Relic Ideas

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Relic Ideas

Post by JesterOI »

There are allied factions... So...
If an allies relic is at home and so is yours, let it count as if you have 2 relics.
Also let allied relics to count as if you had them as well. So if drow have 3 relics and mystral have 3 relics, it counts as though both have 6 relics total.
However unless you or your ally have your own factions relic, you don't get the bonus even if your ally has 3 or 4 relics.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Nemesis Revised
Newbie Helper

Post by Nemesis Revised »

i like the idea of this summing up thing. its better than giving allied factions a portion of the relic bonus. and relics could be more displaced for example 3 relics at TC and 4 relics at NC. makes it tougher to raid for relics and makes faction alliances defense a more interactive player experience

lordvan52681
Wiki Editor

Post by lordvan52681 »

I like this idea, but only if allies must have both to get anything.

For example, if SL has the MA relic, but not their own, then they must get the SL relic for either to get anything.

Nemesis Revised
Newbie Helper

yep. and this allows allied factions to negotiate for their relics as well. for example RK has AO relic. Ao will have to retrieve their relic from RK in order to gain that bonus

Draco Nightspawn
Pk Bait

Post by Draco Nightspawn »

And what about NS with no Allies?

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Yeah, on one hand, I don't have a problem with allies sharing the bonus to some extent, however, once again LA gets burned. Then again too, given that we are one of the major relic powers on the server, it doesn't matter much atm.

Another thing that has been brought up in the past is the factions relic always being one of the first ones stolen. People have suggested that the faction's own relic should be the last snatched from the cradle. Has this idea been rejected? I think it might give some incentive for faction to get more involved with relics if their own isn't the first one to be nabbed most of the time.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Nemesis Revised
Newbie Helper

i think first relic to be stolen should always be home relic.

then second and other relics should be random. this gives the faction being raided a chance not to be instantly paralyzed on the second relic to be stolen.

Go'f

Post by Go'f »

Nemesis Revised wrote:i think first relic to be stolen should always be home relic.

then second and other relics should be random. this gives the faction being raided a chance not to be instantly paralyzed on the second relic to be stolen.

Agreed with present system its all out war or nothing.

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

As cool as I think allied bonuses would be, it would defeat the point of the relic system.

seriouslynow
Pk Bait

Post by seriouslynow »

PeregrineV wrote:As cool as I think allied bonuses would be, it would defeat the point of the relic system.

Allied bonuses seem like the sort of thing to better support the alliances setup by the world builders, the ones they originally intended. They would help these alliances actually function more like real alliances by giving them a common cause. Not one that's just written in the mod description. Those alliances are then the mechanism for greater power of your faction thru your increased ability to get the relics.

So I don't understand the second part of your post, can you elaborate on why it would defeat the purpose?

Ragefist
Looking for group

Post by Ragefist »

LA doesn't get "burned." You have more characters, ergo equality with the factions that have fewer, but an ally. Merely repeating a thing doesn't make it true, I know, but I've never waded through so many people as when raiding in LA, so I'm gonna have to go with the supposition that you guys are doing aight in terms of player base there.

The only problem I might see is that an allied faction might have contributed nothing to the raiding of the relics and yet still gain the bonus. I for one would have no problem with this, but it could be a bone of contention for other less generous people.

I kind of wish allied relics wouldn't fit in their ally's relic holder, since I consider the stealing of an ally's relic cheesy, but that's a limit on freedom to be a jackanapes, and far be it from me to limit that inhnerent human right :).

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”