NC Petition

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
cRaZy8or5e
PKer

NC Petition

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

So the other day whilst happily raiding LA, the defender NPC's were rezzing their fallen.

So of course, I'm petitioning for NC to get our own clerics added to our defender mobs and for them to have their AI tweaked to rez as well. Talk about a shocker when I'm happily imploding the defenders and suddenly they're comin back to life. Was very funny at the time, and made me realize the huge benefits, though not a large benefit any longer as the (sp) ghaele(s) are my first target(s) now. However it can be frustrating, for example yesterday there were two who kept rezzing each other. I used 4 implosions on these two lil nothings not to mention the two WoF I had to spam to drop their spell mantles lol. Nice mob really where a cleric toon gets spell mantle to add to their cleric abilities, neat little design really.

Another interesting thing that many have been discussing lately is the alliance defenders seem to have gotten an increase to their AB's. Before it was a given that they wouldn't be able to hit any lvl 40's with over 60 AC. Now its a given that they will hit up to and including 67 AC. Wow right? I'm not talking the named NPC's but the little alliance defenders. Seems a little bit out of whack. I thought I was just imagining things but others have noticed it too. The damage isn't devestating but it adds up quickly, especially when you're fighting 5-9 PC defenders as well :).

This post was not meant as a complaint but more of an observation and a petition to include some of these tweaks into our own defenders as well. We know that the NC doesn't have a monopoly on clerics and their abilities but you'd think that we'd have some good clerics to assist our defenders ;). And of course I don't know if such things are happening everywhere, because obviously, LA is dominating the relics. Maybe our own NPC's have some new surprises. The LA person I told about their mobs rezzing themselves was just as shocked as I was and laughing with me. This makes sense because how often do you pay attention to your own allied mobs? The only time I'm every payin any attention to my own NPC's in NC is to heal and buff them, but otherwise they're on their own for the most part :).
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

frogofpeace
PKer

Re: NC Petition

Post by frogofpeace »

Making the NPC's res is a really nice twist, btw - adds a whole new dimension, and like crazy said, a little surprise the first time they do it :P
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

They must have amazing ab as they hit my monk who has ac around 80. I just assumed they rolled natural 20's allot 8)
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

It looks like the factions are finally getting serious in the relic defense.

BlkMamba
Wheres the donation box?

Post by BlkMamba »

this effect is a global AI adjustment...its not just the guards, lvling down in the Gnoll Pits the caster Gnolls down there where ressing there comrads, soo i believe this effect is server wide, and if you notice when you kill something, it doesnt just "vanish" as they use to they sit for a bit, what i havent try'd yet which i'm thinking, is rezzing one of the guards after he had been killed...just to see if a player can actually rez and NPC, hmm or if they can do the same for you

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

I enabled resurrection AI for all NPCs... some creatures that I never thought were given resurrection were raising... like the Ghales. I was as surprised as everyone about that one... someone must have gave them res years ago but never gave them the intelligence to use it :)
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Bloodstone
Pk Bait

Post by Bloodstone »

What I think is funny, is when your fighting a mob of creatures, or npc defenders, and you see one (normally a spellcaster) sit down and start resting.
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

You must not intimidate them :wink:
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

what i think is funny is the res feature went in weeks ago and ppl are just now noticing it...as far as LA defenders hitting 80ac....hhmmm...
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

That does seem odd...

Were you blinded from the Ghale's Word of Faith?
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Yeah I just noticed it happening within the last couple days 'tep. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it before, I'm a pretty observant person, but it didn't happen once during the relic event. Not once in I don't know how many raids. afaik by my own observations and the observations of others, it just started happening this week. Furthermore the named NPC's corpses no longer disappear automatically, they actually lay there for a bit now, as if waiting for someone to rez them, reminds me of the gnoll mobs. All of these incidents really look and feel like a very recent tweak, like within the past week, despite the global tweaks to AI going in a couple months ago.

Perhaps somebody else noticed this happening a while ago, and I've just been deaf, dumb, and blind?

As for the Ghaele blinding his monk, well Linux I spose that could happen if they roll a 20 on their sp pen roll otherwise I doubt it. Anybody will hit on a roll of 20 and sometimes baddies will string a few 20's together. It happens, sunshine, dog's nether regions, and all that. Maybe that's how they were hitting their monks. As for the rest of us, the perception is that its more often than 5% of the time, which even when you think about it, maybe not. 5% of the time is a pretty high occurrence considering they get what, 4 attacks a round? The odds are they are goin to get a hit once every 5 rounds, put 4 or 5 alliance defenders and you're getting hit 5 times in 5 rounds. Now consider that each roll is an independent event, so they can and will hit you more times than that, so there are times where it will appear like they have a higher ab.

In the end I'm not protesting this, I'm just saying we want it in the NC too 8)
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

I have noticed a change in the AI script over the past couple weeks.

May I suggest taking Heal away from undead mobs? :lol: Nothing like watching a Lost Order in Icy Crypts take themselves out for you. I was laughing so hard the first time I saw this that my character almost died. :lol:

Our guys in the North aren't quite as on-par with the rest of the world. According to the wiki they're meant to be that way because they're supposed to "work together" as a better team than the others. Maybe we can see some more of that now with the new tweaks to the AI?

...like giving each Hand of The Order the Defender of the Pure. 8)

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

I had died while delivering supplies to the NC Northern Encampment (curse the Amazons! :x), and just logged out, figuring I'd deal with it later.

Later came and a rescue mission was enroute when I logged back in. Lo and behold, the NPC guards beat the amazons, then one of them strolled over and ressurected me. Thought it might have been a DM quickie at the time, but maybe the new AI script saw I was dead, of the same faction, and raised me.

That's cool. :D

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

hhmm...thats a new twist on the AI i've never heard of
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

i did a little playing in LA..the defenders couldn't hit me. i was running with 50ac
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”