - case closed -
Dementia =kSt=

Core
Looking for group

Post by Core »

Unflankable is not the same as uncanny dodge, in fact it's actually worse. Flank means from the side. You will still lose your dex bonus to ac and your dodge bonuses from the rear. No one is immune to sneak attack as far as I know unless they are immune to either critical hits or sneak attack itself specifically. Unflankable is often misunderstood, and it's not as good as uncanny dodge, and uncanny dodge is still better.. Who's been blowing it up or started the rumers is beyond me though, but the flank in the game engine isn't all that great and you'll still lose ac bonuses from the rear and the back corners, flank means sides.

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

Defensive Awareness gives both retention of dex AC and immunity to flanking, and it gives immunity to sneak attacks as long as the DD is engaged with an enemy (though they may be sneakable when flatfooted, such as when pot chugging - i'm not sure).
Assuming NWNWiki isn't just spreading 'rumours'.

Core
Looking for group

Post by Core »

From testing myself you can still get sneaked.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”