Odd Idea to make PvP even less burdensome

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Alexiagold
Looking for group

Odd Idea to make PvP even less burdensome

Post by Alexiagold »

Since there is already a script/way to tell if a player died to another player, how about having something like an automatic revive when killed by another player, after say 3 minutes? I'm opposed to this idea, but thought I'd suggest it and see what people think.

Devlin
Pk Bait

Post by Devlin »

Not really a bad idea since the only penalty to dieing in pvp in walking, but, if the winner is still in the area then there can be a problem. Like if player x kills player y, then after 3 minutes player x gets killed again, then again, then again, see? Or if next time player y loses, then x loses, then y loses, It should really stop somewhere and I am afraid the 3 minutes idea might keep the pking going and 1 or both players will get upset and complain etc...........

Maybe this idea for player level 1-5 only? Probably not possible........
DM Devlin the Nightwalker
of NS 3 South

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

would be good for low levels (1-5), but then again, would be better for them to be protected from all pvp.

most of the pvp complaints is just lowbies getting killed while they're trying to find their bearings in the ns4 world. yes, it can be annoying when that happens and they'll get frustrated, but it's no need to go this far.

just be nice to the lowbies, unless they get in your way or something heh

garrykasparov
Pk Bait

Post by garrykasparov »

An interesting idea, but one that poses (at least) one major problem. When player Joe Schmoe is ransacking your city and you manage to take him down, you can either sit around waiting for him to rise like the phoenix and kill him again (annoying for both of you), or leave him to continue his rampage on your city. In theory, one could bring a horde of NPC guards to stand around his corpse, but that wouldn't guarantee an end to his slayings.

I am not opposed to this idea for say, players level 10 and under, but in general I think it would be a pain if implemented for everyone.

Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

Meh if you are sticking around, and thus re-pking the person, then its entirely thier fault, they could hit respawn still :D .

garrykasparov
Pk Bait

Post by garrykasparov »

That is certainly true. OTOH, if I want to defend my city I shouldn't have to stand around in one place and repeatedly kill someone to keep it secure. :P
What if, while standing around the corpse, Joe's friend Zoobaz the mage comes blasting through the gate with an inferno of spells; I've got enough problems dealing with Zoobaz to worry about his friend Joe miraculously reviving and joining in on the action.

Celorn
Relic Raider

hmm..

Post by Celorn »

Well, you could do something like this:

PC is killed in their town:
-they can respawn normally OR IN PLACE for NO XP penalty
-if they were killed by a rival faction PC, they get a small defender XP bonus?

PC is killed outside their town AND is lvl 5 or less (or 8th?)
-they can respawn IN PLACE for half XP penalty
-they can respawn normally for no XP penalty?

PC is killed outside their town AND is lvl 6+ (9+?)
-they can respawn IN PLACE for full XP penalty
-they can respawn normally for half XP penalty

You could make a 1. xxx 2. xxx menu pop up after they click the [ Respawn ] button, to give the choice.

{On Aventia servers, i believe you automatically respawn in place when under level 5? or 3?}

---
-Celorn/Jain-

garrykasparov
Pk Bait

Post by garrykasparov »

Er...well I would hope you could still respawn normally at no penalty at 6+, assuming you were PKed. I guess if you were charged full xp to respawn in place, I wouldn't object too much -- not too certain who would be willing to sit in an enemy territory and lose xp respawning though at higher levels -- bear in mind that when you die your buffs fade, so an invisible caster could stand there and wait for you to get back up and kill you again.

EDIT: I also just realized how respawn in place could be extremely exploitable for levelling purposes, so I'm not really sure it's a great idea.

Evolving_AI
Noob

Re: Odd Idea to make PvP even less burdensome

Post by Evolving_AI »

Alexiagold wrote:Since there is already a script/way to tell if a player died to another player, how about having something like an automatic revive when killed by another player, after say 3 minutes? I'm opposed to this idea, but thought I'd suggest it and see what people think.

I think we just need a honor system..
before pvp you should examine the person.
this isn't ns3, we all can't be death magic immune or have good stats.
unless they show atleast as easy we shouldn't fight each other

granted pvp doesn't incur a xp penalty but it's a fairness level..
a effortless person isn't gonna be much of a challenge
unless said effortless person is raiding your home town
then their fair game :lol:
but if a person does die in pvp.. who cares.. pack you a lunch and get ready to walk back.

just my .02
Fear the prophecies of your death!.

King Rasputin De'Artain.
Divine Ruler of the Dark Shards.

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

well my take is, niceness. And the honor system. For example....when I walk near someone who is in an opposed faction, I say my hello's and tell them I have no itention of PvP. The nice thing to do would be to tell someone if you are going to PvP them. Simple as that.....its the honor system. However, I doubt that will ever happen because telling someoneyou intend to kill them isn't fun, nor does it give teh sense of danger either.

Really, the only way to solve this is to realize PvP is permanent, there is no actual solution that the dev's can make, the players have to, which means there will never be any real rules, just guidelines (like the pirates code in Pirates of the Carribean). But since many won't follow the guidelines, there will only be two kinds of people.

Peoples 1: Those who are a part of the factional war, keeping strict adherence to killing those in another faction.

Peoples 2: Those who will work beyond factional lines and work together to keep the peace in the world of Aetheria.

I will be part of peoples 2, and so far there are some who also agree with working to bring peace to Aetheria.

Remember this will be done entirely through players....and that is how it will break down. PvP isn't the issue, its how the players role play their factional alliances, their alignments, and their dedications.
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”