Amazons

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
P. Fricebottle
Addict

Amazons

Post by P. Fricebottle »

As we all know, Amazons is the highest level area that has been put in so far. However, I think it needs some improvement. Zacho, Plankton, flats the flounder, Squidward, Zami II, Serena v2, and me owned the entire city in little time. We could have done it in under 30 minutes if it was not for lag, but with such a big group, it was inevitable
Now, I think Frostdale is done with a big package of 5 ice bosses, the Icy Crypts, the Unkown Evil, and its surrounding landscape. Amazons, however, is too small. Boss-wise its fine, but the City has 3 bosses in it and 1 in each of its buildings. I think we need more areas here, possibly open up the barracks buildings that are locked and lying around.
But a nice place to put another area would be in the Amazon Canyon, on the right side of the map as soon as you enter there's a cavern-looking entrance behind a waterfall. If the DMs could put an area transition in there, they could lead it underground. Through a system of crude caverns, it could lead to under the Amazon City. And under the city lies the souls of dead warriors and legends. And as you progress you run into the past queens of the Amazons, from the most recent deceased to the first. Have these undead Amazons with a higher cr than live ones.
    On a side note, I think all the Amazons need a little increase in cr. A lot of the Amazons have the same cr as the Ice Giants, which are incredibly easier. Ciao :mrgreen: .

Death Dealer1
    PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

what were the lvls in the group? also, did you realize the epic 'zons was for a group of maybe 3 or so high 20's low 30's chars? to get into the lots of lvl 30's groups it will have to be in the expanded ns realms like elementals and such.....sometime or another it gets in.

Celorn
    Relic Raider

Re: Amazons

Post by Celorn »

P. Fricebottle wrote:As we all know, Amazons is the highest level area that has been put in so far. However, I think it needs some improvement. Zacho, Plankton, flats the flounder, Squidward, Zami II, Serena v2, and me owned the entire city in little time. We could have done it in under 30 minutes if it was not for lag, but with such a big group, it was inevitable

Hmm.. I have 3 or 4 epic toons that pwn Amazons solo ;P, although, not sure if I could do it in under 30 minutes.

Now, I think Frostdale is done with a big package of 5 ice bosses, the Icy Crypts, the Unkown Evil, and its surrounding landscape. Amazons, however, is too small. Boss-wise its fine, but the City has 3 bosses in it and 1 in each of its buildings.

Umm.. technically/actually there are 6 bosses in Amazon City...
    1.the Queen
    2.the Champion (much harder than the queen btw)
    3.the Princess
    4.the Slave Master
    5.the Ghost
    6.the Ritualist

For most of my toons, the princess is the trickiest due to the small space.

I think we need more areas here, possibly open up the barracks buildings that are locked and lying around. But a nice place to put another area would be in the Amazon Canyon, on the right side of the map as soon as you enter there's a cavern-looking entrance behind a waterfall. If the DMs could put an area transition in there, they could lead it underground. Through a system of crude caverns, it could lead to under the Amazon City. And under the city lies the souls of dead warriors and legends. And as you progress you run into the past queens of the Amazons, from the most recent deceased to the first. Have these undead Amazons with a higher cr than live ones.

Here, I tend to agree a lot.... The FD caverns are very interwoven and interesting, where Amazons is just a straight line... also I'd like to see on the Aetheria map exactly where this very slowly rising mountain slope actually is! It would be cool if it had some underground cave entrances and left/right side exits that tie into the world better...

On a side note, I think all the Amazons need a little increase in cr. A lot of the Amazons have the same cr as the Ice Giants, which are incredibly easier. Ciao :mrgreen: .

actually the CR was lowered, and a few people did benefit when it was higher by getting in some extra lvls... I'd like to see the CRs raised by 1 or 2 as well.. even at lvl32 you only get 100xp for the highest mob (lanceresses) with the bosses only being decent.

At the same time, rather than making ANY more changes to 'zons, I'd like to see the rest of the world fleshed-out... Like the elemental planes or whatever 'top level' areas are going in -- perhaps these lvl30-40 areas should go onto a separate server (IE: Revive the CLUSTER!) And maybe first run a copied vault to let let some willing closed-beta testers lvlup their existing characters on it to test out the balance?

I do kind of like the current difficulty, if not impossibility of getting to lvl40, everything is gonna change when people can make lvl40 in a decent time- lots and lots of CHEESE builds will appear that people can find on the net - I'm undecided as if this is a good thing or bad....
    ImageImage

Death Dealer1
    PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

fleshyness would be first and foremost, amazons are good enough the way they are for now. seeing a way to get to lvl 40 without spending countless weeks killing amazons would be more worth seeing amazons get a boost. hey celor, the 'zons are supposed to be in water or on the mountain range, if you look at the map.

