Drow's SR and ECL

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Oltho
Noob

Post by Oltho »

lordvan52681 wrote:no SR's stack. The highest one always wins. That includes item based SR, Spell SR, Monk SR, all of it.

Thanks Van & thanks to the guys who do put the work into this server. You do a good job. :wink:
<FoN>Karma~Lightcaster~
Karma~Gnarl~

Want to spice up your NWN? Check out the links posted here:
http://www.nsrealm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=33264#33264

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

actually...i'm pretty sure the SR feats stack with any SR you currently have, as in it should stack with drow because i know it stacks with monk. it works off natural so 32 shouldn't be set in stone if you use those feats.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

lol, Zing you're awesome. I'm still waiting for my big stick :)

lordvan52681
Wiki Editor

Post by lordvan52681 »

DD1 Might be right, i didnt read your question right. I meant that the spell wont stack with drow, wont stack with monk. I have no idea if the feats will stack with drow SR or not.

Milkman99
Noob

Post by Milkman99 »

lol Zing ill date your sister - as long as her face dont look like yours at the end of your animation there LMAO

Sightbringer
Noob

Post by Sightbringer »

Zing wrote:Please accept my apologies for TGPO's post Sightbringer!

Please send me your very own personal wish-list the specific changes you would like me to start coding and I shall make it so immediately.

While I'm doing it how about you date my sister?

Now you take it to the other extreme, Zing. My original post wasn't negative. I was just trying to figure out what makes the drow SR issue so difficult to figure out and we still don't have any answers. The time spent writing a smart-ass response could probably be better spent simply explaining the problem.

I didn't ask for "every little issue" to be explained, just this particular one. If the appropriate answer is "I don't know", then why can't we just hear that instead of the same demeaning crap we constantly hear?

Zing
Developer

Post by Zing »

Shall I tell her it's a no?
Talos - God of Rebellion.

...zing broke you didnt he...ITS ZINGS EVIL THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS DAY....
-mgrjebbo

Metis
Dungeon Master

Post by Metis »

Because it was answered.

TGPO wrote:The SR cap of 32 is a toolset limitation, blame bioware not us. The ECL used is the same one referanced just about everywhere when using drow as a subrace.

That being said, just because we have a toolset limitation to SR does not actually make it a hard ceiling. There are ways that the devs can scoot around it. They havent yet simply because there is more than enough on the dev list to last another year or more.
"Wheresoever you go,
go with all your heart." - Confucius

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Sightbringer wrote:
Zing wrote:Please accept my apologies for TGPO's post Sightbringer!

Please send me your very own personal wish-list the specific changes you would like me to start coding and I shall make it so immediately.

While I'm doing it how about you date my sister?

Now you take it to the other extreme, Zing. My original post wasn't negative. I was just trying to figure out what makes the drow SR issue so difficult to figure out and we still don't have any answers. The time spent writing a smart-ass response could probably be better spent simply explaining the problem.

I didn't ask for "every little issue" to be explained, just this particular one. If the appropriate answer is "I don't know", then why can't we just hear that instead of the same demeaning crap we constantly hear?

SR item property: value is taken from a number in the tlk file (I look like Zing's avatar when I try to think of a reason why). To add different numbers requires a client tlk and hak (not possible--opens up an easy and well known crashbug that can't be fixed, as well as ways to cheat that can only be caught by a horrendous amount of code).

SR script function:
As supernatural effect: Can't be lowered by EffectDecreaseSpellResist(), same as with monk.
As extraordinary effect: Forget how it's bugged...
As magical: rewrite spell breach code.

What's in is what was written by Joran and me for a 20 level max. There's numerous reason to rip apart the subrace and spell systems, that will happen eventually. Piece-meal fixes and keeping track of them has resulted in many casualties to the dev team and you can't afford any more.

PS: I'll take an explanation for every little thing and a date with your sister, Zing.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Core
Looking for group

Post by Core »

I thought darkness was the reason most people took drow. Look an assassin drow can walk up to a monster who can not see him, stand 5 feet away from it and death attack. A fighter drow can use the consealment to his advantage and fight much harder creatures. Best is a rogue drow and those who have tried it will agree standing right next to a monster and sneaking non-stop solo is a great reason to be a drow.

Spell resist is just a perk, the only spell resist armor I have found so far is a 12 SR which is reather weak. If you really want spell resistance and nothing else make a human cleric, or monk. You'll level alot faster and have much more spell resistance. Plus you can multiclass and not have ecl 3 and -20% exp. Just my 2 cents

Ragefist
Looking for group

Post by Ragefist »

Ah, true, I missed the neg 2 con because it was on the next line of text, hidden by the three other +2's . . . .

Also, I've never seen the light sensitivity work, but maybe nowhere in NS4 is brightly lit enough for it to be an issue. Since that's the case, I'd argue that it become an ECL 4 ;).

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

* (the -2 con and +2 dex are due to the base race being Elf).

I didn't find my drow THAT much harder to level than other toons, since the ECL3 is not the normal type of ecl3 (1/3rd xp) but rather player level is considered +3 higher than it is when deciding xp awards.

I only dual-classed my drow, and the second class was a PRC so no extra penalties there, but no bonuses either by taking no cleric levels ;(
ImageImage

Oltho
Noob

Post by Oltho »

Ragefist wrote:Ah, true, I missed the neg 2 con because it was on the next line of text, hidden by the three other +2's . . . .

Also, I've never seen the light sensitivity work, but maybe nowhere in NS4 is brightly lit enough for it to be an issue. Since that's the case, I'd argue that it become an ECL 4 ;).

Cover those tracks.

Core wrote:
Spell resist is just a perk, the only spell resist armor I have found so far is a 12 SR which is reather weak. If you really want spell resistance and nothing else make a human cleric, or monk. You'll level alot faster and have much more spell resistance. Plus you can multiclass and not have ecl 3 and -20% exp. Just my 2 cents

Yeah I already said this. The Darkness is definitely beneficial, but I think what hurt me is just being new to server & not fully understanding the subrace system here.

Lokey, I'm sure Sight will be along shortly to thank you for the explaination. To those getting snippy with me, stop now. You licking the devs & dm's tails by attacking me for no justifiable reason is sickening, I have done nothing to create a problem here & if you have a problem with some putting ideas & suggestions in a board called Ideas & Suggestions I extend to you the invitation to not look in here.
<FoN>Karma~Lightcaster~
Karma~Gnarl~

Want to spice up your NWN? Check out the links posted here:
http://www.nsrealm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=33264#33264

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”