empath job+NS4 racial skill bonuses bug

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Garn
Noob

empath job+NS4 racial skill bonuses bug

Post by Garn »

so I made a wild elf; i started at level 1 with a +2 bonus to hide and MS, no bonus to spot, accounting for the feat bonus
I did jobs with him and got to the empath job; upon completing the first empath job, I was supposed to gain +2 hide +2 move silently and +2 listen
instead I only got +2 listen, and then I did the other 2 empath jobs, and overall I only get +2 hide, +2 MS, and +4 listen
the issue here is that the job bonuses are overriding the NS4 racial skill bonuses, which for wild elf is supposed to be +2 hide +2 MS and +2 spot on top of the feat bonus... and theres also the issue of not getting the spot bonus like the wiki and the game itself(at subrace configuration) says
I also checked my hide and move silently skill on another character who doesn't get a racial stealth bonus and has completed the empath job, and he gets +4 hide and move silently from the mastered empath job as per the job's journal text
also i am very very sure that i turned in every empath job without being polymorphed

also i should probably make a separate thread for this but apparently captivating song doesn't remove your invisibility if you do damage with it
and it seems that passive job bonuses, neither skill nor stat bonuses, apply while polymorphed
Last edited by Garn on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: empath job+NS4 racial skill bonuses bug

Post by Lokey »

Understood, script sees you have that bonus (even though it's for another reason) and doesn't apply it to your skin item. Tricky to deal with.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”