Godlings

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
watchwood
Newbie Helper

Godlings

Post by watchwood »

I think we all know how busy the gods are, and that they tend to remain aloof from the affiars of mortals. This is fair, since the gods have a lot of important work to do, much more important then raising me over and over again ;) . On th other hand, it would be nice to have a greater involvement from the divine powers, for both practical and RP reasons. Imagine this: I die. I pray to my goddess (Mielikki). She's busy doing important things, but does notice my prayers, and since she likes me the last time I checked, she send one of her spirits to aid me, and berate me for a while. This would also allow help for players who can't play on the normal hours where you see gods on. Thoughts?
The DuFresne Family of Malencia
DrunkenGamers.net

the_binary_soul
Pk Bait

Post by the_binary_soul »

I don't know. It seems like the gods are fairly involved, I mean just today there was a free-for-all in ave, yesterday my party was raised by Mel.

I think by having people running around raising everyone who prays you will run into people depending on the gods raises to much. Not to mention people will feel that there are favourites and be angry and such.

$chase$
Dearly Departed

Post by $chase$ »

i m not for this idea at all..i know for a fact we have good coverage at the current time. BUT maybe we DONT want to answer your call?

we answer the calls we feal like . were not a rezz factory
Auril - God Of Trickery
good thing im the DM then.............................lol

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

Things work pretty well from what I've seen. However, about the only interventions I normally do see from gods, aside from occasionally Auril (and not very much of him since the set), are when people are dead.

Why do I always miss "events" like a FFA in Ave? darnit...

Alain
Dungeon Master

Post by Alain »

Just raid Daeron while Im on, and youll get all the "events" you want :twisted:
Torm - God of Loyalty and Duty

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

The gods are on, they are listening, they are invovled. Of the last 6 times (various) I've been able to play, the gods were doing things with the players (besides server resets) for 5 of those. They are there, listening, but that does not guarantee an answer.

Programatically, not sure how the spirit thing would work. Maybe they could read the "prayer log" and pop you a blessing if they felt you deserved it next time they come on. :D

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

i think ppl are praying too much for rez's and not enough for just good old fashioned "its my god and i should just praty" reasons. about the only time i hear anything is when a party gets gutsy and then wiped out..then its all like "oh hear my pleas and rescue me so i don't have to take a respawn penalty". suck it up...
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

watchwood
Newbie Helper

Post by watchwood »

That's my point DD. Most of the involvement I see with the gods is resets and raises. It'd be nice if we had something more.
The DuFresne Family of Malencia
DrunkenGamers.net

the_binary_soul
Pk Bait

Post by the_binary_soul »

but I thought the entire point you were trying to make is that you wanted people with god like powers to run around raising people on request. the gods may not have day to day involvement, which is good because well... they're gods ( in the game anyways :D ). I have seen gods come to their cities to grant gifts or give quests, I've seen the occasionaly god around unfriendly cities. forgive me if I am wrong but our dear god of trickery seems well known for testing players.

My point is that if you are around enough to do see the gods having a fair bit of involvement, but you have to remeber these people put already a lot of time into the server

CrazyJ
Relic Raider

Post by CrazyJ »

50-60 of them total. Praise Auril, levelling with gargs was much faster than usual!

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”