Pure Cleric Ideas

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Re: Pure Cleric Ideas

Post by PeregrineV »

Can pure class bonuses be tied to feat and/or skill prerequsistes?

For example, if a cleric has epic focus in 3 of the spell schools, can that be used to provide one sort of pure class bonus, where someone with the melee feats (disarm, called shot, etc) may get a different sort of pure class bonus?

Not sure of the capabilites of the engine, and the difficulties in exceeding them.

Sparky
Dungeon Master

Post by Sparky »

I believe it can, but for simplicities sake, we try to keep the options fairly set to keep the devs heads from exploding coding them in. If the feat/skill would be common to 90% plus of that type of build (ex, Divine Might/Shield for Paladins), go ahead and reccomend bonuses based around it.

Heck, go ahead and suggest something anyway, I've seen Linux MacGyver stuff that shouldn't be possible, and it can always lead to other interesting ideas.
Serving NS4 proper as Lathander and Sleeth as Bahamut.

Yes, I'm a DM, but your build still sucks.

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

I would really like to see some pure cleric abilities that are unique to factions and/or alignment. There are far too many domains to script for, but 7 unique abilities would be very neat and very encouraging for people to build a pure cleric.

Perhaps at 40 they receive some sort of divine codex that has a couple of powerful party buffs?
I had pretty awful insomnia last night and came up with this idea. If that sounds like something the staff would be interested in implementing let me know and I will polish them up a bit and PM them.

Also had an idea about another job for AO that I think might be good. ...would have rather slept. :cry:

Sparky
Dungeon Master

Post by Sparky »

Go for it Blystos.
Serving NS4 proper as Lathander and Sleeth as Bahamut.

Yes, I'm a DM, but your build still sucks.

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

From the other thread, perhaps pure clerics could be allowed to stack party buffs. Either to the tune of no more than 1 of the same type, but can stack as many as you can, or maybe a limit of 2 of any party buff, even if they are the same.

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

How about pure clerics get the Planar Turning feat for free at level 35 or something? Aside from healing & buffing, turning is the other classic "field" of a cleric.

Carejo
Looking for group

Post by Carejo »

Pure Clerics have enough bonuses. If you go 40 Cleric you can fully heal anyone with a Greater Restoration.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Carejo wrote:Pure Clerics have enough bonuses. If you go 40 Cleric you can fully heal anyone with a Greater Restoration.
Are you speaking from experience, or are you just saying that because my level 40 Cleric with Healing Domain can do that?

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

I'm sorry Carejo I missed what you were saying because I was so enthralled reading your signature. Would you mind repeating please for these old eyes.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Nefarious
Looking for group

Post by Nefarious »

or you can go see "Elvin" and buy full heal pots and suck down a few. :roll:

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

P. Fricebottle wrote:
Carejo wrote:Pure Clerics have enough bonuses. If you go 40 Cleric you can fully heal anyone with a Greater Restoration.
Are you speaking from experience, or are you just saying that because my level 40 Cleric with Healing Domain can do that?
QFT. Greater Resto only heals fully with healing domain. if you cast it without you'll be less impressed.
<Lokey> Emergency! Ribeye @ $5 per lb!
* Binkyuk casts Summon Barbecue III
* Fangorn Fangorn wields his Henckels steak knife
* cely cely wields his wand of redundancy +2 +2
* Fangorn throws his knife at cely
<Flailer> You dudes are weird

Carejo
Looking for group

Post by Carejo »

P. Fricebottle wrote: Are you speaking from experience, or are you just saying that because my level 40 Cleric with Healing Domain can do that?
I think trolled.
DM_Kim wrote:I'm sorry Carejo I missed what you were saying because I was so enthralled reading your signature. Would you mind repeating please for these old eyes.
Maybe trolled.
Binkyuk wrote:QFT.
HARD TROLLED.

Apokriphos
Developer

Post by Apokriphos »

I suggest that pure 40th clerics should be allowed to tap into their respective deities domain, imbuing their Darkfire prayer with the ability to enchant weapons based on their faction. I don't think this would be an overpowering boost and would allow for more variety among the factions and standard pvp resistances.

Pure clerics of RK, AO, LA, NC, MA, SL, TC would all get an element related to their faction instead of Darkfire at the 40th level.

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

<-- Trolled.

Dang.
<Lokey> Emergency! Ribeye @ $5 per lb!
* Binkyuk casts Summon Barbecue III
* Fangorn Fangorn wields his Henckels steak knife
* cely cely wields his wand of redundancy +2 +2
* Fangorn throws his knife at cely
<Flailer> You dudes are weird

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Would it be possible to make mass-versions of non-mass spells?
Would it be possible to make versions of spells designed for caster only to affect others?

I have a very rough version of my idea for the Pure Cleric tomes, but I guess my suggestions will be limited to Linux's coding abilities, so I guess let me know on those two points and I'll adapt accordingly and post for criticism.

...good thing he has Epic Skill Focus: Scripting. 8)

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”