/enablesecurity now I get booted

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
alena
Pk Bait

/enablesecurity now I get booted

Post by alena »

Decided to check the security setting on my book mule, very bad idea. I enabled security today & now I get booted.

Mules were created some time ago when I ran Neversummer 4 in linux. I have since reinstalled & have no idea which key sequence for the 3 keys was that I used. There are 6 different combinations of the 3 keys, should I switch them around until I get it right??

I'll be on for EPW.
Hail the Dead

Sun

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: /enablesecurity now I get booted

Post by Lokey »

It goes off your original game key, not the expansions.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

alena
Pk Bait

Post by alena »

I confirmed that it is the correct key from the NWN book front cover, still no luck. Is there any way to access this toon?

Thanks.
Hail the Dead

Sun

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

I need account/name of the affected character (SpELling counts) and of a character you're sure is your current cdkey. Then it's 10 sec, if it's not in the banlist.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

alena
Pk Bait

Post by alena »

lswartz

Shortsun

If it is real easy, there are 2 additional toons that I plan on visiting the devil angel with;
Reaver Sun
Reaver Sun 2

Thanks much.
Hail the Dead

Sun

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Need a known usable character's name and login.

alena
Pk Bait

Post by alena »

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

login; lswartz
characters name; Shortsun

There are 2 additional toons that i plan on deleting;

Reaver Sun
Reaver Sun 2

Thanks much.
Hail the Dead

Sun

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

That's the non-working mule's cdkey or known working cdkey? I need to know a working character to lookup the info to copy/paste into your non-working ones.

alena
Pk Bait

Post by alena »

Be right back, as I think this is going to be a problem. I am going to check security on all my toons. I think they are all the same.

YAY! I found one that the security is enabled & that I can log in.

login; lswartz
toon name; Donie ~HNs~

OMG! I can't tell what this symbol (~) is in on the forum. Hit shift & then back quote (that is the key to the left of the number 1 key). Its is called a tilde, twiddle, or squiggly. Now i need some ale.
Hail the Dead

Sun

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

It's a tilde.

So changed Reaver<whatever> and Shortsun<whatever> to the working cdkey. Nothing's banned. So should work.

alena
Pk Bait

Post by alena »

That indeed worked. The Devil Angel had a short talk with Reaver Sun 2 but Reaver Sun fails a validity check when logging in & gets booted in 30 seconds.

Thanks much for the help.
Hail the Dead

Sun

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”