Re: Pure Bard need love

Post by DM Ireheart »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

LOL :lol:
Thats how I would play my bard, Well that and trying to get everything dirged.
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

how many ppl built the pure bard after sonic damage removed?

you all lie eyes open!

almost all pure bards were built when the class was buffed, im the one of them.im also make one at that time.

if let me rebuild one now, ill say no.

i still think pure bard not any advantage VS 30bard/8bg/2rog, not only solo but also in a party.

thats why i think pure bard need buff!
Jena healer(19/5/16),Jena fearless(6/8/26),Jena fearlson(27/6/7),Jet DPS(28/2/7),Jena Swift(12/28),Luna Croft(30/5/5),Good GAGA(35/5),Jena Thug(40),Air Seeker(22/13/5),Jet Mars(8/2/30),canary leecher(40),Ronia(9/5/26),Kala Rift(2/16/22)

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Well, I'm in the process of building one right now. He's lvl 36 at the moment.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Can't build a bard/rog in NC, dangit.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

DM Sun Tzu wrote:Well, I'm in the process of building one right now. He's lvl 36 at the moment.
40 pure bard for what ,just for that extra +1 -1 songs?

poor save and low damage for a dex based bard(even have good reflex save, but not evasion still useless). all kinds of breath hurt them. thundersclap stun them, implosion kill them, abyss BG kd them, balog disarm them........

dont you feel pure bards are useless beside the songs in a party?

abyss bard's special ability DC 50 vs will,pure bard is easy be controled, then all member in the party will enjoy his curse song :-(

do you still like the pure bard?
Jena healer(19/5/16),Jena fearless(6/8/26),Jena fearlson(27/6/7),Jet DPS(28/2/7),Jena Swift(12/28),Luna Croft(30/5/5),Good GAGA(35/5),Jena Thug(40),Air Seeker(22/13/5),Jet Mars(8/2/30),canary leecher(40),Ronia(9/5/26),Kala Rift(2/16/22)

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

pure bards give up so many things (ac save damage etc)just for 2AB/AC,it look like just a joke now......

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Devillord wrote:pure bards give up so many things (ac save damage etc)just for 2AB/AC,it look like just a joke now......
2 AB/AC is a lot. If we nerfed githzerai AC by two points, a lot of people would stop playing them. If we buffed barb by 2 AB, they'd be a heap stronger.

The 2 AB/AC << the AB/AC you get from dipping BG, or CoT, or SD or whatever - but 40 bard gives 2 AB/AC and some more saves to *every person* in the party.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Devillord
Noob

Post by Devillord »

mining wrote:
Devillord wrote:pure bards give up so many things (ac save damage etc)just for 2AB/AC,it look like just a joke now......
2 AB/AC is a lot. If we nerfed githzerai AC by two points, a lot of people would stop playing them. If we buffed barb by 2 AB, they'd be a heap stronger.

The 2 AB/AC << the AB/AC you get from dipping BG, or CoT, or SD or whatever - but 40 bard gives 2 AB/AC and some more saves to *every person* in the party.
yeah, i dont hope you buff the song, that maybe break the balance again.

but at least i think pure classes need some exra pure classes bonus....40bard's song is perfect ,so long lasting time

i just need a token is ok, or some feats/skills buff also are ok,i wish the pure bard can keep breath more longer time in some place.

look my pure bard's name:canary leecher, that means i know his place in the party. buff ii,mass haste ,song song,help heal with kits,then just leech xp.

MrAsimov
Pk Bait

Post by MrAsimov »

Devillord wrote:poor save and low damage for a dex based bard(even have good reflex save, but not evasion still useless). all kinds of breath hurt them. thundersclap stun them, implosion kill them, abyss BG kd them, balog disarm them........

dont you feel pure bards are useless beside the songs in a party?

abyss bard's special ability DC 50 vs will,pure bard is easy be controled, then all member in the party will enjoy his curse song
Devillord wrote:i just need a token is ok, or some feats/skills buff also are ok,i wish the pure bard can keep breath more longer time in some place.

look my pure bard's name:canary leecher, that means i know his place in the party. buff ii,mass haste ,song song,help heal with kits,then just leech xp.
Clearly I'm doing something wrong here.

I leveled my pure bard without any pure bard bonuses. I buffed my party and fought along side them doing damage. I was not constantly imploded nor was i consistently stunned by thunderclap. I think I was disarmed and/or knocked down perhaps a few times by boss dragons in DE but that is about it, and there are plenty of cross class toons that meet this fate. (I must admit I didn't level it in the abyss so can't really say anything about creature abilities in relation to it except that a DC 50 will save should easily be makeable unless spellcraft doesn't count in which case it should still be makeable most of the time.) I have even thought of a number of ways to improve upon the current build, but I am far too lazy to rebuild it.

If you want, feel free to explain to me what I did wrong so I can meet your description of how my bard should turn out. Thanks.
Confusion is just a state of mind.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

You can build a weak pure bard. I have such a build with my drow. But if built right, bards are very strong. They might not be able to solo as some of the prestige classes can, but then it is the greatest longterm party boosting class there is. I always would invite a bard into a party. Next would be a cleric of course. But those two are almost a must in a party who wants to survive an EPIC epic run.

I think in this case experience in NWN in general and NS4 especially is really a must. D&D 3d edition, on which NWN is based can be a bit overwhelming (and 3.5 has been added in a few spots in NS4). And having the right build is far from easy. You can't just lvl up on a whim. You need to have a plan and stick to it. Especially if you are multiclassing. BAB, AC, saves and skills all play into it to name a few, spells with their DC and spell penetration e.g. are not easy to fathom either.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

every char i've ever made has been lvld up on a whim with no prior plans except a concept of what i want :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

We all know you are special Tep ;) a real genius.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

No wonder your builds suck tep :P
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Rufio logs in, Tep is around; over the curse of the next half an hour Rufio will die uncountable horrible deaths (among them:) the badgering badgers (polymorphed denizens of the abyss and celestia), the hellball catapults (ah good times, who doesn't miss those fireworks in the dark forest?), the singularity (doesn't matter where Rufio wants to go to, he will always end in the pit on the bridges after some minutes, where a nice god has placed some traps, only the most exclusive of course), etc. etc. :).

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”