extended blood frenzy(shifter) not extending

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Garn
Noob

extended blood frenzy(shifter) not extending

Post by Garn »

it seems that casting extended blood frenzy as a dire tiger or kobold, with the extend spell feat while casting it from a hotbarred extended blood frenzy button, does not seem to extend blood frenzy(shifter) by a noticeable amount; i compared blood frenzy's duration(2 turns unextended) to forest's eye(lvl 20), and both were about the same except that forest's eye turned out to last 3 or 4 rounds longer than extended blood frenzy(shifter), for some reason
additionally, this other one isn't actually a bug, i think, but extended monstrous regeneration(shifter) seems to only last 6 rounds(instead of the unextended 5); i think that these and extended UV do not justify extend spell as a shifter, it should be imo be at least 7 or 8 rounds of regen to make it be worth it
also idk if extend spell works for UV(shifter), but if it doesn't work you guys please fix it?
edit: also i think blind-fight might not work while shifted, maybe; perhaps its just me being "unlucky" but it probably isnt

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: extended blood frenzy(shifter) not extending

Post by Lokey »

IIRC the spells on shifter do different things than described, that's why they ignore meta-magic for the most part.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Garn
Noob

Post by Garn »

oh one more thing; it seems that saves vs electrical don't seem to merge into shifted forms
edit: in fact, it also seems that saves vs fire and saves vs death don't work while shifted
i think it may be that only straight up fort, reflex, will and universal saves merge into shifted forms, but not stuff like saves vs. death, fear, mind-affecting, or cold

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

I think that’s a known bug. It seems I read that only universal save items work with shifters.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

uni, fort, reflex, will. It's not worth making the other ones work unfortunately (it used to be just uni, but I fixed the bug :))
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”