Cheap Stores

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
-BannyD-
Spamalot

Cheap Stores

Post by -BannyD- »

has anyone else ran across the problem of losing an item from a store -after- you purchase it and leave the store? almost everytime i buy arrows for my archer...i lose about..20% of them from this bug or whatever it is, which basically makes them cost more. but, it seems to be the more items you buy in bulk (which is a must for ammunition) the more you lose on exit.

this has happened to me in the avendell and epic stores and i believe even sleeth. one time a toon lost every piece of equipment that was bought as she exited.

this is incredibly frustrating and im sure it has happened to others...can a dev look at this problem?
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

Nemesis Revised
Newbie Helper

Post by Nemesis Revised »

im wondering why this has happened but some hypotheses i hear from players are...

1) player enters store just before closing time and puchases the items after closing time

2) player enters store, purchases items but has one item left unpurchased and leaves the store. that one item could have caused it

3) lag issues makes the character with store-bought items unflagged and still considered "carrying unpurchased items"

--> perhaps the devs can look into these as possible logical possibilities. this has happened to me as well. this hasnt happened before the wipe though.
1%useful posts, 99% spaM

Kirg
Newbie Helper

Post by Kirg »

Must be lag, buy one item at a time, I guess. But then you would have to remain there for days, since lag makes it nearly impossible to buy anything.

Wait for a reset...

Another possibility would be to allow the original NWN merchant back selling only ammunition, but not buying anything from characters, that way lag wouldn't interfere that much.

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

i've lost items alot this way, so i have to meta game all my damn money back.

i've purchased items with little to no lag but still lost them coming out. armor, shield, boots, rings, belts...doesn't matter. since you cant rest in stores anymore you can't save and i haven't thought about relogging just for some gear. its frustrating when you don't realize it and your only half dressed.
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

Alain
Dungeon Master

Post by Alain »

Death Dealer1 wrote:since you cant rest in stores anymore you can't save

the book still saves for you.
Torm - God of Loyalty and Duty

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

true, but i don't like to save my char
if i didn't do it...someone else would have.

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

this particular incident happened in the epic store thats open as long as you can find the portal. i bought my arrows, the merchant showed the correct # of items to be purchased (i counted them as i grabbed em). i even bought them in sections, hoping that maybe buying less at once would help. i used my book to save AND rested. left the store, still lost 14 stacks of arrows...guildmate lost 28.
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

I have almost allways have had this happen.

I have found out with gear if u use your book and DO NOT equip anything as u exit it will rarely ever happen.
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

I have enver seen this bug, I have however seen a bug where I got to leave the store with items without paying for em.....

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

HA HA !
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Cthulhu Drega
Newbie Helper

Post by Cthulhu Drega »

just a bump to see if this is being worked on or looked into lag doesent seem to be a issue as ive had it happen just after a reset
"There is no great genius without some touch of madness." - Seneca

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

i know how it works :P

When you buy an item and click on the i'll buy thingy, and moving this item in your inventory to another place in your inventory or equipping that item before leaving the store will result that the item will get lost when leaving the store!! :shock:

Good way do do, buy item, don't touch it, leave store and than equip or move.

For these arrows there's a lil bug in it, merchants can see the amount of good, but only a fixed amount can be bought in one time, if you buy tons of arrows you do good to click on the merchant again and ask if there is more....

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

very ture, i have verified this personally....equipping just purchased gear b4 leaving the store does tend to make it pooof...

no reason to be in such a rush to equip such low level crap anyways :lol:
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Cthulhu Drega
Newbie Helper

Post by Cthulhu Drega »

ihuntudown wrote:i know how it works :P

When you buy an item and click on the i'll buy thingy, and moving this item in your inventory to another place in your inventory or equipping that item before leaving the store will result that the item will get lost when leaving the store!! :shock:

Good way do do, buy item, don't touch it, leave store and than equip or move.

For these arrows there's a lil bug in it, merchants can see the amount of good, but only a fixed amount can be bought in one time, if you buy tons of arrows you do good to click on the merchant again and ask if there is more....

i dont even touch the items till i save using the book and exit tthe store so thats not it
"There is no great genius without some touch of madness." - Seneca

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

just keep out off your inventory till you exit the store

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”