Silent Running

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Silent Running

Post by JesterOI »

Just an idea for an epic rogue quest reward, and item or something that detects when you are in stealth mode, and gives you a speed increase to get you back to normal running speed like when you are not in stealth mode.
It only gives the speed bonus while you are in stealth mode though, and stack with haste.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

QuickLightning
Pk Bait

Post by QuickLightning »

ph33r the shadowdancers...

Acce
Noob

Post by Acce »

Uhm, sounds a tad bit powerfull

As a counter I suggest that RDD's get an epic quest where they can gain the true sight ablity that real dragons have (meaning the NWN implementation). (Yes, i'm building a RDD :twisted: )

:wink:

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I don't think it would be too powerful, especially considering you would need to have epic rogue status to even be able to start the quest for it.

The true sight for RDD's would be very easy to impliment, just toss them an item with unlimited uses of true sight on it, or a special version of ultra vision for their bard spell that has a 1 hour/level duration, but also acts like true sight.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Actually sounds like a half-way decent idea considering its source...

I wouldn't give them normal speed though. But a 50-75% increase might not be bad. I'd say that they should have normal running speed if they have both the "silent run" and haste on.

And Acce meant throwing True Seeing on the RDD's Critter skin. heheh
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Or let them move normal speed, but doesn't stack with haste.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Sagil
Pk Bait

Post by Sagil »

Silent running - sounds like a nice new epic feat to me.. is it possible to implement new feats? :roll:
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them!

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

With a hak, sure. Active feats (like rage, bardsong, dragon breath) are fairly easy. Don't know about passive feats (Dodge, luck of heroes) though.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

IcemanXV
Newbie Helper

Post by IcemanXV »

I think epic bonuses should go to classes that most people don't go epic with. I think RDDs are sort of powerful enough. Major stat boost and immunities all the way until 10th.

Classes that usually are cheese'd such as rogues, barbarians, rangers, blackguard, Paladin, Monk (in some cases), Bard, Shadowdancer, and even some cleric builds are what really deserve the bonuses for being pure. Most people only take a few levels of these classes to get the benefits.

Acce
Noob

Post by Acce »

IcemanXV wrote:I think epic bonuses should go to classes that most people don't go epic with. I think RDDs are sort of powerful enough. Major stat boost and immunities all the way until 10th.

I somewhat agree, but the problem is that after the 10th level there's vitually no reason to take more RDD levels (taking levels in the other 2 classes are almost always "a better choice").

Could be nice with something nice even on higher levels of RDD :)

IcemanXV
Newbie Helper

Post by IcemanXV »

Acce wrote:
IcemanXV wrote:I think epic bonuses should go to classes that most people don't go epic with. I think RDDs are sort of powerful enough. Major stat boost and immunities all the way until 10th.

I somewhat agree, but the problem is that after the 10th level there's vitually no reason to take more RDD levels (taking levels in the other 2 classes are almost always "a better choice").

Could be nice with something nice even on higher levels of RDD :)

If there were epic RDD quests I would believe it would need to be much higher, for the fact they get quite a bit at 10, so most people stop there. The bonus feats per 4 levels sucks, and at the moment they don't get d12 hp per level. My push though is for classes that don't even seem worth leveling past 2 or 3. The normal classes would get something quite nice, for the fact they have to take 20+ levels of it to become epic, and wait for all of their prestige classes until their 25-40 stage.

The classes I'm talking about don't get anything extremely monumental for continuing even 10 levels, such as the HUGE stat points and complete fire immunity of the RDD. Getting epic quests of these type would allow some of the underused classes some more abilities to help promote pure classes and help get these classes on par with some of the innately good ones like cleric. Being an epic normal character requires more devotion, so the reward should also be larger than some lousy bonus feats that you can get from a prestige class that much earlier.

Acce
Noob

Post by Acce »

I'm not arguing wether or not other classes might be in greater 'need' to be changed then RDD's (in this case) or which order changes should be implemented.

I've been trying to look at the big picture where the mod is in a state where the classes are 'balanced', meaning that
30 lvls of RDD should be as worthwhile/attractive to pick as 30 lvls of SD or cleric (depending on other class combos ofcourse), regardless of wether it currently pays off take more then a couple lvl of <insert arbitrary patethic melee class here> or not. :)

QuickLightning
Pk Bait

Post by QuickLightning »

maybe if ya had to be "epic" shadowdancer to get it...i see people using HiPs and staying right with a character everywhere they go coming from this...and that is not a good thing for PvP =/

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”