Faction chat

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
imom411
Pk Bait

Faction chat

Post by imom411 »

I have an idea that could enhance the playability of NS4 and make it much more interesting. I kinda doubt it can be done, but here goes:

Create chat channels for factions. My main motivation for this would be that it would greatly increase faction cohesion, especially in city defense. For example, it would be a lot of fun to lock (not sure if this can be done) and trap the front gates of Neversummer City, but not if your co-citizens are rushing there to defend the city. If you could communicate with them to let them know, for example, to avoid the left half of the entrance transition, you might be very effective at catching invaders unawares.

I know there are a lot of knowledgeable programmers in this community who could probably answer this (most likely to shoot it down) in a second. Please do. My thought was to override one of the current channels, like the little-used whisper, or to create an entity that would consist of all the players who are members of the faction and allow you "tell" them all at once. Or maybe just a tag on character's name to let you know if they're of your faction.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Apply a falg to each player dependant on their faction, then just type /tp "Rangars" and that would send the tell to all the ppl with the "Ragnars" flag?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

imom411
Pk Bait

Post by imom411 »

If the flag idea could work, it would be great. I have no idea whether it's possible to create a "group" of PCs that's not actually grouped together.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Also, perhaps when the character joins a faction, have the name of the faction be pre-pended to the character description? Not sure if that's possible at that point in character handling. That way, you can bring up the character's description and find out what faction they're from - especially important if you're doing city raids.... :roll:

And, perhaps you might say that how could you look at someone from a distance and know that they're from a certain faction? Well, how can you look at someone from a distance and know that they're hostile...
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

imom411
Pk Bait

Post by imom411 »

If this were really factional warfare, you might be able to tell who's from which faction by requiring faction colors to be worn. It might be a bit boring, but I'm sure there are lots of variations of patterns possible.

DarkValthonis
Noob

good ideas

Post by DarkValthonis »

I think there does need to be some form of faction representation made clear on each character, although i can see possible bugs with all the ideas lol, i think placeing it in peoples character descriptions, such as underneath there rateing would be nice and handy.

But there is only so much that can be edited in the game without requireing people to download material to play, that would be a big no no in most peoples books, so it remains for an actual coder to answer our ideas.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Add an NPC or use an existing one that when you talk to them you get you gear painted your factions colours.
Could cost gold.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”