Create a Lizardman race for Ancient Ones

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
scruffyspellslinger
Noob

Create a Lizardman race for Ancient Ones

Post by scruffyspellslinger »

Just a thought, but as they have Yuan-ti and Lizardmen on their side, why not create a more dragon like race for them to play as? Lots of examples from MM, and I'm sure that someone somewhere has created playable lizard races.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this would require that players download a hak pak of some sort, which is something that the devs don't want to force people to do.

scruffyspellslinger
Noob

Post by scruffyspellslinger »

don't need a hak pak for tiefling, gensai etc.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

I made the assumption that you wanted the lizardman race to have the physical appearance of a lizardman.

If physical appearance isn't an requirement, then you're correct.

The Rizz
Noob

Post by The Rizz »

You probably can change the physical appearance without a hackpack (although it might not reflect what you're actually wearing).

The mod just needs to change what player model you're using (presumably in the first-time-login screen with the subrace selection) to one of the NPC lizardman models. You may also have to log out and then back in before the change will show (like the subrace penalties sometimes don't show until you relog).

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

aantioch does it without a hak pak... it can be done
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

lord_modred wrote:aantioch does it without a hak pak... it can be done

yeap... although they use a differnt program for somethign to do w/ either hosting the mod or restarting it or sumthign liek that... one of which lokey didnt sound liek he wanted to use or sumthing.. it sounded like somethign he wanted to do in the near future after he made his own i think... but i dont wanna speak for him..

just a guess...
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

TTG
Looking for group

Post by TTG »

Its a simple combination of scripts and Leto to do it all. Not anything impressive being that you can download it off NWVault.

That being said, you could add a lot of nice stuff to the mod with real sub-races. Actually modify the stats for sub-races, and not need to use creature skins for feats or everythign else. Its much cleaner. I'd be very surprised if the devs weren't planning something along the lines of this already.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

It's been past the planning stage and kicked back a few times. Want to at least see 1.65's quirks before digging into again (we're working on a different method, but there's no way to avoid booting to make permanent changes to character files unless...).

NWNx-LETO rocks, i.e. dynamic everything now but the slow write speed of the Bio database (only way to take stuff from in game, export it, modify it and shove it back in without cracking the engine) hurts.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

TTG
Looking for group

Post by TTG »

Did they ever get the dynamic items and NPCs stuff working?

Wow, the guy made a program that makes a mod. Incredible. Just imagine how many mods are gonna pop up now that you don't need any kind of know-how to make a mod. You don't even have to make the areas.

You' pretty much always have to boot the player unless they change something for 1.65, or you set up some fancy Login server for making characters that would then send you to the appropriate server. You'd have to have it do the changes between the server switch.

As far as lizardmen go...

Playing one would suck with the models NWN uses, can't see armor or anything in their off-hands(shields, weapons, etc). Not to mention I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to use armor. Most likely they'd have huge INT penalties too. Overall I'd rather play as some really whacked out planar race or an undead.

Alrahur
Noob

Post by Alrahur »

Leto script is great and would make current subraces more real and its not big deal to relog after making new char to take stats in effect.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”