How about some Half-Elf subrace suggestions?

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Blystos Re
PKer

How about some Half-Elf subrace suggestions?

Post by Blystos Re »

I think it's high time Half-Elves get some love. These were taken from the Witch's Wake page, so in theory they should already be coded into the game somewhere. They would clearly need to be balanced and have some ECL for a couple, however I think a few of them would be nice.

...but then I am biased. ;)

Please post any of your ideas here also. :)

Half-Elf Subrace Suggestions:

Half-Elf: Air-Touched

Lithe, graceful, and free-willed, it is said the Air-Touched are distant descendents of the firstmen, born only among those of human ancestry. Such births are rare, often skipping many generations, but they are always seen as signs of great import. Some societies treat the Touched with holy reverence while others consider them beasts to be hunted and feared. Whatever the case, they are almost always set apart from the rest of their kith and kin.

Favored Class: Rogue

Properties:
-2 Str
+2 Dex
+2 Int
-2 Wis
+2 AC vs Law
10% Immune to Cold
10% Immune to Electricity
25% Vulnerable to Magical Damage

~~~~

Half-Elf: Nomad

The rugged, pale-eyed Elves known to the world as Nomads are said to never lay their heads in the same place twice. Calling themselves 'The Forgotten Ones' or 'Those Left Behind,' they pace restlessly across the lands in ones or twos in search of vengeance. Quick to anger and slow to heal, ill talk tends to follow in their wake.

Favored Class: Fighter

Properties:
+2 Str
-2 Dex
+2 Con
-2 Wis
-2 Cha
+1 Save vs Disease
+1 Save vs Death Magic
+1 Save vs Poison
75% Immune to Negative Energy
50% Vulnerable to Divine Damage
50% Vulnerable to Positive Energy
-1 Reflex Save
Immune to Cure Spells

~~~~

Half-Elf: Peregrine

Surrounded by a nimbus of light wherever they go, Peregrines are often considered to be somehow either Angelic in origin or Angelic by nature. All the same, the jails of the land are often full of them, each one imprisoned for some crime of treason or passion or despair. It is said they love too fully, too impulsively, rarely able to see the wider consequences of their actions.
Favored Class: Cleric (I changed this from Paladin because we already have Aasimar for Paladin...)

Properties:
-2 Con
-2 Int
+2 Wis
+2 Cha
+2 AC vs Evil
25% Immune to Positive Energy
25% Vulnerable to Negative Energy
10% Vulnerable to Fire
Light: Dim (White)

~~~~

Half-Elf: Shadow

The so-called Elves of the Shadow have come to dominate much of Elven society, especially in its urban centers. Quick-witted and decadent, they play out their countless intrigues against each other in the Elven courts, the other races serving as unwitting pawns in their endless gambit for power.

Favored Class:Wizard

Properties:
+2 Int
-2 Cha
+1 AC vs Good
25% Vulnerable to Positive Energy
10% Immune to Negative Energy
Darkvision
+2 Hide
+2 Move Silently

~~~~

Half-Elf: Sylvan

Some Elves still linger in the ancient forests, holding fast to the old ways and the teachings of the firstmen. They are few in number, however, and the forests are but a ghost of their former selves. Leaders among the Sylvan Elves claim that the world is ending and that they will be there when it does.

Favored Class: Bard

Properties:-2 Int
+2 Cha
+2 AC vs Elementals
50% Vulnerable to Fire
+4 Animal Empathy
Tracking

~~~~

Half-Elf: Tainted

Considered sullen and devious by some, resourceful and far-thinking by others, few seem to agree on the nature and origins of the Tainted. Given the aura of red light that seems to follow them, some argue that they must be devilspawn or agents of Stygia. More rational voices, however, insist that they must be lingering vestiges from the time of the firstmen, much like their elemental brethren, the Touched.

Favored Class: Wizard

Properties:
+1 Str
-2 Con
+2 Int
-2 Cha
+2 AC vs Good
25% Immune to Negative Energy
25% Vulnerable to Positive Energy
10% Vulnerable to Cold
Light: Dim (Red)

~~~~

Half-Elf: Water-Touched

Mysterious, enduring, and mercurial, it is said the Water-Touched are distant descendents of the firstmen, born only among those of human ancestry. Such births are rare, often skipping many generations, but they are always seen as signs of great import. Some societies treat the Touched with holy reverence while others consider them beasts to be hunted and feared. Whatever the case, they are almost always set apart from the rest of their kith and kin.

