login crash at Ave cloth shop

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
harperspace
Noob

login crash at Ave cloth shop

Post by harperspace »

have a bug

go to Ave cloth shop put a new armor(Guardian Chain) crashed and login nwmain.exe is crash everytime

need DM to portal the charactor to somewhere else sliverroad or darkwood and disarm all the equipment

charactor id is: Anelice Millstein 2brd/25 clr
other charactor under same cdkey is no problem
Last edited by harperspace on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

harperspace
Noob

Re: login crash at Ave cloth shop

Post by harperspace »

after svr reset crash also

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Crash before or after entrance conversation? Before = bad.

Do you see others wearing that item ok? I think try turning off shadows and environment mapping and see what that gets you.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

LordKas
Noob

Post by LordKas »

Usualy when people crash login an area, it's because:

1- have one or more override that do not get along with override server-side used by host;
2- not have game updated to current version;

Whereas most likely you'll have the game updated to the correct version, it is natural to ask if and what override you have in your override folder :)
Usualy, soundset.2da, portraits.2da and .tga files (used for personalized portraits or icons) do not cause any kind of problems. Very often, the files for the heads or the graphic changes (like NWNCQ, also if i have not this kind of problems) and almost surely, .hak files, cause problems of frequent crash like the one you reported.

Check your override folder and remove these files (maybe do a backup) and AFTER reboot, retry to login.
PROUD TO BE ITALIAN
Also Know As, Damon Mortis (just for Browsergames)
Necronomicon4 Mapper

Mahyana ~HNs~
Secneum

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”