PVP Killings should have more rules

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Mortiana27
Noob

PVP Killings should have more rules

Post by Mortiana27 »

I think that there should be some sort of limitation on PVP killings. Tonight, I started a new character. Then I promptly had my 2nd level self slaughtered by an enemy in my own city.

Then of course, who am I to blame when you get, "I didn't kill anyone, my summon did it."

I lost all the items I was carrying on my person. I had just spent everything I had just so I could survive fighting RATS, only to have it lost when some "impossible-rated dufus" decided it would be funny and kill a second level schmuck.

I get the whole idea of warring factions, and all that jazz. I just think that there should be rules about killing people that are so obviously inferior. I mean, how much fun is there really in killing someone so less experienced than you?

Morti (character: Sauryn Zenta)

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

Some players go for the cheapo thrill.

Gil-Este
Newbie Helper

Post by Gil-Este »

lots of debating on this ATM in the general discussion forum. i suggest reading and posting there. and please please please for the sake of my eyes don't post in yellow anymore :P
O heat, dry up my brains! Tears seven times salt
Burn out the sense and virtue of mine eyes!

Revenge
Pk Bait

Post by Revenge »

it's a bug, kills by other players should mean you dont lose anything at all.

no xp loss, no gold loss, and most importantly no item loss

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

What about a karma type script?
Anyone you kill that is lower level than you, you lose X xp/level difference between you and them if they are X levels below you.
If they are higher than you, you gain.

Also a first strike rule, if the lower level makes the initial attack, the above rule is void.

Just an idea, throw some constructive criticism at it.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Mortiana27
Noob

Post by Mortiana27 »

Jester's ideas are pretty good.

I will try to forgo the yellow font :)

Someone said, on the shout channel, that if you log out and log in rather than spawning (when killed by a summon) that you won't lose anything.

Thanks for the response.

Sauryn Zenta

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

Jester, i like the idea, but why not let xp be gained off moderate players and above? It'll keep you from pk'ing noobs, but will also give a reason to attack players around your lvl, even if they are one or two below(which i doubt will make a whit of different if one's lvl38 and another is lvl40)
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

Merin
Noob

Post by Merin »

Well it is all in players hand... I dont attacked peoples even if theyr hostile if they dont attack me or my allianse... well if they are mayking fun of me then I might get angry but thats rare.. :roll:

Revenge
Pk Bait

Post by Revenge »

I really like the idea of earning xp for killing players your level. Over here in the shadow legion we are pretty much fighting off invaders 24/7. Finding the time to go out and level can be quite hard at times...

I've stopped giving hostile people a chance... Too many times it's just gotten me ambushed. If your hostile in SL territory expect to get attacked :)

XxDkCobraxX
Pk Bait
Location: Someplace that is probably designed to be rpg-ish or fear-inspiring in nature.

Post by XxDkCobraxX »

and if you attack someone in SL territory who means you no harm expect to be attacked back, probably with the summons you so fear
-|-Rent-|-

Ring ring ring ring ring....Banana Phone!

Revenge
Pk Bait

Post by Revenge »

Well considering that 3 or 4 times in a row I saw a hostile PC near the orcs, we say hello, move on, and the instant I get jumped by 5 or 6 orcs I suddenly find those hostiles have returned and are sticking knives in my back...

I'm gonna stop taking such chances and just chase you off before you start causing trouble :)

Plus summons don't scare me anymore because I've got nothing left to lose.... I have enough cash to buy the best gear I'm allowed to wear 20 times over, and cash isn't looted by summons on death. I've already lost what mattered to me most: My darkness ability.

Loevstyr
Noob

Re:

Post by Loevstyr »

Stop thinking of the hostile PC's as actual people with minds and pretend they're more like high level creatures you find in the world.

If a high level dragon kills people, they don't scurry to the forum and post mindless complaints.

It's quite simple folks. By leaving your starting city, you're taking a chance.

If you don't like dying, don't leave your city.

This post might sound kind of harsh, but it's the truth folks. Any high level PC should just be another high level creature and not someone you can launch personal attacks on via the shout channel.

The bug with losing things will be fixed asap I'm sure so I don't see that being a problem in the near future.

Lighten up, have some fun. :}

<3

Loevstyr

RunarSterk
Pk Bait

Re:

Post by RunarSterk »

Loevstyr wrote:Lighten up, have some fun. :}

From what I've seen of the PVP-related complaints, that's all people are trying to do.

:P

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I've sat around using heal kits on "hostile" pc's to help them kill some elite skel archers before... Think he was a monk.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Re:

Post by sep caldessian »

Loevstyr wrote:Stop thinking of the hostile PC's as actual people with minds and pretend they're more like high level creatures you find in the world.

If a high level dragon kills people, they don't scurry to the forum and post mindless complaints.

It's quite simple folks. By leaving your starting city, you're taking a chance.

If you don't like dying, don't leave your city.

This post might sound kind of harsh, but it's the truth folks. Any high level PC should just be another high level creature and not someone you can launch personal attacks on via the shout channel.

The bug with losing things will be fixed asap I'm sure so I don't see that being a problem in the near future.

Lighten up, have some fun. :}

<3

Loevstyr

that is what i thought until i made a brand new character and was killed twice in my own city within the first 5 minutes by an intruder.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”