Favored Class: Paladin

Properties:
-2 Dex
+2 Con
-2 Int
+2 Cha
+2 AC vs Chaos
10% Immune to Acid
10% Immune to Fire
25% Vulnerable to Cold
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

Nognog
Noob

Post by Nognog »

i've had an idea long ago but now i forgot the details :P
Just one subrace : Vampire. Ecl4 , undead, no heals (heals hurt you), rare harm potions (blood vials), regen, str dext and cha bonus, Charm abilities, and blood sucking attack to recover hp n gain some extra power (ab ac str). 1 divine damage under sunlight x level each round ( 40 dmg each round at lvl 40 is a pain). Shapechange into bat, wolf and somethin else maybe :p . forgot the rest ...
Vampire hunters will appear as well :)

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

Nognog wrote:i've had an idea long ago but now i forgot the details :P
Just one subrace : Vampire. Ecl4 , undead, no heals (heals hurt you), rare harm potions (blood vials), regen, str dext and cha bonus, Charm abilities, and blood sucking attack to recover hp n gain some extra power (ab ac str). 1 divine damage under sunlight x level each round ( 40 dmg each round at lvl 40 is a pain). Shapechange into bat, wolf and somethin else maybe :p . forgot the rest ...

then why have pale masters?
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

lol banny why have sorc's when you have mages...

its called slight differences and flavor.

de_slider
Looking for group

Post by de_slider »

Looks like if this ever came to pass new gear like "Sliver Tipped" or "Heart Piercing" weapons could come into play. :twisted:
de_slider & her cross-eyed emu
-------------
-Slave-D'Stinger
-Slave- D'BeeBop a LuLu

Core
Looking for group

Re: How about some Half-Elf subrace suggestions?

Post by Core »

Back to the half elf subject lines

How about a half-drow?

I agree half elfs could benefit from a few cool subraces.

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

as half-elves are children of Humans and Elves i think the subrases should reflect this as in corsses between human and elf subrases
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Tsavong wrote:as half-elves are children of Humans and Elves i think the subrases should reflect this as in corsses between human and elf subrases
I dont think they are nesseserily half human. Why ther is no elfogre, elforc, elfgnome or the distastefull elfdwarf. Even better elfgenasis or plane toutched elfs?
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Core
Looking for group

Post by Core »

I like that idea VegaStorm! Half Elf half and ... orc or ogre or gnome that would make some great combos. good ideas!!! :idea:

Also keep in mind the one PrC that would get some new flavor from a half elf subrace, the Archane Archer!

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

I want multi-race abilities or maybe change race at lvl 20!

</sarcasm>

I think that the idea of races would be defined by large groups and settlements. Keep in mind that, like animal breeding, although new benificial traits may surface, the purity of the original race is diluted, as are their abilities. This can be seen in the original separation of Human, Elf, and Half-elf as races in the beginning of PnP... it was also assumed that there were large populations of each race. I haven't seen many nomadic half elf/ogre barbarian tribes wandering around...

If anything, use the races that are already defined in the module and RP any new subraces based on RP habits and locations etc. The previous suggestion for an ice walker race is kinda what I'm thinking... subrace of half-ogres.

Where are there large pops of half-elf mobs or now that I think about it, are there any gnome mobs? I wanna go see my peeps!
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Valhor
Pk Bait

Re:

Post by Valhor »

No way hehe. lol, power gaming please! (this is a PvP server ) :) no undead subraces.. you want undead you have to go pale master.. it's the closest you'll get

Celorn
Relic Raider

Re: Re:

Post by Celorn »

Valhor wrote:
No way hehe. lol, power gaming please! (this is a PvP server ) :) no undead subraces.. you want undead you have to go pale master.. it's the closest you'll get
Ahh... you may have overlooked shifters -- the Undead shapes (Risen Lord, Vampire...) are real undead except on ns4 they get all the benefits of undead, plus casting heal on them doesn't harm them like it should? (or at least it hasn't harmed one particular risen lord i've tried it on)

I don't see anything horribly wrong or inbalancing with a vampire subrace - it would be amazingly tough and challenging to get one started, you'd have to remain underground a lot. It might be fun to have to find blood vials on fallen mobs - and in pvp when you kill someone, you can gain hps from their corpse somehow...
Bargeld wrote:Where are there large pops of half-elf mobs or now that I think about it, are there any gnome mobs? I wanna go see my peeps!
There are at least regular and epic molemen out there... haven't seem them?
ImageImage

Bloodstone
Pk Bait

Post by Bloodstone »

I agree with Half-Elf subraces being added. But... I'd really like to see the rest of the faction jobs completed 1st :wink:
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

I've always thought of half-elf as a subrace in itself instead of a regular full-blood race like elf or human.... only a its a really bad subrace with no value. :wink:
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Chuff_7
Noob

Post by Chuff_7 »

I know how to give half-elves value give them an ECL of -1 :wink:
Cashmere the Unrepentant
Chiffon the Sojourner
Pongee the Peacemaker
Jaconet de Heureux
Velvet the Troubadour

Return to “NS4 Ideas and Suggestions”