cant log in

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
wojtas
Noob

cant log in

Post by wojtas »

hello

ive tried all stuff in other post ( change ports etc. ) nothing works

So me and my gf wanted to play some nwn yesterday and we decided to give neversummer a try bc we never got lvl 40 here so we think there is still much to explore :) so first i logged from work ( cdkey 1 ) to check stuff around also to export some toon data as she wanted make sorc exactly same as i already have , all was working fine , i was able to log most of my toons , only those i made really long ago was booted on login . Now then back at home ( cdkey 2 ) we made that new toons and start to play , after few hours of play we wanted to get some cash and stuff from my other toon so i tried to log it and got booted , then i changed cd key ( cdkey 3 ) and couldnt log in at all ( timed out ) i changed back i could login but only with that ton i just made , all other toons got booted . Well then i changed to another cd key ( cd key 1 ) ... well lets says i was messing around quite some time adding to mix changing ip ( was looking for dm but none answered ) .

Result is - on 1 cd key i can log on server but when i choose ANY toon im booted , on my 2 other cd keys i cant log at all on server - connection timed out
All my 3 cdkeys are orginal bought by myself in case you wonder :)

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: cant log in

Post by Lokey »

Did you close nwn entirely when changing keys? Is the game you ran at home completely patched (all versions need the final patch no matter what they say, bugs, especially in the re-re-rerelease version Atari slapped together when they were losing the rights)?
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

wojtas
Noob

Post by wojtas »

i made shortcut for neversummer ( so i guess that counts like i close an start game everytime i tried log ) and also was trying run game normal way too , got all patches , 2 others servers i play was working fine , only thing i has not usual is that extra textures ( which makes looks nwn1 as nwn2 most of time , well kind of ;) ) and colored icons but that never was a problem before anywhere

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

I used to experience this, I have multi-boxed on ns4 for many years now, and sometimes switcing key sets and toons on different computers or even the same computer would cause that login bug - it seems to do with the client port you use in nwnplayer.ini (Client Port=512#)

The way I get around it that seems to work quite well, is I have a bunch of ini and batch files setup:

play-key1.bat
play-key2.bat
...etc

contents of batch file 'play-key1.bat' for example:

Code: Select all

copy nwncdkey1.ini nwncdkey.ini /y
copy nwnplayer1.ini nwnplayer.ini /y
nwmain
exit
and a corresponding set of ini files for keys and toons

nwnplayer1.ini <-inside: Client Port=5120 and Player Name = player1
nwnplayer2.ini <-inside: Client Port=5121 and Player Name = player2
and:
nwncdkey1.ini
nwncdkey2.ini
Once I had that set up, never really ran into that bug, I have a whole different bug on my 4 GHZ, 8core computer that I will post in a separate thread but it seems the better computer you have the worse nwn behaves :./
ImageImage

wojtas
Noob

Post by wojtas »

BIG TNX man , all works now , seems change port i nwnplayer.ini did the trick , i was changing only on my shortcut or when direct connecting , that didnt fix all but at least i can log now most of my toons :)

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”