Faction Loyalty

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
AlienOverlord
Pk Bait

Faction Loyalty

Post by AlienOverlord »

Would it be possible to limit players to selecting one faction (and that factions allies) for all chars that they create? When you make your first char you select a faction and from that point on you can only make chars for that faction and that faction's allies. This would create more loyalty and more sense of wanting to attack other factions. As it is now, you make a char and maybe even defend your faction city, but you make another char and attack that city. This leads to little concern over what faction others are playing and no desire to attack someone who is from another faction, except for those who just like to harass others.

Of course, this should be done after testing is finished to have a better means to compare different factions.

Wolfarus
Newbie Helper

Post by Wolfarus »

Well, as stated in another thread..another reason for the lack of people taking the faction system too seriously is there isnt any progress for your faction. You invade a vial city, kill their leaders and what do you and yer faction get for it? Nadda. Everything resets and you start over again.

Maybe once (and if heh) beta gets over, they can work in some reward system for your entire faction. The more you kill a rival faction's bosses (and in world, that would have a dire impact on any faction) the more bragging rights your faction gets for sporting the best [censored] kickers, and the better c hance of a "god" rewarding your faction temp. with something. Maybe gives everybody in yer faction x amount of xp..or buffs yer guards up for a bit..ect. Something to reward the drive of faction vs faction.

Quiett
Looking for group

Post by Quiett »

I really don't like that idea. Only for the simple reason, sometimes I want to play a Dwarven Defender, and other times I feel like playing an Assassin, or a COT. Since some Prestige classes

(*edit* or even normal classes for that matter )

are only available in certain fations, I for one, would hate to be limited to playing in the same faction with every character.
There are 10 types of people in the world.

Those that know binary, and those that don't.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

AlienOverlord
Pk Bait

Post by AlienOverlord »

Same two factions, except LA but it has no class restrictions. Who plays assassins? :lol: Yeah, it would be a little limiting but if you carefully chose your faction to allow you to play the most of your favorite chars then it wouldn't be so bad.

I like the xp to faction idea. How about once per 24 hours real time you can get an xp bonus for your faction if you kill x city guards in an opposing faction or x players (of challenging or greater difficulty) of an opposing faction. Maybe 1% of xp tnl would be enough to make it worth while and all players in that faction online when it is accomplished get the bonus.

One way to break my idea would be multiple login names...but you could assume whole new ideals as different login names...and some people wouldn't bother doing that, but those who need every class choice could go that route.

Mad_Bovine
Noob

Post by Mad_Bovine »

Bleh instead of login names just go with a CD key check,the server gets that infoon char login in case they have the player banned.... :P
Think you are lazy?
I once coded a 1300+ line library in C++ to avoid having to write 200 lines of code.
Bringing laziness to a whole new level

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”