All characters booted

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
had3l
Noob

All characters booted

Post by had3l »

Hello, today I was playing with my alt account I couldn't log in with any of my characters because they were all being insta booted.

I can create a new character but I cant use the existing ones. I was playing at a friends house, so I suspect maybe he was using a similar port as I was on his computer or something. (Hence same port and IP)

I already changed my ports but I still get insta booted. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: All characters booted

Post by mining »

CD key stuff. Take a look at enable/disable cd key security.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

had3l
Noob

Post by had3l »

So I should disable security on all characters once I get them back?

For now I can't do that because the characters are insta booted.

The account is Had3l1 btw.

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.ph ... y_Commands

If you were playing on a computer using different keys than the one you created the characters on. Or you can copy the original key into the cdkey.ini on the new computer.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

had3l
Noob

Post by had3l »

I never used different cdkeys on those chars though, so it shouldnt be that.

I was using my laptop at his house.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

If you enter the module and are booted, it's something within the module. Make sure you're not using the GoG default key, that one is auto-booted.

Sounds like you both use the same game port, that also results in a boot, but one of you won't enter the module at all. nwnplayer.ini and change the (ClientPort=####), if both are set the same, you need to change one.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

had3l
Noob

Post by had3l »

Hi, I already changed my ports, CD-Key is correct.

We probably used the same port at some point and that caused the booting problem.

But now I know CD-Key is right, port is different, but no matter what I do, all my characters are booted.

I exhausted all my options here

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Just throwing it out there, because you have no other options and because this behavior has never been seen before in the almost 20 years of this game.

Have you actually looked at the CD Key files on the 'new' computer and compared with the 'old' computer (that was used to create the characters)?

I know you feel very confidant about them matching, but I would still suggest manually comparing them, just in case.

It's ok to come back and say "I swear they were the same CD keys, I don't know why they are different now". You will not have been the first to find that this was the problem.

FYI, when ports are the issue, you can't connect to server at all. No character list, nothing. Literally 'Cant connect to server'

When CD Keys are the issue, you can connect, see the character list, and when you try to join with the character selected, it gets straight booted.

When the character is is an invalid/bugged area, the character is able to be selected, the game loads with the loading screen, and ultimately you are connected, but only able to see 'nothing' or a black screen. Typically character sheets/players lists etc are able to be viewed.

Based on all of that and your description, it is CD Key related. Double check them.

Port conflicts and corrections linger and are fixed with a short waiting period.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

had3l
Noob

Post by had3l »

Thanks for helping me Bargeld,

It is really weird, I only really have two sets of cdkeys and neither work on my characters, so it's kind of a mystery because it does seem like a CD-Key issue, at least on the surface.

Hopefully Mining or Lokey will be able to check my characters against my CD-Keys to figure out what happened when they have time, I don't mind waiting until then :)

Thanks again!

alena
Pk Bait

Post by alena »

I have 3 cd keys (Neverwinter Nights, Shadows of Undrentide, & Hordes of the Underdark) & I believe that they must be in the proper secquence. There are lots of numbers & letters & I seem to hit the wrong keys frequently :roll:

Hope you get it fixed quickly.
Hail the Dead

Sun

had3l
Noob

Post by had3l »

Bumping this thead in the hopes a benevolent DM will assist me this weekend :)

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”