first time player info ?

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
bongoblue
Newbie Helper

first time player info ?

Post by bongoblue »

If anyone can provide info for a first time player, not covered in the books or in the docs in these forums, I'll be putting up some web pages.

Things like heal kits, lanterns, torches, places for lower level characters to adventure, etc. Places a low level character should avoid, etc.

The things that everyone, except the new players, seems to know by heart.

Oh, my sites don't have popups, no banners, no adverts of any kind. I expect no return for this. I'm just doing this for the community. And to sort of lift that 'new player fog' from my eyes.

I haven't started the web pages yet, but already I have spotted enough info in here to get me started.

Thanks,
Jollyblue

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

I see a few visitors to this subject, but no posts other than mine.

If you want to check out my web page skills... my gamer site is in my profile. Its my old 1E campaign. Most of a world, cities, towns,villages,adventures, etc..

For the Never Summer pages I'm going to do, I was thinking of dark text of medium gray pages. That way I can read them...

I already have mirrored some of Drav's NWN tutorials, with Drav's permission, they are at:
http://jollyblue.drivein-jim.net/dravindex.html

both javascript and no javascript navigation is in use on my pages.

edit: I mirrored Drav's pages to look as close to his as possible. I did add the pictures on the left side, and added javascript navigation. I prefer fewer graphics on one web page.

For those who look for flash and/or music, I don't use those on my sites.

marigold
Noob

Post by marigold »

Are you talking about a first-time NWN player or a first-time NS4 player? If it is the latter, I don't know that many people are really in a good position to know where to avoid/where to fight fully enough to provide that info. If it is for a first-time NWN player...I played NWN for a LONG time before I ever thought to going online to play. I assume most people would like to get the hang of the game before venturing out to where other people can see them look stupid. lol

Anyways, I guess I would like a little clarification on what exactly it is you are trying to do. :D

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

Well, how many uses a heal kit has. Thats not in any manual or faq I've read so far. The only info I've seen is my request for what to use for a poisoned character in here.

Thats the kind of things I want to put on my web pages.

Introductory info on how to add things to the quickbar, what items like heal kits are used for poison arrows hitting my character.

Things like that.

I don't want to repeat things already available.

My pages will be public, no logins, no cookies, no adverts, etc.

I will attribute all contributions to the person who gave me the info.

A first time version 3 player needs to know things as well.

I'm not counting on ns4 info. Although that could be added as we get familiar with it.

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

Hmmm. Doesn't seem to be much interest in such web pages, so since I do have a busy schedule I'll just put the idea on hold.

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Post by sep caldessian »

bongoblue wrote:Well, how many uses a heal kit has. Thats not in any manual or faq I've read so far. The only info I've seen is my request for what to use for a poisoned character in here.

Thats the kind of things I want to put on my web pages.

Introductory info on how to add things to the quickbar, what items like heal kits are used for poison arrows hitting my character.

Things like that.

I don't want to repeat things already available.

My pages will be public, no logins, no cookies, no adverts, etc.

I will attribute all contributions to the person who gave me the info.

A first time version 3 player needs to know things as well.

I'm not counting on ns4 info. Although that could be added as we get familiar with it.

a heal kit has one use. the +X refers to the bonus you get to your heal roll.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”