Kobolds and other races

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Core
Looking for group

Kobolds and other races

Post by Core »

I was wondering if it would be possible to add in other races like kobolds and whatnot. Since your useing leto anyway it should be possible to leto the other races. I was thinking kobolds could be even faction based too maybe even add a special race for each faction. For exsample AO with kobolds being dragonkin's and if you get a sorcerer reddragon disciple kobold you can even get the wings on the model from my tests.

Some other idea were fey for TC like pixys or dryads. Illithids for MA, or some other magical cretures. Maybe a planar type for NC.

I dunno just shooting some ideas around I know leto can add these to the character files. I think most support shown weapons exspet trolls a few others. With all the dyes and things I dont think seeing visable armor is a problem. I dunno, comments?

Yonwe
Glorious Leader

Post by Yonwe »

Well, the subraces as they exist are as verbatim as possible copied from the existing PnP precedents... and to be blunt, Kobolds simply aren't good enough to be added in as a truly playable race. Their racial mods are -4 STR, +2 DEX, -2 CON, Small Size like a Halfling, Light Sensitivity like Drow, and +2 to Craft/Search... if you want to play a HORRIBLE Elf, I suppose I wouldn't stop you, but, we'd spare you the temptation if nothing else :?
~DM Yonwe
Lolth - Goddess of the Drow
Velsharoon - God of Undeath

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

Not to make more work but more races good or bad would be cool. I have seen a list for PnP races and the variety is endless. I would love to see the Illithid with the ECL-8. Just another 2 cents.

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

I would love to see additional races. ECL 8? That would be interesting. I would do it :D
Power is not given. It is taken.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]
Ya ya ya I know... stop whining, complaining, and learn to build better.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Gornickthy wrote:I would love to see additional races. ECL 8? That would be interesting. I would do it :D

for ever and ever and ever and...
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

Yonwe wrote:Well, the subraces as they exist are as verbatim as possible copied from the existing PnP precedents... and to be blunt, Kobolds simply aren't good enough to be added in as a truly playable race. Their racial mods are -4 STR, +2 DEX, -2 CON, Small Size like a Halfling, Light Sensitivity like Drow, and +2 to Craft/Search... if you want to play a HORRIBLE Elf, I suppose I wouldn't stop you, but, we'd spare you the temptation if nothing else :?

but that would make it so much more satisfying when your enemies get beat down by a lowly kobold!! :P

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

you would have to kill tree smasher to gain xp at lvl 3 that would be pointless

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

do not underestimate the cheapness of the munchkin power levellers.

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

mgrjebbo wrote:you would have to kill tree smasher to gain xp at lvl 3 that would be pointless

I can see it now: "LvL 3 lfp on giant mountain" :lol:
Power is not given. It is taken.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]
Ya ya ya I know... stop whining, complaining, and learn to build better.

Dynmi
Newbie Helper

Post by Dynmi »

Be a shifter and take feats that will help kobald form. Thats as close as you're gonna get methinks.
The Silver Striders

Core
Looking for group

Post by Core »

Ya i know someone who focused for kobold, he's in love with those little guys. Part of what prompted this post, he's been playing kobold in paper and pencil games and wont stop talking about them. He likes his shifter kobold on NS 4 also needless to say.

Besides that, i was just hopeing that since leto is being used now anyway if they might add in different forms. I dunno, troll or minotar for fun, even if the stats for the other races aren't great. I really like the subraces as they are now, they have been improved so much from beta days. Just wondering if maybe a few more might be in the works.

They don't have to be faction based, i was tring to sum up a conversation with my friend who's got the kobold fetish's :shock: I suppose all factions should be able to get them if they decided to add them. Just figured each faction might get a little bonus race, even if it's not the most powerful it would be fun.

Daedalus
Looking for group

Post by Daedalus »

On a previous server i used to play on the subraces were what we are talking about. It was terribly fun playing a construct or a vampyre (with vamp regen fists). They also got the skins as well which added some fun lol.
Do not see madness as a curse,
More of a bitter mercy.

But a mercy none-the-less.
- Sheogorath, Morrowind

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

It shouldn't matter how much a race sucks. Personally, I would like a chance to play different races for variety, I mean there are a huge number of races according to the 3.5 index that would bring more flavor to the server.
I was looking at some of them and most don't seem to out of whack to be brought in. I understand this would mean alot more work for the Devs and DM's and I am not saying I want this now, just food for thought later.
What I would really like to see is an alternate place to level to FD and Zons.
Zons because there is something there that seriously doesn't like my comp(not to mention a few other peoples comps) and FD...well because there is only FD(that or bring back some of the pre-wipe maps of FD in addition to the existing maps).

watchwood
Newbie Helper

Post by watchwood »

I'd play some crap races, just for the novelty. And it'd be an interested challenge to get a kobold to 40.
The DuFresne Family of Malencia
DrunkenGamers.net

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

What about having subraces with penalties, but negative ECL's? Easier levelling
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”