Bring back STR BUILD

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Daltian
Relic Raider

Re: Bring back STR BUILD

Post by Daltian »

Or just add an item weighting 5000 lbs that gives haste(30) 1x day.
xXenox

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Daltian wrote:Or just add an item weighting 5000 lbs that gives haste(30) 1x day.
2x. Needs to be nearly as good as blinding speed.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Why 2x? You can have 2x if you can carry 10000lbs. 3x if you can carry 15k and so on.
xXenox

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

neg energy burst may finally be useful vs a str toon :twisted:

Haste should be a hugely coveted ability for a str melee'r: Dexers usually cant come up and whomp you dead with 2 hits, they need to be faster.

Actually i like crazy's idea where you get 3 resists for 10 or 2 for 15 or 1 for 20. Just add 5 to all!
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

mining wrote:
Daltian wrote:Or just add an item weighting 5000 lbs that gives haste(30) 1x day.
2x. Needs to be nearly as good as blinding speed.
Free items for haste vs needing an epic feat??? That seems balanced.......
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

dethonlegs
Looking for group

Post by dethonlegs »

Korr wrote:Free items for haste vs needing an epic feat??? That seems balanced.......
Bah.....just put boots of haste on and be done with it! Accessible to everyone and dexers get a feat back.

Oh....and make sure it has +5 dodge AC on it too or it wont get used :)

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Black Robes (not Black Cloth) I believe cast haste as well... easy swap for running
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

I used to use the boots from Terra with my str based characters when running around
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Aurin the Masterful
Noob

Post by Aurin the Masterful »

I've been reading the armor post and mabey thats the key Dexters should be more like glass cannons. remove all dr and immunities from the clothing and robes. That way they'll have to use their speed to dart in and out of combat, like a fencer.

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Aurin the Masterful wrote:I've been reading the armor post and mabey thats the key Dexters should be more like glass cannons. remove all dr and immunities from the clothing and robes. That way they'll have to use their speed to dart in and out of combat, like a fencer.
Dexers and glass cannons. Thats totally wrong statement. They aren't doing so much damage to be considered cannons, and aren't easy to kill so cant be considered glass. Its STR toons that are much closer to that statement. (there are exceptions for both, but I am talking in general)
xXenox

Aurin the Masterful
Noob

Post by Aurin the Masterful »

I Guess Glass cannon was the wrong saying. I mean dexter should be hard to hit but shouldn't soak damage up like they're wearing a bomb squad outfit. I understand this is a magical realm and that sort of stuff so mabey leave the ac bonus, but take off the dr and immunity. there is magic then there is star trek force fields.

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

So STR is a dump stat i guess now that DEX replaced it. Str gets what ab/dam DEX gets AB/AC oh and saves. Damage who needs that now that everyone can get Light Saber Switch blades. Eg 3d6 and up dam plus better crit range.
There is 2 builds in which str is a plus from this world and is a good build. Str is good for pure fighters and barb but, more for fighters due to there kd token. Dex is it here and I do see it as an over site here. Chr and then str is the next dump ability here. Can make a pure dex fighter and use kd token for enemies that have less disc then you. Pretty much all the rest of the classes have not enough disc (like those sd's).
neg energy burst may finally be useful vs a str toon
Pretty much all melee toons w/out SR are helpless to this spell, sort of, if you think and gather.
I sort of agree that str builds could use some love, but there are str builds that will kill a dexer easily, which is most likely why I wouoldent hold my breath. I'd love str dmg to be multiplied, sax x2 on one handed, x3 on 2 handed? the more bonus dmg that is added to a weapon, the less significant str dmg gets....
Most str builds beat a dex build but it depends on str builder and dex builder, it is that simple. If you suck at building, hey you suck, ask for help from friends. The sd dex build no matter how sucky they are will beat a good str build. Need a timer on the SD like the 6 second timer in NWN2. There is NO even battle field vs the SD on NWN1. Some servers, PVP, have put a timer on this ability, but it involved a hak, but hey it was fair.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Ryddwillow wrote:
neg energy burst may finally be useful vs a str toon
Pretty much all melee toons w/out SR are helpless to this spell, sort of, if you think and gather.
That was my text you quoted and it was in regards to a str toon carrying a 5000 lb token... normally a neg burst wont do much to a str toon except drop the ab, dam, and disc a little, but if they had a heavy token, they might actually get encumbered. It was a joke to show how ridiculous a 5k lb token was :wink:
Ryddwillow wrote:Most str builds beat a dex build but it depends on str builder and dex builder, it is that simple. If you suck at building, hey you suck, ask for help from friends. The sd dex build no matter how sucky they are will beat a good str build. Need a timer on the SD like the 6 second timer in NWN2. There is NO even battle field vs the SD on NWN1. Some servers, PVP, have put a timer on this ability, but it involved a hak, but hey it was fair.
I disagree here... with my favorite SD, i'd say 60% of his deaths are caused by a fighter token. This is due to the already existing scenario that was just being described. The SD dexer is not a 'glass cannon'. The force field thing is more accurate. They rarely get hit, but when they do, its for almost full damage. It usually only takes 2 or 3 good 2 handed fighter hits to kill 'em.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

That was my text you quoted and it was in regards to a str toon carrying a 5000 lb token... normally a neg burst wont do much to a str toon except drop the ab, dam, and disc a little, but if they had a heavy token, they might actually get encumbered. It was a joke to show how ridiculous a 5k lb token was :wink:
It does something to them but, it helps in the end, hopefully
I ee here... with my favorite SD, i'd say 60% of his deaths are caused by a fighter token. This is due to the already existing scenario that was just being described. The SD dexer is not a 'glass cannon'. The force field thing is more accurate. They rarely get hit, but when they do, its for almost full damage. It usually only takes 2 or 3 good 2 handed fighter hits to kill 'em.
disagr

Sd has epic dodge awesome feat and the fighter are to dumb, chug an inv potion. explains my point a triple logger in rk with pwnd names (NEILsomething), none of his toons had see inv, why? no clue. I knew he was tripled logged and could see how each toon reacted to my invasion. Really do all of us from NS4 need to dual and triple logged? Seems to be the thing here. Too, bad such a great server here. any questions plz feel free to send me a tell or a email. I am here for the just. (dumb ppl just means truth). Night

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

If you're so upset about dual and triple loggers just go away then.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”