[SOLVED] Nwn Camera control with mouse3 is slow on new pc

User-to-User support and questions to the Developers and DM team.
Ogami
Pk Bait

[SOLVED] Nwn Camera control with mouse3 is slow on new pc

Post by Ogami »

i always use the center button of the mouse (or mouse 3) to move the camera in NWN . Cant explain why on the new pc the camera moves normal using keyboard or keeping mouse pointer left or right, but moves REALLY SLOW when using mouse 3 mode.

Its a win7 system, tried both usb and ps2 mouse, tried to enable/disable stuff in windows control panel. I'm sure its not a win7 issue because on another pc with win7 mouse works normally.

Has anyone seen this issue before?
Last edited by Ogami on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
>>>>>>>>Horsemen of Neversummer<<<<<<<<
Seung Mina ~HNs~ !KOS-MOS ! Zantetsuken ~HNs~
Masters of Tunarath
Stunfist&Hips Era
DING 100 lvl 40 TOONS ON FEB 2017!!!

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Nwn Camera control with mouse3 is slow on new pc

Post by Lokey »

I use that too. Since you don't think the game is problematic in any other way, don't think it's openGL drivers or something.

There's a mouse control panel with all kinds of settings. Win7 buries the crap out of this stuff, but it's still there somewhere probably under some advanced, advanced options. Compare with working pc's settings (i.e. maybe the mouse movements step is too large or small for game to register).

Only problem I've seen is one of the 1.6x patches that was fixed. Fully updated? Try nwncx and bypass all the default stuff?
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Teigrgwyn
Noob

Re: Nwn Camera control with mouse3 is slow on new pc

Post by Teigrgwyn »

Ogami wrote:i always use the center button of the mouse (or mouse 3) to move the camera in NWN . Cant explain why on the new pc the camera moves normal using keyboard or keeping mouse pointer left or right, but moves REALLY SLOW when using mouse 3 mode.

Its a win7 system, tried both usb and ps2 mouse, tried to enable/disable stuff in windows control panel. I'm sure its not a win7 issue because on another pc with win7 mouse works normally.

Has anyone seen this issue before?
I don't know if it still applies to you, but I can reproduce it 100% of the time.

Using multiple of the same client usually causes this. Running the (official?) nwn-patch.exe for the browser connect fix, with another copy of it opened with a sandbox program results in the sandboxed program going directly to the sky when tabbing to it, along as making the mouse scrolling at least 1/3 what it should be, if not slower.

It's one of the main reasons I'll only tab to that client once per area run for buffing and such, it's really annoying to deal with.

Other than that, I'm sure there are unlisted settings in the ini files you can mess with to change the sensitivity beyond what it allows by default.

Ogami
Pk Bait

Re: [SOLVED] Nwn Camera control with mouse3 is slow on new p

Post by Ogami »

Finally found how to fix the camera turning speed when holding mouse button 3 .

It happens on new multi core computers because they are too fast. Check the nwn framerate you'll see what I'm talking about...

All you have to do is limit the huge framerate to your monitor refresh frequancy by enabling "VSync" in advanced video options of nwn options, and the camera turning speed will be restored.
Enjoy
>>>>>>>>Horsemen of Neversummer<<<<<<<<
Seung Mina ~HNs~ !KOS-MOS ! Zantetsuken ~HNs~
Masters of Tunarath
Stunfist&Hips Era
DING 100 lvl 40 TOONS ON FEB 2017!!!

Return to “NS4 Help and Support”