More Ramps Please

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Rainswept
Newbie Helper

More Ramps Please

Post by Rainswept »

There are several areas like Island of Dreams and Dragons Eyrie that have islands where people get stuck repeatedly. Would it be possible to get ramps on some of these? DE in particular is really annoying because if a reset has happened you can't get back without using more items etc.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Re: More Ramps Please

Post by Rainswept »

I'm surprised noone has responded to this. It's a problem I run into all the time, I sorta expected a home run as far as support for the notion lol.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Post by diddy33 »

as far as a ramp down this could be exploited by people going on top and snipering down. . but i do think maybe a portal that connects back to the beginning portal or something would be a good idea. . as long as there were these portals on top of all of the cliffs.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

or simply put the ramps on the far sides of things so that you'd have to run around through monsters to get on top. A way down without having to hope for a DM is all I'm asking.

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Put one way portals in the most troublesome spots...
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

i vote for less ramps! Its too easy as is :)
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

Rainswept wrote:I'm surprised noone has responded to this. It's a problem I run into all the time, I sorta expected a home run as far as support for the notion lol.
Most of us dont run around everywhere with dragons that push us up on top of hills :P
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

Heh. It happens like every other trip in DE or IOD, dragon or not. It has something to do with the way 1.69 handles spacing is my understanding. I've had it happen other places too. It's very much like getting stuck on the tiny little ledges in the nexus and HoD, except no one can knock u off. You either hope a DM is on and has time and inclination to come help, or you hope your friends can clear enough enemies to let you recall and come back.

Dazrield
Pk Bait

Post by Dazrield »

I've actually only been there twice. First time was months and months ago with maybe 10 people before I got distracted from NS4.. that trip involved PC dragons. People ended up on the cliffs. The 2nd time was just within the last month or so.. we had like 14-16 people.. no PC dragons, no people on the cliffs.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

I've never been to DE with any dragons other than myself except once and it's happened to me tons. In fact it was my unshifted dragon who most recently got stuck.

Happens almost as much in IOD as DE. Probably more, since more people go there.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

skara tower will do it to.. especially at transitions... just not as hard to clear the area as say DE
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

The tower is only a problem with shifting. So long as you're not silly enough to turn into something in those very narrow halls, you should be ok.

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

PM me ingame and i can show you how to pull people down off of cliffs.
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”