NS4 Connection error: Could not translate address

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Bargeld
PKer

NS4 Connection error: Could not translate address

Post by Bargeld »

Direct connect shortcut for ns4.nsrealm.com has been throwing this error since at least midnight EST.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Rowsdower
Noob

Re: NS4 Connection error: Could not translate address

Post by Rowsdower »

You are not alone.

When I use (has worked in the past):
C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\nwmain.exe +connect ns4.nsrealm.com:5121 I receive that error.

When I use (first time using it occurred post the error seen above):
C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\nwmain.exe +connect 74.192.150.137:5121

I receive an error that indicates the server is not up.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Try 104.236.4.134:5121 and someone leave a note for cely on irc.

Edit: confirm server running at that ip. It's in the dns list on this server, usually this site goes kablooie when that doesn't resolve.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Rowsdower
Noob

Post by Rowsdower »

Can play connecting via 104.236.4.134:5121. However, when genning a new toon the game freezes at a black screen, then exits, after selecting the "Enter NS4" option.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Server uses the ns4.nsrealm.com lookup to get you back there. Among the list of things to do when there's real dev time is replace the subrace changes with the change stuff in-game library.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”