spam hips counter?

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
disastro
Spamalot

spam hips counter?

Post by disastro »

I was fighting a hipser earlier today and my big melee guy couldnt see him (hipser would get 2 attacks off and re-hips before any of my attack clicks would register.) So i brought out my elf bard archer counterhips build. 102 listen so far, curse song, decent.

i could see the guy, but i could not attack with my bow. I mean, i would spam click attack on him but nothing would happen. when outdoors, an arrow would sometimes instead fire at a rat or roach or whatever far behind me instead of at him. sometimes id get a shot off at him when he was attacking somebody else, but otherwise nothing.

what am i doing wrong?

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

lag?

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

i had none of the usual signs of lag. game was smooth, no rubberbanding or "lost actions" etc. lag is generally pretty visible to me when it's there.

Falazure-
Pk Bait

Post by Falazure- »

that was me,all i have to say is get more listen.if you saw me it must of been a bug.

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

dorrect me if im wrong but doesent listen only give you a "vague idea" of where the hipser is where as spot you actually see him and can attack freely? this would explain the effect you were noticing.
Balion, Blade of Torm

Blystos Re wrote:"Join the Northern Coalition.
We have Motivational Posters."

de_slider
Looking for group

Post by de_slider »

you stand corrected.. a successful listen check will allow you to see, track and attack a HiPster...

Just ask the ones who have run into -Slave- Snipper when she's fully buffed..

All she has for seeing HiPsters is her listen check..
de_slider & her cross-eyed emu
-------------
-Slave-D'Stinger
-Slave- D'BeeBop a LuLu

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

aye thats why bards are one of the best classes against hipsers, dragons aside ofcourse.

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

spot is better.

listen is generally easier though. its harder to get a high MS than high hide, but with listen...the stealth toon can still attack you as if you were flatfooted...meaning it will still land sneak attacks, and easily
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

looks like uncanny dodge doesn't help vs that either... i got crippling struck into the ground lol (so much for those rogue levels!)

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

disastro wrote:looks like uncanny dodge doesn't help vs that either... i got crippling struck into the ground lol (so much for those rogue levels!)

uncanny dodge like doesnt help vs anything it should.

the only time i notice uncanny dodge doing anything...is when someone is beating on me and i try to cast a spell on my bard, he still cant hit me :).

but its a really buggy feat
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”