Spell bug

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Spell bug

Post by PeregrineV »

Since I can't seem to log into the bugtracker (forgot ID & password), I'll post this here.
Shadow Shield the level 7 wiz spell is supposed to last 1 turn/level. It is effectively lasting for 1 round/level. Any fixes would be appreciated.

Thanks for the module! I enjoy playing it, even the aspects others may not like.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Have you ever heard of the word "nerf"? DMs have nerfed some spells to last shorter, and a few rare others to last longer. I'm sure this spell is one of them.

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

easy killer, dont lay the workings of the dementia from the Devs of my feet :P .
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

in effect.....all durations were toned down as it was decided a high lvl mage running around all day with the same buffs going was not "realistic". like a lvl 35 mage running around doing lvl 5 adventuring is "realistic". pretty much most things only last 1 round/lvl or 1 round/2 lvls or so....you get used to it and extend spell will be your friend.

IcemanXV
Newbie Helper

Post by IcemanXV »

I think alot has to do with those buffs that grant immunities. Constant death, negative energy, etc immunity is not fun. A Mage battle ensues, the 2nd mage uses all his/her dispels, but fails to swipe shadow shield. At least there's still strategy in outlasting the first mage until the shield wears off then give finger of death or wail a try.

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

wail is for the inexperiences and to kill noobs for fun... :)

with that aside, yes extend is your best friend. it will make your buffs more effective, in the way that they will not wear out half way through the battle :) unless u get morded...
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

KST_HAVOK
Wheres the donation box?

Post by KST_HAVOK »

IcemanXV wrote:I think alot has to do with those buffs that grant immunities. Constant death, negative energy, etc immunity is not fun. A Mage battle ensues, the 2nd mage uses all his/her dispels, but fails to swipe shadow shield. At least there's still strategy in outlasting the first mage until the shield wears off then give finger of death or wail a try.

9 out of 10 times a mage battle could be won with 5 spells

mort , bigsbies , morts , Max IGMS , Max IGMS

Game over eh ?

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

KST_HAVOK wrote:
IcemanXV wrote:I think alot has to do with those buffs that grant immunities. Constant death, negative energy, etc immunity is not fun. A Mage battle ensues, the 2nd mage uses all his/her dispels, but fails to swipe shadow shield. At least there's still strategy in outlasting the first mage until the shield wears off then give finger of death or wail a try.

9 out of 10 times a mage battle could be won with 5 spells

mort , bigsbies , morts , Max IGMS , Max IGMS

Game over eh ?

Doesn't morts dispell bigby?? ;] it swear it did on NS3.5 anyway, maybe just the white tritons..

As for wail, yeah.. if you've got a pile of Spellcraft points, and focus in necro, the chance of wailing a wizard drops quite a bit, i'd think...
ImageImage

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

Noticed circle vs evil/good ends fast, but realy fast, sometimes it last like it should and sometimes it's gone (realy gone) in 2secs, i even tried to extend the spell but with same effects...

Epistaxis
Looking for group

Post by Epistaxis »

ihuntudown wrote:Noticed circle vs evil/good ends fast, but realy fast, sometimes it last like it should and sometimes it's gone (realy gone) in 2secs, i even tried to extend the spell but with same effects...

I think there is a bug that sometimes prevent the circel of protection to be shown when you exit an area even though it is still active.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”