Class/Race Specific Items

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Ryu Ironclad
Noob

Class/Race Specific Items

Post by Ryu Ironclad »

Hey all,

I've not seen much in the way of class/race specific items, except for those items restricted to Sorcs and Wizzys.(staff and robes) I was wondering if there were any plans to implement more class specific gear like fighter only gloves, dwarven defender axes and hammers, etc etc. I would be nice to see more stuff that is class/race restricted out there. It's always nice to get ones grubby hands on the |_|b3|2 133+ gear for ones class/race. :twisted:
Lord Ryu Ironclad
Ryuno'Ki Ironclad
Ryuno'me Ironclad
Ryuno'Oni Koroshimae

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Well now that I've added 1 bard to my 20 fighter the pure class items should be announced anytime now!
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Ryu Ironclad
Noob

Post by Ryu Ironclad »

LMAO!!! You know, you can always delevel yourself by dieing over and over and respawning. :twisted:
Lord Ryu Ironclad
Ryuno'Ki Ironclad
Ryuno'me Ironclad
Ryuno'Oni Koroshimae

drakbear
Noob

Post by drakbear »

Hey, to further that idea: why not have faction specific items? That'd add tons of new spices to the game's spice rack. And not the ones you get off the dead bodies of bosses, but ones that are exclusive to the faction after certain level/quest/gold. Excluding outcasts, of course.
I learned it from you, dad! I learned it from watching you!

-- Classic 80s commercial

kiros
Noob

Post by kiros »

I think that faction items would also provide a use for magic trash cans... You'd put items of other factions in it to be sure that they don't get their hands on it...
"And now, may I make a right choice to change the evil fate of this unhappy day"
-Aragorn son of Arathorn
### Furion Whitehorn - Cleric (RK) ### Eledril Agurindar - Ranger/Rogue (LA)

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

All good ideas....

and yes, I'm taking notes!

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Or, in the same way, just opposite: have weapons that are particularly to members of a certain faction. Perhaps you'd get them from the bosses of the faction that's the most hostile to that certain faction. So, eg, the boss of LA drops a weapon that particularly effective against SL. Perhaps it'd give a special incentive to use the disarm feat...

Shade

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

These ideas aren't new though....they were raised a month ago on other forums. Come on, how hard is it to implement this kind of stuff?
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Ouch - that was a little harsh, man. I mean, unless you've done them yourself in a mod like this, I wouldn't gripe too much about it. :wink:

Shade

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

I just don't see how hard it is to really add one or two items every week, to keep the game interesting. Especially for figthers, barbs, and rangers. These guys don't have anything but items, and the Really Cool Items department in NS4 is lacking as of late.

I copuld understand that the coding for making an item faction specific, would probably be a little harder than a normal item. But what about items that require class, alignment restrictions? these are coded into the NSAurora toolset and are easy to make. Granted it leads to the "one lvl of barb for some items, then 39 in monk...hehehe I am hardcore" thinking, but at this rate, barbs, fighters, and other crucial item dependant classes (i.e. non casters) are in a hurt locker in NS4.

I know Im harsh, but this issue got hashed over and over, and nothing has happened. Its like UPS and their "promise to ensure safety". So far, safety is non existent, just like really unique items, designed for characters of certain factions and whatnot.
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”