Clerics and Factions/Domains

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
crippe13
Pk Bait

Clerics and Factions/Domains

Post by crippe13 »

Hopefully a DM with a few minutes can respond.. Are there plans to limit which domains clerics can have in all factions? I noticed TC and MA have restrictions, but no other factions do. I can't argue that this would be out of line with the world you are trying to present, but I can see that it makes certain factions have a disadvantage on gaining clerics and the all-sought-after resurrect. Just wondered if this was intentional or if further restrictions were coming and just not in place yet....

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I'm not a dm/dev, but my guess would be that they are going to restrict cleric domains to whatever a factions deity allows.

Shadow Legion would have a nice combo for Vhaerun, Trickery (improved invis) and Travel (haste)
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

There are no restrictions on domains for clerics in any faction other than TC and MA. Originally, clerics were not allolwed to join those factions at all. It was pointed out that not having clerics AND not having vendors who sold Raise Dead / Resurrection put those two factions at a severe disadvantage.

It was decided to allow clerics whose alignments and domains "fit" the philosophy of the faction to join. There are no current plans to restrict the domains for any other faction, although has been suggested that the domains a cleric takes should match up to the domains of their diety.
Berronar Truesilver, The Revered Mother
Domains: Good, Healing, Law, Protection

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”