Bard subrace favored class

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Post by T. Rick Of The Light »

I like Flailers idea. I hope he gets the greenlight to implement it!

On the other hand, I don't mind bards being "underutilized". Why? See below*.

As for players being encouraged to make bards, I know of one player who was encouraged to make one, lol.

*Bards Rock!

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

those posts by flailer were made ages ago and before he was a dev.....so if they aren't in by now they probably aren't going in.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Lorkar1

Post by Lorkar1 »

I used this thread to bring it up so as not to have multiple threads on the same topic. Saying if isn't in its not going in, hopefully is premature. I would like to think it has been pushed down the list in order to do other things that will have a greater impact and not removed from the list. How easy would it be to assign half-elf a favored class? That seems like the simplest solution. A race with no favored class and a class with no favored race. Sounds like a match made in heaven. And the balance remains intact on the server.

Sparky
Dungeon Master

Post by Sparky »

One of the Half Elves few selling points actually have is the fact that any class they take is a favored class. While your idea is quite reasonable from a roleplaying perspective, I think it would only serve to make Half Elves an even less popular choice among players.

However, adding a new race with favoritism towards Bard isn't a horrible idea, although an ELC of 8 is probably too extreme to be implemented.
Serving NS4 proper as Lathander and Sleeth as Bahamut.

Yes, I'm a DM, but your build still sucks.

T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Post by T. Rick Of The Light »

You might be surprised Sparky. Numerous players are used to giving up xp in return for unique features.

Let me have an ecl 8 and I can take over the world!

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

it makes no difference to me whether its ecl +8 or +0.
i use whichever race is best suited.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”