undead summons.....

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
KST_HAVOK
Wheres the donation box?

undead summons.....

Post by KST_HAVOK »

I was leveling with my cleric i made for recent summon changes he has both Greater focous in necro and conj and is a animal and death domain cleric.....

What i wanted to ask and or find out is if Animate dead is level capped....

once i hit level 5 my summon was rediculess for a level 5 ( cleric level 3 ) summon But allas when i hit level 8 my summon stayed the same level..

At level 9 the same thing happened he stayed level 7.......

So i was just wondering if this is supposed to happen....

Also im not sure i guess i wasnt quite clear with the summon things but will animal , and greater focous conj help undead summons at all?

Thanks

Yonwe
Glorious Leader

Post by Yonwe »

If you're thinking about the 3rd level spell (as opposed to PM Animate Dead, etc), then yeah, it caps out, although the precise limits escape me. As a rule of thumb, you can think of the overall power of spell-summoned creatures as in line with a damage spell of that level. That is, a Fireball does 10d6 max, while a Hellball does 40d6; in the same lane a critter from one of the epic summons is going to be around four times the power of a capped 3rd summons, et cetera et ceteri.
~DM Yonwe
Lolth - Goddess of the Drow
Velsharoon - God of Undeath

Zing
Developer

Re: undead summons.....

Post by Zing »

KST_HAVOK wrote:bleh bleh blah bleh blah bleh

Each summon spell will send a help text to the caster (it will appear in your right info box) when it caps out.

I forget the exact syntax but I put something like "This summon is at max level" once the highest level for an undead is reached. If you have no message then there are still levels to get from the spell.

I also added help text for intermediate caps for example "This summon is at the max level achievable without greater spell focus in necromancy" so that players will know what they need to do if they want to make the summon better.
Talos - God of Rebellion.

...zing broke you didnt he...ITS ZINGS EVIL THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS DAY....
-mgrjebbo

KST_HAVOK
Wheres the donation box?

Post by KST_HAVOK »

Zing wrote:
KST_HAVOK wrote:bleh bleh blah bleh blah bleh

Yaddda yaddda yadda whatever whatever whatever

With this being the case then i think the spell animate dead for level 3 cleric spell got over looked since i did not see this message thus i asked

Love the blah blah blah :lol:

KST_HAVOK
Wheres the donation box?

Post by KST_HAVOK »

KST_HAVOK wrote:Also im not sure i guess i wasnt quite clear with the summon things but will animal , and greater focous conj help undead summons at all?

Thanks

and i think this question got over looked

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

animal focus and conj. for undead....i don't think so, it only works for animal summons. have to be death domain and necro focus for undead. the text zing referred to actually tells you the lvl that your summon max'd at. all of mine are like lvl 15 with epic weapon focus, armor skin, and some other epic feats...lol...

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Hmm.. speaking of undead summons:

/
Should you be able to CRIT an undead summons that if you look at it's character sheet..says immune: critical hit?!
ImageImage

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

thats awesome.....wish i could do that.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”