Bring back STR BUILD

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Aurin the Masterful
Noob

Bring back STR BUILD

Post by Aurin the Masterful »

So STR is a dump stat i guess now that DEX replaced it. Str gets what ab/dam DEX gets AB/AC oh and saves. Damage who needs that now that everyone can get Light Saber Switch blades. Eg 3d6 and up dam plus better crit range.

Its like Conan vs Willow, but Willow gets a chain saw.

Oh and STR feat useless exept 2 power attk and the improved version. Overwhelming crit useless now lvl 15 weapons have massive crit, cleave is alright, and Greater cleave also useless. Mabey we should bring Dev crit back. Wait no thats just stupid.
For Dex feats Hmmm all good. Dodge, Mobility, binding speed, epic dodge.

So Poor Conan can barly hit you while you wack the crap out of him.
Wait Dex also gets Knock down so Willow with the str of a fly can KD him * rolls eyes

I know there might be some decent STR build out there but on the server it seem everyone is a dexter. probably a reason for that.

Mabey the devs could do something about this.
Like STR min stat for KD
weapons held two handed times 1.5 ab from str mod you know extra power to cut through ac
take away all the massive crits on weapons
take off extra dam on finessable weapons

Or and everone is going to hate me for it. But it will solve the dexter domination build, it is just one little thing
Take out weapon finesse feat and throw it in the Dev crit round box. In my book of balance you souldn't get high ac dam and ab. oh saves to.

please dont get me wrong devs i understand you re all trying to fix the balance and its a huge jobthis is just what i have seen online. And even with its faults its a great server

VagaStorm
Developer

Re: Bring back STR BUILD

Post by VagaStorm »

I sort of agree that str builds could use some love, but there are str builds that will kill a dexer easily, which is most likely why I wouoldent hold my breath. I'd love str dmg to be multiplied, sax x2 on one handed, x3 on 2 handed? the more bonus dmg that is added to a weapon, the less significant str dmg gets....

But your argument with kd is silly. It doesn't take that much force to knock someone to the ground, tho a str toon and a dex toon probably have different ways of doing it... In addition, most str builds have high enough disc to bee pretty hard to kd.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

1) see http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... &t=1002250 for the debate on nerfing robes so STR builds are worth it.

2) Dex based builds could be seen as tripping them up.

3) Dev... Would... Be... Awful...

Imagine a DC 57 fort save against instant death running around. *shudders*
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Tal
Looking for group

Post by Tal »

How about weapon finesse = ab of 1/2 dex modifier.

That would be a start.

"Once you start down the dark path of nerfing, forever will it dominate your destiny. Exceptions to this are few. "

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

build better?
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

I don't seem to be having any trouble with my strength builds :twisted:
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Tal
Looking for group

Post by Tal »

Alkapwn wrote:I don't seem to be having any trouble with my strength builds :twisted:

I don't make them so I don't care. :lol:

"Once you start down the dark path of nerfing, forever will it dominate your destiny. Exceptions to this are few. "

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Alkapwn wrote:I don't seem to be having any trouble with my strength builds :twisted:
ditto
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Anyways, its not like you can't get both high Dex and high STR.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

mining wrote:Anyways, its not like you can't get both high Dex and high STR.
And youll be worse than a str build, and worse than a dex build.

KD feat in NWN was taken from PnP Trip feat, NWN threw in this "discipline check" which is where part of that problem lies. (If you dont believe me check ur PHB for 6th level monk feats and see what monks get for free at 6th level in NWN).

I think chopping out the damage from finessable weapons would allow for better balance between builds (monks yes would still get the bonus of high base damage). Gloves should be included in this as well because "better safe than sorry" and str monks shouldnt need the bonus damage right?
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

finessable weapons not using the weapon finesse feat still use your str for damage, regardless of whether they are finessable or not.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

alasteir
Looking for group

Post by alasteir »

Would it be possible to remove the overwhelming crit. properties that NS weapons possess? This could make the actual feat of "Overwhelming" crit. an attractive option for strength-based builds.
I understand the overpowered nature of "Devastating Critical", and the reason it was disabled....could overwhelming crit. help to make strength-focused toons more attractive?

Personally, I like the server as is. PvM and PvP work very well.....counters to all builds. In addition, as Crazy and ALka have both pointed out, there are strength-based toons that do quite well.

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

alasteir wrote:Would it be possible to remove the overwhelming crit. properties that NS weapons possess? This could make the actual feat of "Overwhelming" crit. an attractive option for strength-based builds.
I understand the overpowered nature of "Devastating Critical", and the reason it was disabled....could overwhelming crit. help to make strength-focused toons more attractive?
Well I think that just mess up existing strength builds that could have taken overwhelming crit but did not and leave them with less damage.

I think the biggest problem for strength is not the lack of damage as they can do a lot especially if they are using a two handed weapon but there lack of haste unless they can cast it or like pure fighters and barbs have self haste.
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

An item which gives you haste for 2STRMOD rounds?

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

boots of escape.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”