Trouble with characters being locked out?

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Trouble with characters being locked out?

Post by DrakhanValane »

If you're having trouble staying on because of you character's location being unknown, post your Character's Name and Account below along with any other details you can give on the characters such as their last location and what they were doing.

When the solution is found we will try to fix them. Any new threads just to say your character is broken will be locked.
Last edited by DrakhanValane on Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

TastyTreat
Looking for group

Post by TastyTreat »

Account Name: TastyTreat
Characters: Damien Vryce and Karlat

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

I'm somewhere in the Orge Pass. Keep getting the 'problem portaling your character to a certain location'

Character Name is David, Account name is Quiett.

--

I can't login with my level 23 character, General Remy (BoC). Appears to have lost its location. I get the "portalling your character" message on all four servers. All four servers were up at the time of this post. Server 1 went down a few minutes ago when I was in Black Hills that connects to Silver Road Avendell.

--

My character, Doctor Bombay (rkanoida), is also having the same problem, and he was also last in the Black Hills. I think something is wonky about that area; there are places where it 'portals' to the same server.

--

also add surly mcbane (dugbird) to the silver road too black hills porting lost list.

--

Account: dipanddump
Characters:
Subotai
Turmeric
Deluge

Same problem here. Can't log in, I think he's on the archeologist camp site map with the ogres.

--

The server I was on (server 1) crashed at some point while at was in the Dwarven Mines area and now I cannot log in anymore. Everytime I try to log in I get the same msg with the options to either 'enter neversummer' or 'disconnect'. When I select the 'enter neversummer' option I get redirected to a sever and get the same msg at login. I've gone through this loop several times without any difference. Also when I was trying to log in, all 4 servers were up at the time. Another detail that I'm not sure is important or not: I was looting a corpse when the server crashed and while the game was hanging I was not able to exit the loot menu. This also for some reason prevented me from exiting the server until I got a server response timeout. The character name is Damien Vryce and the account name is TastyTreat.

--

Hey TastyTreat, i have the char Elrith Dana (barney26) who is also from TC and am having the same problem as you. When you get some help could you let them know im having the same problem. Sorry i cant help dude!

--

Administrators and Moderators,

Not only can i not access my char that I play as most often, I can't access any of my chars. My main char is =CI= Bloodmire Cyrin, log in QuagmireOFWolfpac. Hopefully it will start working again. I shall check this board often to see if any new results come up. TY again for all the help and everything you all do for us. With out you we could not enjoy this mod.

--

I just had the same bug hit my alt Karlat (TastyTreat). This seems to be becomming a very big problem. This time it happened to me on server 2.

--

I was in the Yian-Ti area off orc caves.. unsure of server.. i died tried to respawn and the server crashed. Since this point i have tried to log on for approx. 15 minutes.. it states a problem loading last point and to click enter to go to last saved area. i click it says finding server. loads and the little bow open with the same message.

Sincerly Nightshade Pein <GD> (Jesylnn)

--

I keep getting the message across all servers (Neverwinter4 Beta 1 - 4) that I can't login and need to contact a DM on this here board. Character name is Slytemnestra Slee (Iuz).
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Stub Longwind
Noob

Post by Stub Longwind »

I have a problem when trying to join the game with Martin Novalis Paladin Monk.

Char: Martin Novalis
Account: Stub Longwind
Last Loc: Old Wyrm Road / Pass transition.

I was in mid transition when I got booted from the server. Every time I try to join I get the Location error message. I have tried all 4 servers with no joy.

RumblingSky
Noob

Post by RumblingSky »

okay..

acct: RantingRabbit
char: RumblingSky

I logged out in the sewers under the AO town in the section you log into from the feeding grounds. I simply logged out with no apparent problems sometime this afternoon. I've been trying to log in since 11 EST this evening and I'm getting the same message as most others. Basically that there was a problem portaling my character to a certain location.

I have no problem logging in my character: Fade, who is in the legion tunnels.
-= Rovilea Windrome =-

"Common sense is neither commnon, nor a sense."

http://rumblingmedia.beyondapoc.net

Remy
Noob

Post by Remy »

acct: remy44
char: General Remy (BoC)
Remy (BoC)

Vaportrail85
Noob

**fixed**

Post by Vaportrail85 »

**Fixed**

Character: Chira Derman
Lost: Ancient Ones Hometown

Character: Liliah Davis
Lost: Wyrm Road/Silver Road

Account: Vaportrail8500

stuck in the login loop - unable to retrive character data from the database
Last edited by Vaportrail85 on Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

rkanodia
Noob

Post by rkanodia »

account: rkanodia
character: Coalition Sommelier (@ Daeron, I think) and Doctor Bombay (@ Black Hills)

Erythan
Noob

Post by Erythan »

Account : Erythan
Character : Erythan

lvl 17 fighter/wm . crashed in Drakmarrs citadel in AO ,cant portal back
Erythan 12 fighter/ 11 wm LA
Erythan the Holy 17 cleric LA
Erythan the Scout 18 rogue SL (Artisan Tailor)
Voodo the Sexy Gimp 20 Sorcerer MA

Jeselynn
Noob

Post by Jeselynn »

What fun..

Account : vidar_of_drasan

Character : Nightshade Pein <GD>

Last Location: Yian Ti Entrance.

I transitioned.. died and tried to respawn when the server crashed.. since then errors.

Thx Mch

Silent Bob
Noob

Post by Silent Bob »

Char: Silent Bob of >::OBH::<
Account: BobOBH
Last Loc: Ragnar's Kin Headquarters

iceburn
Noob

Post by iceburn »

acct: iceburn13

Chr: Trente Mennemen

Chr: Oderus Urungus

Last location in transition to Seeth Outpost when sever crash. Now I can not login on any server.

I also just created Oderus (just to paly a chr) and He is having the same problem. I went through the whole chr setup then when he went to enter the world a blank sceen. I then quite and now all I get is the click here in enter Neversummer loop loop loop......
Last edited by iceburn on Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

borgold
Noob

Post by borgold »

Account : Borgold
Char : Borgold monk Jr'ei'ren

Last seen in the RK clan hall and cant login anymore after a crash

Nemesis Revised
Newbie Helper

Post by Nemesis Revised »

Account Login: Jnbs07
Character: Avatar of Shar
LastLocation: somewhere by area near melencia forgot where (i was exploring the place and was quite new to it)

djshale
Noob

Post by djshale »

account: djshale
char name: Briom Rawl
last location: somewhere in black hills near the ferry (i think)

also I dont have any problems with other chars
When you cant change the game, change the way you play.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”