TC Relic cradle area

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
CrazyJ
Relic Raider

TC Relic cradle area

Post by CrazyJ »

Can the torches please be removed? As the area is set up now, it's impossible for a dragon to move around inside to defend our relic cradle.

This is the *only* relic cradle area that is not dragon-navigable, and it's also the one most likely to be defended by dragon PCs.

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

Obviously, you have never tried to defend the AO cradle. Those little gates were not ment for the gigantic rear end of a dragon. I also had a problem while raiding NS in Dragon Form. The cradle is easy enough to navigate around but once you get the relic you have to un-shift to get through the doorway before leaving the relic cradle room. I am sure it is the same for NC, MA and perhaps RK (never actually raided there).

MLoki

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Yeah, doors are a "big" issue, but you can at least navigate the other relic areas up to the doors as a dragon.

Forgot about the AO gates around the relic area. That could use some revision too, then.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

aye yes, the AO cradel area can become quite constipated at times, i managed to get myself stuck last nite....as far as DShape goes with doorways, not only would someone have trouble walking their dragon out of LA, but NC, MA, and RK have similar doorways..... it doesnt bother me tho, i dont use dragonshape ---yet :wink:
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

The guy with a picture of Bowser doesn't use dragonshape?

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

you can rather easily promote a leather crafter with 5 more levels and a +4 book.
mmm. level 24 Dragonshape (with dragon knight).

Kirg
Newbie Helper

Post by Kirg »

On a related issue. The TC cradle is the least defended one of Aetheria. It really needs some boost. Place a Forest Dragon there ie. Or more druids; those nasty stoneholder.

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Mostly because the city defenders are spread all over and are pretty easy to avoid...

T. Rick Of The Light
Noob

Post by T. Rick Of The Light »

TC's relic cradle cave aught to be modified. It's way too easy to run into and out of at the moment. Melencia is far and away the most defenseless city in all of Aetheria in terms of ease of penetration, attack, and withdrawl.

TC's relic cave should've been made up of about 3 area's of increasing difficulty. The NPC defenders being made to reflect TC's new expanded class capabilities. The cradle area should be at the end of a long bridge with AA's on both sides forcing raiders to run a gauntlet going in and coming out.

As it stands, with Melencia being centrally located and in the worst of strategic positions, it doesn't cost raiders much in terms of time, energy,or money spent.

Having said all the above I'd like to once again thank our Dev team for all the hard work that they've done. I know you guys don't get paid and it must be a labor of love.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Um....no? I do agree, Melencia is small but not the easiest to defend. Their guards are [b]Killers[/u] with Stonehold and the Earth Golems. Not only that, in terms of relic, they are the easiest place to find your diviner as far as I know. Last Alliance is actually in the worst strategetic position, with no allies and insanely close to a neutral bind point (Avendell) where enemies can keep spawning. You can also sail a boat right into the city, Melencia is landlocked. Its kinda easy to get lost in the forest on the way to Melencia as well.

Deal with your relic cradle's position. Although I do agree, it could use some positive adjustments but we're all in the same boat. Ragnar's Kins previous HQ Fort has been turned into a small building. Personally I miss the bridge to the Cradle.

watchwood
Newbie Helper

Post by watchwood »

Easy to get lost there? It's one long bloody road, running from Sleeth to Avendell. Not that hard to navigate. Anyone who gets lost there deserves to be lost. It doesn't exactly help that we're right between AO and LA, who are currently dominating the relic game.
The DuFresne Family of Malencia
DrunkenGamers.net

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Their guards are [b]Killers[/u] with Stonehold

Only if you wait the half-turn or so it takes for them to finish buffing before they do anything...

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

The golems don't buff do they?

And the road starts to disappear once it gets more into the nature setting.

Zing
Developer

Post by Zing »

Seeing as I am yet to see TC do anything that could be remotely described as a consious and organised team effort at grabbing all of the relics I don't think you deserve better defenses - and yes the stonehold your guards have is very nasty to the unprepared.

However I would be willing to give the wolf man a digerydoo and some bongos. He can scare raiders away with that awful hippy music then.
Talos - God of Rebellion.

...zing broke you didnt he...ITS ZINGS EVIL THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS DAY....
-mgrjebbo

Mr. O'Dearly
Developer

Post by Mr. O'Dearly »

also not that the cradle room has a total of FOUR guards...

about raiding more... ummmm... im getting to that, just need to pack on a few more lvls...

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”