Main Tuna Boss Doesn't Drop

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Tru3Fals3
Newbie Helper

Main Tuna Boss Doesn't Drop

Post by Tru3Fals3 »

killed the main boss in tuna tonight and all it dropped was cash and gems, seems ridiculous that one of the hardest bosses on the server doesnt drop at least one piece of its gear. Is this a bug or on purpose, if its on purpose thats crazy, why would anyone bother to kill it.
The truth is just an excuse for those with a lack of imagination.
Amoenotep wrote:i still think everyone is just truefalse multi logging an entire server together :(

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Main Tuna Boss Doesn't Drop

Post by Lokey »

It's a bug I've tried to eliminate. It's "only" a few hundred lines of code, but occasionally it won't spit out the specific loot. I've never found anything in it that shouldn't work, running the algorithm thousands of times doesn't produce any null drops in my tests.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Tru3Fals3
Newbie Helper

Post by Tru3Fals3 »

did notice that the insta death aura in the center of the room wasnt working either, may be related
The truth is just an excuse for those with a lack of imagination.
Amoenotep wrote:i still think everyone is just truefalse multi logging an entire server together :(

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

That one's pretty low tech, the only way that'd fail is if all the entrance stuff fails which will spit out errors in everyone's log. (Trigger, check race/subrace, kill anything that isn't an evil gith I think...don't remember if there's an exception for player giths.)

We used to add loot on spawn because we used to do equip best out of the stuff you have on npcs, but it got to be too much overhead as the module ballooned to ridiculous size. I don't think tuna stuff has special AI considerations, that's all standard. Loot's created when npcs get into combat or on death if they're instantly turned into chum, and Bril and I have both gone through that one a few times because not getting loot sucks.

We know null drops that aren't planned to be null happen but aren't sure why, because they can happen when very few players are on and overhead is low too. Don't know when we can throw more monkeys at that typewriter though.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”