races from nwnprc

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
minielvis
Looking for group

races from nwnprc

Post by minielvis »

i took a trip over to Player Resource Consortium website, and i noticed that the subraces we enjoy here on NS4 are all listed there, among others.

i noticed a subrace that would be perfect for RK. deep halfings! according to the description, that race of halfings would fit right in with the storyline of Aetheria, and Ragnar's Kin.

we at RK have dwarves and gnomes, and thats it. dont get me wrong , we are extremely grateful for the addition of gnomes! thankee very much for that, but i think the addition of deep halfings would help to bring more players to RK. that's what i am shooting for , eh?

Sparky
Dungeon Master

Post by Sparky »

I'm too lazy to go look it up, give us the gist of the race. IE stats/lore/ect..

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Dwarf racial feats, usual Hin stats.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

As the expert of all Halflings ( :) ), I believe I will answer that question. Here, I copied it out from the site.
    :: Deep Halflings ::

Deep halflings are shorter, stockier versions of their lightfoot cousins. The are miners by trade and take pleasure in gems and fine masonry. They rarely mix with humans or elves, but enjoy the company of dwarves, with whom they share much in common. Deep halflings stand a little less than half as high as humans, and have stocky builds with ruddy skin, black hair and dark eyes.

Deep Halfling Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, -2 Str.
    Favored Class (Rogue): A multiclass deep halfling's rogue class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.

Special Abilities:

- Small Stature:
    +1 size bonus to attack rolls.
    +1 size bonus to AC.
    +4 size bonus to Hide checks.
    - Darkvision: Deep halflings are able to see in the dark.
    - Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas.
    - Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
    - Skill Affinity (Craft): +2 racial bonus to Craft Armor and Craft Weapon checks.
    - Skill Affinity (Appraise): +2 racial bonus to Appraise checks.
    - Lucky: +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.
    - Fearless: +2 morale bonus to saving throws against spells and effects of the 'Fear' subtype.
    - Good Aim: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls made with throwing weapons.
    - Halfling: Deep Halflings are considered Halflings for the purpose of spells.

Special: Halflings are small creatures and as such they can never use the following Large weapons: [censored] sword, dire mace, two-bladed sword, double axe, greataxe, greatsword, halberd, heavy flail, quarterstaff, scythe and spear.
    Racial feats:
    Skill Affinity (Listen)
    Lucky
    Fearless
    Good Aim
    Small Stature
    Halfling
    Stonecunning
    Darkvision
    Skill Affinity (Craft Armor)
    Skill Affinity (Craft Weapon)
    Skill Affinity (Appraise)
      I'd LOVE Halflings in RK.

ihuntudown
      Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

looking to those stats it looks more like a breed between a helfling and dwarf... a half-dwarf :lol:
      They prolly stink and drink beer aswell :roll:
      But a nice timing for throwing them in

blay
      Noob

Post by blay »

I wouldn't mind seeing this addition either.

Merrip
      Newbie Helper

Post by Merrip »

I downloaded the new classes and whatever from the consortium and it completely F%^%$# my game I had to completly wipe it for it to work properly.

Lokey
      -2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Funny that, I've had various versions installed for years without a problem. Eldritch Knight, why are you so cheesy (full BAB, good saves, caster levels)?
      Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

minielvis
      Looking for group

Post by minielvis »

Dreadful that you had to wipe after downloading from the nwnprc website, Merrip, but I found the website to be awfully entertaining.

The build options will be endless, if the dev staff of NS4 continue to bring in races and such from websites such as these.

minielvis
      Looking for group

Post by minielvis »

bump.

I just wanted to know if this suggestion was given any thought.

Another race in RK would be very greatly appreciated. &)

DeputyDog
      Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

maybe orcs and ogres lol?
      DeputyDog
      Founder
      Neversummer
      gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Nemesis Revised
      Newbie Helper

Post by Nemesis Revised »

i think while most factions aside from LA and AO are alignment-dependent, RK must be the only faction that is racial-dependent meaning you can only play there if its a dwarf or a gnome. i suppose it goes with the story-line anyway.

on the other hand, some factions are more class-dependent such as TC.
      1%useful posts, 99% spaM

Elagneros
      How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

RK is fine the way it is. Its unique PrC is only open to dwarves anyway, so why open it to other races? Non-dwarves can't benefit from the unique PrC.
      Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
      Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

minielvis
      Looking for group

Post by minielvis »

I will take that as a "no".

Thanks for your time.

P. Fricebottle
      Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Elagneros wrote:RK is fine the way it is. Its unique PrC is only open to dwarves anyway, so why open it to other races? Non-dwarves can't benefit from the unique PrC.

I see your point, but disagree. RK has very little race choices. The races are all the same. I'm not asking for halflins (but that would be nice :o ), but just something else. Look at our avaliable races.

Gold Dwarf - Favorced Class: Fighter
      Shield Dwarf - Favored Class: Fighter
      Duergar - Favored Class: Fighter

Rock Gnome - Favored Class: Wizard
      Deep Gnome - Favored Class: Wizard

Boy ain't that exciting! Wizards and fighters. I know favored class isn't much, but thats all we got. Dwarves and gnomes, which are both meant for one class at the moment. Sure you can get somethin' else with the Gold Dwarf like a pally or bard, but still its all fighter based. Heres one from the Consortium place for NWN that would be interesting, a ranger dwarf. Thats a a first eh?

Arctic Dwarf

Description:Native from mountains at the heart of the great glacier and other northerly regions, artic dwarves are little known to the outside world. Unlike other dwarves, artic dwarves have little interest in mining or crafts, instead devoting themselves to hunting, raising children and leisure. Traditional dwarven strictures, such as those imposed by family and clan hold little weight in artic dwarf society. Artic Dwarves are squat and hardy, with blocky bodies, pinched faces and
      stubby legs. They rarely exceed 3 feet in height and are nearly as broad as they are tall. They eyes are bright blue and their skin white, almost bluish.

Arctic Dwarven Ability Adjustments: +4 Str, +2 Con, -2 Cha, -2 Dex.
      Favored Class (Ranger): A multiclass arctic dwarf's ranger class does not count when determining whether he suffers an XP penalty for multiclassing.

Special Abilities:

- Stonecunning: +2 racial bonus on Search checks made in subterranean areas.

- Darkvision: Dwarves are able to see in the dark.

- Hardiness vs. Poisons: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poisons.

- Hardiness vs. Spells: +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells.

- Offensive Training vs. Orcs: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs.

- Offensive Training vs. Goblinoids: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against goblinoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).

- Defensive Training vs. Giants: +4 dodge bonus to AC against giants.

- Skill Affinity (Lore): +2 racial bonus to Lore checks.

- Skill Affinity (Craft): +2 racial bonus to Craft Armor and Craft Weapon checks.

- Skill Affinity (Appraise): +2 racial bonus to Appraise checks.

- Immunity to Cold: Arctic Dwarves are immunity to the effects of cold and cold-based spells. <---Obviously a little too much, making them immunte to Frostdale and all. Ya could just change it to 5/- (that damage resistance feat) Cold Resist, and have it progress a little to the epic damage resistance feat at level 20 or 25 or so.

- Dwarven: Arctic Dwarves count as Dwarves for the purpose of spells.

Racial feats:
      Darkvision
      Stonecunning
      Hardiness vs. Poisons
      Hardiness vs. Spells
      Battle Training vs. Orcs
      Battle Training vs. Goblins
      Battle Training vs. Giants
      Skill Affinity (Lore)
      Dwarven
      Immunity to Cold (already talked about that)

ECL: 2

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”