XP loss while defending...

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
blay
Noob

XP loss while defending...

Post by blay »

Any chance I would get reimbursed on this, or just take the loss? I hear some might consider this an exploit, but just curious...

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

send a PM to netrom, i have heard (from more than one DM ) that they cannot give xp back for such things but it seems netrom can/well since he is the Fuhrer of DM's...hehe its worth a shot...

And for future refrence, can u just attach the image with a direct link, so its nice and big and i dont have to click on it ! :twisted:
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

blay
Noob

Post by blay »

I'm sure that was hard work... sorry 'bout that. :roll:

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

DMs usually give back XPs lost to pks, since you're not supposed to lose any.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

BlkMamba
Wheres the donation box?

Post by BlkMamba »

and once you hit respawn once....let it go thru the process...if the box pop's up again hit wait and that wont happen..only reason the box pop's up is from alittle lag, save's alot of fustration.

Trogdorbob
Looking for group

Post by Trogdorbob »

well I had an incident that I was killed and I hit the respawn button and I was being raised and then the stupid monsters attacked me again and i died as I was being raised. I didnt mind the dying the first time but the second time was a little out of the ordinary seeing as they should not be able to touch you while or during that time and the fact that you really arent there as well. ( i think ) Short version I was killed while being raised.
It sucks. But as far as your predicament I have heard of a number of people loosing exp for that same reason and also out in battle getting pk'd
Burninating the peasants!

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

if you get whacked when surrounded by a bunch of monsters, sit there for a moment and let them walk away, that way you would get killed twice--as wierd as it is
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Trogdorbob
Looking for group

Post by Trogdorbob »

you know its kinda funny but not really when all it really boils down to is common sense.... Um or school or hard knocks. Learn the " not how to do it " first then know better for next time way. :shock: As for now if I was in the same predicament then I would wait till the monsters have left the area. I have learned what NS4 does and how the monsters react. It may sound strange or stupid but I think the monsters here act differently than on other severs or even the single player game it self. Thanks king
Burninating the peasants!

alena
Pk Bait

Post by alena »

I got killed defending as well. I never heard anything from my PM so it looks like we lose to xp :( . It sure hurts when you lose that much xp too.

Sunny
Hail the Dead

Sun

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

it's happened to us all... I've lost a lot more than that on my DROW a few times due to bleeding to death, summons kills and pk's that shouldn't have invoked a penalty (and deaths by monsters where a PC was attacking me at the same time so i didn't know which killed me....untill it was too late).

In some cases when this has happened, a short prayer to the gods could result in a challenge of sorts to materialize on your home land, which by killing it, you could regain some, all or even more of your lost xp (ie: Draco or the Grinch may visit... or the Emperor of Earth, etc...).
ImageImage

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

Well this screenshot proves that i didn't killed her with the deadly curse song, what mloki claimed to be the reason. Just bad luck for that loss. K, i did the final strike, but there isn't a thing i did causing you to loose the xp.

Was a nice fight thou

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

ihuntudown wrote:Well this screenshot proves that i didn't killed her with the deadly curse song, what mloki claimed to be the reason. Just bad luck for that loss. K, i did the final strike, but there isn't a thing i did causing you to loose the xp.

Was a nice fight thou

As you can see by the SS I was logging another toon in to defend when he got killed so I wasn't sure but knew it was possible since you were using curse song previously and it does cause xp loss if used to kill someone. I only mentioned it to you because blay was not sure if that was what caused it or not.

MLoki

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”