Elagneros
    How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Celorn wrote:I do kind of like the current difficulty, if not impossibility of getting to lvl40, everything is gonna change when people can make lvl40 in a decent time- lots and lots of CHEESE builds will appear that people can find on the net - I'm undecided as if this is a good thing or bad....

I'd say good, then we can start beating up on the occiasional cheesy bought level 40 toons that show up and pk people.
    Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
    Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

lordvan52681
    Wiki Editor

Post by lordvan52681 »

hear hear =P no more will the 40's be unbeatable =)

Celorn
    Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Elagneros wrote:
    Celorn wrote:I do kind of like the current difficulty, if not impossibility of getting to lvl40, ...good thing or bad....
    I'd say good, then we can start beating up on the occiasional cheesy bought level 40 toons that show up and pk people.

lordvan52681 wrote:hear hear =P no more will the 40's be unbeatable =)

Most of the bought lvl40's have been killed by lvl30-somethings, several times even that I have heard about in-game.

I wasn't talking about bought 40's, they are not really a problem for the most part. -- I was saying is once anyone can get to 40 with a decent build, the problem will be that people will be skillpoint-dumping on level 39 and 40 to make chessy 38/1/1 builds, or builds that are found on the net that actually work on NS4 (ie: 1 prestige class max) with a specific level progression that works out best.

Thankfully most of the 'uber builds' that are out there are NOT possible on NS4, nor are any builds that rely on Dev.Crit... so perhaps things will actually be decent whichever way the devs go on the whole anti-cheese or no anti-cheese blocking. But all of this is food for another thread...
    ImageImage

P. Fricebottle
    Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Well, the other ideas besides the Amazon Undergroud I just threw out there to see the reaction. I really want the DMs to consider putting in the Amazon Underground, and branching off other areas. Any DM out there that could say yes to this idea or no? :mrgreen:

Flailer
    -2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Well, the DMs probably couldn't give a rip. As a developer though (and, coincidentally the one who did the Amazons in the first place) the Amazon underground is right out. There's bigger fish to fry. :twisted:

Yeah, the area's linear and yeah, it could definately be expanded. But, there's better areas that can and will and are being expanded. So, take solace in that.

But, in all honesty, thanks for the suggestions.
    Flailer
    NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Kromix
    Addict

Post by Kromix »

bough 40s unbeatable? man!

my lvl 31 kills lvl 40s no prob... i havent gone with the scroll guy of hog lately, but all bought 40s my mage has come 1v1 with i win in no time... ask Alan Under... i havent PvP 1v1 Leworks bought either...

THere is a chance vs bought 40s

i'll come up with something esle...
    Last edited by Kromix on Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image Image
    TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Kromix
    Addict

Post by Kromix »

how about some PLanar areas?

we are getting into the low 30s the planars will help...

make a rift from amazon underground into the planar area... the Amazon god... or something... and on the cities have a huge boss... and have the god's avatar. make a quest to collect items to get to any 1 boss...

Daeron's Tyr, as an avatar, that drops paladin gear
    Menzo's Lolith avatar dropping cleric gear
    garagoth's Bane, dropping Mage and Rogue gear
    RK' gluppy :wink: , dropping fighter/barb gear
    melencia's hippie, dropping druid
    Sleeths dragon, dropping other gear i miss
    NS's god, dropping other gear i miss...

please help on this... this might help ideas for lvl 40 areas...

and the planar areas as quest area for getting the items to open a personal portal to any one boss... like the path to G1 in NS3
    Image Image
    TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Celorn
    Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

dude.. did you see my even more detailed brainstorm thread on that kind of thing?:
    http://www.nsrealm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3153.

Although looking at it now, It could generic-ize everyone like NS3 when everyone had the the full set of G1 gear, and the YDB, and now ins NS3.5 where everyone 'good' just has the full NS Gear set and a set of triton weapons on all their lvl40 toons.

I would REALLY like to see some kind of alchemy system, where you can imbue crafted armour and weapons with elemental damage or resistance (using the existing TRAP components that drop around the world)! That would really make things more varied and interesting...

But I'm glad to know there are bigger things coming! There are so many false exits around the world, it would be nice to have them all actually go somewhere one day...

Perhaps when the new areas are put in, all the rift portals will start working, they are all over the world, in hostile areas... so it shall be fun to explore and level all of our lvl30+ toons when the time comes.

Amazon underground: There IS some underground... the slave pits! ;] That's probably my favorite part of Amazons, cuz you have to pick a lock to get in, then you can use strategy to defeat everything - room by room.
    ImageImage

Elagneros
    How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Celorn wrote:dude.. did you see my even more detailed brainstorm thread on that kind of thing?:
    http://www.nsrealm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3153.

Although looking at it now, It could generic-ize everyone like NS3 when everyone had the the full set of G1 gear, and the YDB, and now ins NS3.5 where everyone 'good' just has the full NS Gear set and a set of triton weapons on all their lvl40 toons.

Yeah, I hope the devs got some great ideas from that thread, because there were some good ones floating around.
    Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
    Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”